5 hours ago, irani said:

No one will like me after this post, but here it goes

It is really bad form to disrespect a legend and one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.Burroughs is one of the greatest of all time and should be treated with the respect he deserves.

I am also disappointed that every time an American loses some of the posters here accuse the winner of juicing.  What happened to innocent till proven guilty?  I remember people here were accusing Hassan Yazdani of juicing because he grew very fast, but as soon as he lost to Taylor, everything was OK.

Respect you as much as ever.

6 hours ago, irani said:

No one will like me after this post, but here it goes

It is really bad form to disrespect a legend and one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.Burroughs is one of the greatest of all time and should be treated with the respect he deserves.

I am also disappointed that every time an American loses some of the posters here accuse the winner of juicing.  What happened to innocent till proven guilty?  I remember people here were accusing Hassan Yazdani of juicing because he grew very fast, but as soon as he lost to Taylor, everything was OK.

agree!!!!!!!

I’m taking it a number of you haven’t ever socialized with a crew of Russian wrestlers.  World class trash talkers but funny guys—macho, testosterone fueled, typically not to be taken too seriously.  Through the haze of years, vodka, and Baltica beer, here is a very rough transcription of a conversation at the old Soviet training center in Minsk in 2004:

Russian guy: You like John Smeeth, yes?

Me:  Yeah, great wrestler.

Russian guy: He’s lucky guy.  We call him “Mr. Lucky.”

Me: Oh yeah?  Why’s that?

Russian guy: He win Olympics but lose Cuban guy.  He lose Sarkissian and later win World.  Lucky guy.

Me: Well, he must have been lucky at the Olympics and Worlds six times.

Russian guy: Yes, you understand.

Me: So tell me, what do you call Satiev?  He lost to American guy who only won one big tournament in his whole life.

Russian guy (feeling the vodka muscles swell):  Satiev is great wrestler!  Greatest in history!  He kill this guy they meet again!

Me: Yeah, Satiev is one of the greatest, no argument, but they didn't meet again, did they?  Ready for another piva, moi droog?

Keep on rockin' in the free world, Khuzin.

MVC-265S.JPG

9 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

I’m taking it a number of you haven’t ever socialized with a crew of Russian wrestlers.  World class trash talkers but funny guys—macho, testosterone fueled, typically not to be taken too seriously.  Through the haze of years, vodka, and Baltica beer, here is a very rough transcription of a conversation at the old Soviet training center in Minsk in 2004:

Russian guy: You like John Smeeth, yes?

Me:  Yeah, great wrestler.

Russian guy: He’s lucky guy.  We call him “Mr. Lucky.”

Me: Oh yeah?  Why’s that?

Russian guy: He win Olympics but lose Cuban guy.  He lose Sarkissian and later win World.  Lucky guy.

Me: Well, he must have been lucky at the Olympics and Worlds six times.

Russian guy: Yes, you understand.

Me: So tell me, what do you call Satiev?  He lost to American guy who only won one big tournament in his whole life.

Russian guy (feeling the vodka muscles swell):  Satiev is great wrestler!  Greatest in history!  He kill this guy they meet again!

Me: Yeah, Satiev is one of the greatest, no argument, but they didn't meet again, did they?  Ready for another piva, moi droog?

Keep on rockin' in the free world, Khuzin.

MVC-265S.JPG

once Medved laughed when one jourbalist asked him about Khabib Nurmagomedov's wrestling skills. He said every wrestler in our club can beat him. But he argued that. Everyone agreed. He is very funny person, legend.