Perry

Iowa vs tOSU

3 minutes ago, lost said:

But Lugo never scored

Fun fact, that is not a requirement for your opponent to be called for stalling! Interesting, I know!

In fact, you can score 12 points in the first period and then be called for stalling. It's a really wild sport. 

Edited by wrestlingphish

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

A freshman beats the number 1 ranked senior in carver in a great, entertaining match and all Iowa fans do is complain about stalling and take shots at sasso.You guys are the worst winners and the worst losers my god 

I agree it was a great match. Sasso was really impressive in the scrambles what with fighting off all of Lugo's attacks. I think what gets me jivved up at least is that, going in, I expected Lugo to be very defensive and look to counter attack, so I was pleasantly surprised to see him initiate all the shots and ultimately frustrated to not see any reward for it.

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

A freshman beats the number 1 ranked senior in carver in a great, entertaining match and all Iowa fans do is complain about stalling and take shots at sasso.You guys are the worst winners and the worst losers my god 

Isn't it crazy how some of us want wrestlers to actually wrestle and not defend?  Beats would imply he did something offensive.

Edited by VakAttack

4 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Oddly enough, despite the loss, I feel better about Lugo being a potential high all-american after that bout. Going in I felt really iffy about him being ranked #1. Still think he is a long shot for the finals, but I hold Sasso in really high regard and that was a really close bout.

I feel the exact same. I think Sasso is probably the worst matchup in the country for him and he outwrestled him tonight for the most part. 

Just now, uncle bernard said:

I feel the exact same. I think Sasso is probably the worst matchup in the country for him and he outwrestled him tonight for the most part. 

In an NCAA bracket Sasso goes down qtrs or semis. You have to be able to score and not live off of defense.

Just now, goheels1812 said:

If I were an Iowa fan I’d actually be encouraged by that match. Lugo was close to scoring multiple times. Sasso never really threatened Lugo. 

Yup. I saw Lugo as an underdog in that match and all the Iowa fans I've spoken to felt the same (given Lugo's loss to Sasso at Midland's last year).  I don't like the loss but if you consider Sasso as a title threat, like I do, I think you need to keep Lugo in the conversation.

Just now, Perry said:

Lugo is overrated 

He, Murin and Warner are probably floating a little too high in the rankings based off of early season wins. That being said, I think Murin and Lugo are wrestling better this year than last and I expect better finishes at the end of the year for them. Just curious, where do you think they belong?

7 minutes ago, Perry said:

Lugo is overrated 

Care to use results and logic to explain why Lugo shouldn't have been ranked #1 before this match?

Edit: switched to Google keyboard because it's supposed to be easier but I can't stop making typos on my phone now

Edited by wrestlingphish

The matchup I’m curious to see at 149 is Lugo and Brayton Lee. 

This is just pure gut feeling on my part, but I think Lugo gets Sasso if/when they meet again. But I think Brayton Lee wrestles similarly to Lugo and I see that as a 50/50 match.