Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Monday

Not sure who all watched, but I really thought the ACC network put on a good broadcast. The two announcers knew their stuff, good break in the action interviewing Mekhi for the 184 match and letting him talk about various things. I was skeptical of how their first event would go, but I’d give the network an A so far in my book. 

9 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

The ACC Network gets a giant F from me as long as Comcast and them can't come to an agreement, on account of them refusing to hand in their assignments...

I felt this pain for a long time. I have ATT TV streaming service and they just picked up ACC network events recently. It seems like ACC Network is currently way overestimating their work. 

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

Not sure who all watched, but I really thought the ACC network put on a good broadcast. The two announcers knew their stuff, good break in the action interviewing Mekhi for the 184 match and letting him talk about various things. I was skeptical of how their first event would go, but I’d give the network an A so far in my book. 

Any idea who they had on the call?

Just now, Witherman said:

Any idea who they had on the call?

Yes it was Shawn Kenney and Rock Harrison. Those guys also call the ACC championships. They are both ex wrestlers. And one of them said they have reffed in the past as well.

1 minute ago, lost said:

That's an absolutely shocking result.  Anyone who watched have any color?  Was McFadden sick?

McFadden got the first takedown and then Monday reversed him and added 2 back points. It was 4-2. Then locked hands on Monday and it was 4-3. Then McFadden escaped so 4-4. After that Monday just broke loose. He put McFadden on his back for a takedown and 4 near fall a couple times. McFadden was trying to roll through a lot and you just can’t do it against Monday. He’s too wiry and can catch you on your back. The most impressive thing to me was in the 3rd period Monday cut McFadden and then got another takedown to win via tech. Context being Monday usually gasses in the 3rd and holds on for dear life if he has a lead. Not tonight. He was full throttle and his motor never stopped.

44 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

UNC has him scouted to perfection.

Based on matchups I can see the ACC doing another circle this year. Unc beats VT. VT beats NC State. NC State beats UNC. 

I think State may have taken a huge loss tonight though. Folks on their wrestling board are saying Reenans knee popped tonight in a dual with UVA. I won’t speculate beyond that, but if so they have a huge hole at 197 now. 

Edited by goheels1812

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

so i taped the dual... i thought... on acc network... but im now watching some bs HOF show about acc football... ???

I got home and turned the dual on at like 7:02 and it was just transitioning from the football show to the dual a couple minutes late. Hope you ended up being able to watch it. 

Hats off to UNC, they came to wrestle. In my 20 or so years of following VT wrestling, that was their worst, across the board performance. Monday looked outstanding. Not sure if DMF was sick but if he wasn’t Monday made him look like a 3rd stringer. 

8 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Based on matchups I can see the ACC doing another circle this year. Unc beats VT. VT beats NC State. NC State beats UNC. 

I think State may have taken a huge loss tonight though. Folks on their wrestling board are saying Reenans knee popped tonight in a dual with UVA. I won’t speculate beyond that, but if so they have a huge hole at 197 now. 

Yeah. To be fair, Reenan has looked terrible all year. He isn’t back in form and wasn’t going to score any NCAA points. 

Wish him the best. Hope he AAs next year

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Yeah. To be fair, Reenan has looked terrible all year. He isn’t back in form and wasn’t going to score any NCAA points. 

Wish him the best. Hope he AAs next year

Absolutely, that’s very true. I think he came back and was scared to hurt his knee again. I kept waiting for it to click for him, but it never did. Hope he can regain his form if he gets another year next season. 

States backup is Tyler Houghton, which to me is still a step down from a hobbled Reenan. Houghton doesn’t have much varsity action it doesn’t look like. In my mind I still would’ve considered Reenan to be a favorite over Whitman, but I’d consider Whitman to be a favorite over Houghton. That could be huge for the UNC-State dual as I’ve got that dual having 6 toss ups and only 2 big favorites per team. 

11 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Absolutely, that’s very true. I think he came back and was scared to hurt his knee again. I kept waiting for it to click for him, but it never did. Hope he can regain his form if he gets another year next season. 

States backup is Tyler Houghton, which to me is still a step down from a hobbled Reenan. Houghton doesn’t have much varsity action it doesn’t look like. In my mind I still would’ve considered Reenan to be a favorite over Whitman, but I’d consider Whitman to be a favorite over Houghton. That could be huge for the UNC-State dual as I’ve got that dual having 6 toss ups and only 2 big favorites per team. 

Oh for sure it will have an impact in duals and ACCs. I don’t think either scored points at NCAAs though. 

14 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Beat the brakes off of David McFadden. I can’t believe he is ranked 17th. 21-6.

You talking about Q, K the younger, or K the elder?  ;) They are all pretty talented.  :)