Perry

Iowa vs tOSU

25 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Welcome to the club, housebuye. It is ALWAYS this way on themat.com. I take a PSU position, or any position for someone or anyone against Iowa, and suddenly there are 5 Iowa fans attacking me.

This msg board is dominated by these sycophants. That doesn't make you wrong and them right, it just means they are confrontational and want to pick msg board fights any time people don't see things their way. 

If you dont like to debate matches, teams and wrestling in general than why are you on a forum. Its crazy Iowa fans get called sensitive all the time, but they are not the ones whining about a forum being a forum. I am sure there is more of an echo chamber for you on a PSU board if you hate it so much.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Anyone else ever get the feeling you’re in the middle of the elementary school playground??

Yep! And what makes it even worse is the three or four of them are some of my favorite posters.

OK, so I fully admit I was drunk last night while watching the dual and the Sasso vs Lugo match. So I decided to re-watch it today fully sober amidst the outcry and outrage by Iowa fans. And contrary to popular belief Sasso and Lugo both had 3 shots/offensive moves during the match. (Actually Sasso had 3 pure shot attempts while 2 of Lugo's offensive moves came out of tie-ups) 

I think where most of the outrage stems from is the fact that Lugo's attempts were much closer to scoring than Sasso's...that fact cannot be denied. But then again I am a big fan of horsehoes and hand grenades and Sasso's defense was a beautiful thing to behold and indeed Yianni-esque.

The fact of the matter is this match was a draw on their feet and Sasso won it on his top/bottom skill....and that folks is the essence of folkstyle.

Don't believe me? Then rewatch it yourself...

Edited by DocBZ

23 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

You don't duck guys who have seeding criteria than you and are clearly better. Had Warner beaten Moore earlier, then avoided the match, that's a duck in my opinion.same for Malik and Lee.

If Lugo doesn't wrestle Sasso, with no clear criteria between the two, then I would entertain the term.

But winning % is also a seeding criteria for NCAA’s, so sitting someone against someone they’d likely lose to can still be considered a duck IMO, which I’d say Brands did with Murin/Warner.  (It’s also what Cael did with Rasheed in the B10 finals last year against MyMar).

Sure Ryan did the same thing with Heinselman, but the difference is Heinselman will probably be lucky to qualify at this point, so sitting against Lee will have little impact.  But Iowa is counting on NCAA points from Murin and Warner.  

Edited by 1032004

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

But winning % is also a seeding criteria for NCAA’s, so sitting someone against someone they’d likely lose to can still be considered a duck IMO, which I’d say Brands did with Murin/Warner.  (It’s also what Cael did with Rasheed in the B10 finals last year against MyMar).

Sure Ryan did the same thing with Heinselman, but the difference is Heinselman will probably be lucky to qualify at this point, so sitting against Lee will have little impact.  But Iowa is counting on NCAA points from Murin and Warner.  

Pretty sure Rasheed not wrestling in the big ten finals had more to do with his torn acl and less to do with winning %

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Pretty sure Rasheed not wrestling in the big ten finals had more to do with his torn acl and less to do with winning %

Respectfully disagree.  If he was that hurt he wouldn’t have wrestled the semis either.

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

If you dont like to debate matches, teams and wrestling in general than why are you on a forum. Its crazy Iowa fans get called sensitive all the time, but they are not the ones whining about a forum being a forum. I am sure there is more of an echo chamber for you on a PSU board if you hate it so much.

You think you are debating when often you are just plain arguing. And there isn't much debate when its several vs. one. 

You would get tired too if every point led to 5 people jumping on you. There are so many Iowa fans here that enjoy trolling others that few are willing to honestly engage them. The board is often referred to as a dumpster fire on other boards. Congrats on your lofty status here. 

Edited by TBar1977

The Warner one seems to be a mental game. Brands said Warner was ready to go and didn't know it would be Wilcke until right before the match. I think it has more to do with getting Warner's head right. The Murin one definitely felt ducky.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The Warner one seems to be a mental game. Brands said Warner was ready to go and didn't know it would be Wilcke until right before the match. I think it has more to do with getting Warner's head right. The Murin one definitely felt ducky.

I guess I could see that with Warner as one could argue he had an outside shot at beating Moore.  But Murin not so much with Pletcher.

Edited by 1032004

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I’m not real sure how Murin’s felt ducky. It’s not like he injury defaulted out of a tournament earlier in the year, missed multiple duals and has had a shoulder wrap on or anything.

4 minutes ago, Mpchillin said:

I’m not real sure how Murin’s felt ducky. It’s not like he injury defaulted out of a tournament earlier in the year, missed multiple duals and has had a shoulder wrap on or anything.

Murin wasn’t a duck IMO. He’s been in a shoulder sling all year. He’s missed other matches. And he wasn’t even listed in the prematch lineups at 141. I think it was Happel all the way to let Murins shoulder have a rest this weekend. 

He wrestled all the matches leading up, and then he's not there for this match and possibly next, both against prime opponents. It's totally possible it's injury related, but the timing looks odd.

I don’t think either is a duck for the sake of seeding. I don’t know the reasons, but my best guess is Warner wasn’t going unless needed, which would’ve happened if Assad had lost. 

Murin has wrestled a bunch of good guys this year. He likely sat due to his shoulder or some other injury/illness

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

You think you are debating when often you are just plain arguing. And there isn't much debate when its several vs. one. 

You would get tired too if every point led to 5 people jumping on you. There are so many Iowa fans here that enjoy trolling others that few are willing to honestly engage them. The board is often referred to as a dumpster fire on other boards. Congrats on your lofty status here. 

I have been ganged up on here several times, hell a couple times this week. Never have I took the time to start whining about being picked on.

Toughen up butter cup. If its so bad then leave. 

And thank you for the congratulations, but Im not sure what its for since I said absolutely nothing about my status at all. You just finish crying about others not engaging honestly and then immediately take a pot shot. 

Edited by russelscout

14 hours ago, russelscout said:

Tan Tom is pretty quick to cut a freshman loose. Look at Malik Heinselmen. They pulled his shirt way before he was ready physically. Now, any potential he had has pretty much gone out the window. Its not good for a kid's psyche to get whooped up on week after week in the big 10 their freshman year. 

Maybe Heinselman just isn’t that good?   You know this isn’t an easy level to succeed at and not every nationally ranked recruit is gonna become the next spencer lee.

47 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Maybe Heinselman just isn’t that good?   You know this isn’t an easy level to succeed at and not every nationally ranked recruit is gonna become the next spencer lee.

True, but probably all the more reason he should have been redshirted though.

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

He wrestled all the matches leading up, and then he's not there for this match and possibly next, both against prime opponents. It's totally possible it's injury related, but the timing looks odd.

Well according to last year’s themat.com duck definitions, it’s only considered a duck if the wrestler only misses one competition.   

14 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Welcome to the club, housebuye. It is ALWAYS this way on themat.com. I take a PSU position, or any position for someone or anyone against Iowa, and suddenly there are 5 Iowa fans attacking me.

This msg board is dominated by these sycophants. That doesn't make you wrong and them right, it just means they are confrontational and want to pick msg board fights any time people don't see things their way. 

I couldn't agree more!