Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Thank You Big Ten Network!

I read last fall that BTN was providing us with a 40% increase in college wrestling television coverage – the most in network history.

The last few weeks - and especially tonights 2-fer, certainly supports that claim.

Why not use your keyboards to write a quick thank you to their network for giving the wrestling fans what they want – more televised college wrestling!

BTN ON TWITTER:
@BigTenNetwork

BIG TEN ON TWITTER:

@B1GWrestling

BTN ON INSTAGRAM
@BigTenNetwork

BTN ON FACEBOOK
www.facebook.com/BTN

BTN ON YOUTUBE
Big Ten Network

Edited by Marcus Cisero

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I read last fall that BTN was providing us with a 40% increase in college wrestling television coverage – the most in network history.

The last few weeks - and especially tonights 2-fer, certainly supports that claim.

Why not use your keyboards to write a quick thank you to their network for giving the wrestling fans what they want – more televised college wrestling!

BTN ON TWITTER:
@BigTenNetwork

BIG TEN ON TWITTER:

@B1GWrestling

BTN ON INSTAGRAM
@BigTenNetwork

BTN ON FACEBOOK
www.facebook.com/BTN

BTN ON YOUTUBE
Big Ten Network

I was thinking the same after last weekend.  Cool.  Also, ESPN picked up a match along the way. 

12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Meh....I don't have cable TV. I just make do with FLO.

Try YouTube TV. It works great and has all the channels cable has (including BTN) , but is total streaming. Plus, it also functions like a DVR. Give it a try. Just download the app and go. If you don't have a smart TV, then get either Apple TV or Roku and you will be all set.

Just now, kgschalhoub said:

Try YouTube TV. It works great and has all the channels cable has (including BTN) , but is total streaming. Plus, it also functions like a DVR. Give it a try. Just download the app and go. If you don't have a smart TV, then get either Apple TV or Roku and you will be all set.

I do watch a fair amount of wrestling on youtube! It's a valuable resource in that regard. Only problem is the matches are posted after the fact. Live is a bit more fun, of course :D

21 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I do watch a fair amount of wrestling on youtube! It's a valuable resource in that regard. Only problem is the matches are posted after the fact. Live is a bit more fun, of course :D

Not YouTube, YouTube TV. It is a streaming service that includes local channels. It's like Sling TV only better, I think.

3 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

I actually just got YouTubeTV and love it.  Used to have Sling but IMO this is better

1 minute ago, Witherman said:

I actually just got YouTubeTV and love it.  Used to have Sling but IMO this is better

I love it too. Good interface. I like the library function for recording. Once I set it to "record" one NCAA wresting match, it saves everyone after. Cable TV is dead. I only use Comcast for internet!

While YouTube.tv is a solid product, at some point you should mention that it's $50 a month.  That's a steep price for someone who doesn't have cable now...

I REALLY wish they would bundle in YouTube Premium with it to get rid of ads on rokus and the like.  That would likely have pushed me to sign up, but i gave up after the free trial. 

1 hour ago, Witherman said:

YouTubeTV is the BEST !!! 

Less expensive than cable and soooo much better of a product.  And they have Big10 and ESPN's 

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

While YouTube.tv is a solid product, at some point you should mention that it's $50 a month.  That's a steep price for someone who doesn't have cable now...

I REALLY wish they would bundle in YouTube Premium with it to get rid of ads on rokus and the like.  That would likely have pushed me to sign up, but i gave up after the free trial. 

TV is just not free anymore (not since the seventies), so you have to pay something. With YouTube TV I get all the channels I got with Xfinity (not including premiums) for $50/month. I am saving $125/month by not having cable.

47 minutes ago, kgschalhoub said:

TV is just not free anymore (not since the seventies), so you have to pay something. With YouTube TV I get all the channels I got with Xfinity (not including premiums) for $50/month. I am saving $125/month by not having cable.

I'm not saying you shouldn't pay, not at all.  But in the context of this thread going from nothing to a service that is $50 a month is a big jump.  The price should be mentioned, which it now has.  Nothing more nothing less...

Edited by Gantry

1 hour ago, kgschalhoub said:

kgschalhoub:

Could you please let me know the YouTube TV set up you have for $50 a month. Comcast just raised my monthly fee from $183 to $193, and that's after removing some of our favorite channels like Turner Classics, ID channel and a few others we used to enjoy. My main TV is not a smart TV so I have to use a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my big screen set to watch FLO, Big Ten reruns - etc via You Tube.  I also have 2 smaller non-smart TVs in other rooms, plus internet plus they get my landline phone. We do not watch 90+% of the TV channels which is why I'm looking for  more cost effective alternative.  All this for $193 so it doesnt seem right to me. Please let me know your set-up when time allows. Oh, and I prefer "ad-free" via free ad blocker because I despise commercials. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, HokieHWT said:

If a vegan cross fitter who doesn’t have cable enters a bar, which does he talk about first?

Probably one of the funniest things I've read here.  Kudos! 

I also have an answer...being vegan for sure.

18 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

kgschalhoub:

Could you please let me know the YouTube TV set up you have for $50 a month. Comcast just raised my monthly fee from $183 to $193, and that's after removing some of our favorite channels like Turner Classics, ID channel and a few others we used to enjoy. My main TV is not a smart TV so I have to use a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my big screen set to watch FLO, Big Ten reruns - etc via You Tube.  I also have 2 smaller non-smart TVs in other rooms, plus internet plus they get my landline phone. We do not watch 90+% of the TV channels which is why I'm looking for  more cost effective alternative.  All this for $193 so it doesnt seem right to me. Please let me know your set-up when time allows. Oh, and I prefer "ad-free" via free ad blocker because I despise commercials. Thanks in advance!

New smart TVs have the YouTube TV app preinstalled. Without a smart TV, you will need to purchase either an Apple TV device or Roku device. They connect to your TV through the HDMI port. You will have to download the YouTube TV app on the device. When you open it you get 7 free days, then approximately $50/month (varies with regions), for all the channels you get now plus local channels. Try it for 7 days, so you can compare with cable. You can easily cancel the YouTube TV before you get charged if you don't like it.

2 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

New smart TVs have the YouTube TV app preinstalled. Without a smart TV, you will need to purchase either an Apple TV device or Roku device. They connect to your TV through the HDMI port. You will have to download the YouTube TV app on the device. When you open it you get 7 free days, then approximately $50/month (varies with regions), for all the channels you get now plus local channels. Try it for 7 days, so you can compare with cable. You can easily cancel the YouTube TV before you get charged if you don't like it.

Thank you very much sir!  I watch a lot of wrestling and other videos on You Tube and often see the 7 day trial offer, then say no thanks. After Comcast just increased our rates - your info is very timely and much appreciated!  I'm going to give it a try. Thank you again!

On 1/24/2020 at 3:07 PM, Marcus Cisero said:

kgschalhoub:

I didn't realize there were any dinosaurs left.