Perry

Iowa vs tOSU

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Yeesh, Kollin Moore doesn't get the major.

It’s in Carver dude. Iowa overperforms there. The environment is terrible for opposing teams. 

pretty cool, but taking anything away from Moore not getting the major is just like thinking Mark Hall will lose time Meyer at NCAAs, like Iowa fans were claiming 

9 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

You don't duck guys who have seeding criteria than you and are clearly better. Had Warner beaten Moore earlier, then avoided the match, that's a duck in my opinion.same for Malik and Lee.

If Lugo doesn't wrestle Sasso, with no clear criteria between the two, then I would entertain the term.

Coaches have their guys sit out all the time for other dumb reasons, like preserving their mental state. 

everyone knows Warner is a head case compared to other elite D1 guys. He obviously is mentally tough just to make it through a D1 practice, but he simply isn’t on the tier of most D1 AAs mentally. 

Sitting him very well could be to protect him mentally. It could be the same for Murin. It could not be. It is something coaches do though. 

It’s annoying, but it’s also logical. I’m not going to criticize Brands’ coaching. Clearly they know better than I. Cael on the other hand...

12 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Murin has zero chance of making an NCAA final. Come on dude. He is unlikely to place at all 

What were your thoughts on Drew Fosters chances at NCAAs? It's extremely unlikely it happens but with the right draw it absolutely could. I've seen enough crazy sh*t happen at NCAAs to not just make a blanket statement saying zero chance.

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I know people are going to love that because they like Iowa losing, but that was gross.

lol yeah that is the reason! It isn’t because Iowa fans essentially calling people dumb for picking Sasso. Always the victim...

2 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

What were your thoughts on Drew Fosters chances at NCAAs? It's extremely unlikely it happens but with the right draw it absolutely could. I've seen enough crazy sh*t happen at NCAAs to not just make a blanket statement saying zero chance.

Of course. You know I don’t literally mean no chance. The post I was replying to is saying it is based on draw, indicating that Murin could make the finals based on the right seed. There are maybe a dozen guys more likely to make the finals than him, but yeah he technically has a chance. 

maybe I’ll enter the US Open next year and make the finals too

9 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

If I were an Iowa fan I’d actually be encouraged by that match. Lugo was close to scoring multiple times. Sasso never really threatened Lugo. 

Lugo lost in Carver against a freshman when ranked #1. Spinning this as a positive for Lugo is...very optimistic. I respect it, but mostly because you are on the Zach Sherman train with me

9 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Care to use results and logic to explain why Lugo shouldn't have been ranked #1 before this match?

Edit: switched to Google keyboard because it's supposed to be easier but I can't stop making typos on my phone now

? That’s not what the post said. He said overrated, not over ranked. 

Iowa fans were defending him being an NCAA champion this year. Him losing to a freshman in Carver means that assessment was overrating him. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

? That’s not what the post said. He said overrated, not over ranked. 

Iowa fans were defending him being an NCAA champion this year. Him losing to a freshman in Carver means that assessment was overrating him. 

Is Echemendia wrestling for ISU this semester with a national championship in his sights?

My post about Murin was more to say that NCAA brackets can break down really easily when an 8 beats a 1 or multiple upsets happen in the first two rounds. I agree murin is more likely to DNP than win it but he holds wins over a few guys that hold wins over some top guys. I like it when a bracket breaks down so I'm always rooting for madness.

12 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Lugo lost in Carver against a freshman when ranked #1. Spinning this as a positive for Lugo is...very optimistic. I respect it, but mostly because you are on the Zach Sherman train with me

I don't think anyone really thought that Lugo was really the best wrestler in the weight class. He was basically just a place holder by default. He was definitely the underdog in that match IMO.

Edited by DocBZ

With hindsight, I'm not upset with Kaleb Romero.  Kemmerer holds position and handfights as well as anyone in the country.  He simply took away Romero's O.  Kemmerer is probably the best wrestler in the Hawk lineup not name Lee or perhaps Desanto.  

4 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

I don't think anyone really thought that Lugo was really the best wrestler in the weight class. He was basically just a place holder by default. He was definitely the underdog in that match IMO.

Except for a bunch of Iowa fans, you are right. 

8 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

My post about Murin was more to say that NCAA brackets can break down really easily when an 8 beats a 1 or multiple upsets happen in the first two rounds. I agree murin is more likely to DNP than win it but he holds wins over a few guys that hold wins over some top guys. I like it when a bracket breaks down so I'm always rooting for madness.

NO I get to say what you meant. Bring it

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Lol fair enough. I just truly don’t know what to think about Sasso may be the more fair thing to say. I mean honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if he won the NCAA championship in March or if he lost a tough match then ended up wrestling for 7/8. I do think he’s pretty much a lock to AA though. 

Lugo looked excellent against O’Conner, but AOC was only 2-3 weeks back from a broken arm and he’s nowhere near his best form. Lugo won a grinder against Max Thomsen, who got smoked by Pohlmeyer. Boo beat Brayton, but other than that Brayton has looked really solid this year. But then Boo really only has 2 significant wins this year in Alirez and Brayton. Mauller looked good all year then lost to Jaron Jansen. 149 is such a mess. I’m not sure what to think about it. 

9 hours ago, treep2000 said:

This was a "feeling out" win for Sasso, and a giant confidence booster.  Mark my words, his offense will open up bigly very soon.  

I hope so but if he doesn’t figure out B Lee quick it won’t be Sunday.

duck duck duck.  Warner and Murin.  How does Brands look Gable in the eyes after those quackers?

15 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

With hindsight, I'm not upset with Kaleb Romero.  Kemmerer holds position and handfights as well as anyone in the country.  He simply took away Romero's O.  Kemmerer is probably the best wrestler in the Hawk lineup not name Lee or perhaps Desanto.  

Or Marinelli?

38 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Or Marinelli?

Brain cramp.  Marinelli is my favorite Iowa wrestler.  Love his physical style, constant attacks and the fact that he's such an honorable human being the second the match is over.  

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I don't want to stir the pot and spend 5 posts defending my link. Plus, I was pulling some tu quoque bs that I criticized someone else for ... positive hypocritcal infinity. My bad.

Edited by jackwebster

3 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

They have split their last 2 folk style matches just in the past year. Both 6-4 wins by each guy.

Sasso beat Lee just 2 folk style matches ago, on 12-2-19 and beat him the same he lost this last past time, 6-4.

Lee beat Sasso 6-4  this last time they wrestled on 12-6-19.

Your going off freestyle results from this past summer when Sasso. gassed big time but none the less... free style results should never be included when referencing having someone’s number in a completely different style of wrestling like folk IMO.

Respectfully disagree with the last statement. Both are well versed in both styles and both showed up to wrestle. It’s not like a McGregor/Mayweather crossover. Both styles totally relative when discussing two guys history against each other.