Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Monday

Right now my assessment of UNC is they are about as solid as you can be from 125-174. Melendez looks great now that he’s healthy. Hernandez is sort of hit and miss, but he’s solid as a starter. 

184-heavy needs some work. 184 is just down this year from injury. Losing Devin Kane for the year (he was R12 last year) was a huge loss. He would’ve gone 174 and Lautt 184 this year. Lautt has done a great job at 174 in Kane’s absence. But that’s created a huge hole at 184. At 197 Whitman has loads of potential. The weight cut from 220 in high school has been the biggest obstacle for him. But it’s getting better and he seems to be improving every match. At heavy, Gunning is really good at keeping matches close but he’s 8-8 on the year. All 8 of his losses are by 4 points or less (including Mason Paris). So maybe he’s close? Not sure there to be honest. He shows flashes of potential in matches. I wouldn’t expect him to win a huge match for the Heels, but I also know he can be relied on not to give up bonus points.