Perry

Iowa vs Penn State

Arguably the biggest and most telling dual of the year is now less than a week away. Iowa has looked unstoppable and penn state is a little dinged up but the match ups make the dual intriguing.

125 - lee is winning by tech here, he is just too good on top and unless you are one of the top talents it is pretty much impossible to keep it close

133 - desanto should be favored but an rby win wouldn't surprise me either, both looked good in their matches last night. 

141 - does Murin sit again? Either way lee is very likely to be the winner and possibly by bonus. 

149 - lugo favored but it will be low scoring and a verk win is a slim possibility.

157 - young by decision is the only way I see this playing out with pipher. Would be interesting if a healthy berge was here to go

165 - should be a great match. Marinelli owns the series but Joseph finishes higher when it matters. Not sure who to pick here.

174 - hall just looks better than kem and I imagine he wins by decision. Should be a good match,  though 

184 - battle of 2 solid freshman. Brooks did not look great last night but I do think he is better than Assad at 100%. Another one that can go either way.

197 - who knows? I think I'd take Warner over current shak but I don't have a ton of confidence. Will wilcke go again?

285 - slight lean to cass but nevills is good too. Another good match that can, once again, go either way.

I think iowa win at 125, 149, 157, 285 and one of 133 or 165. Iowa wins the dual by at least 6

Good stuff. Lots of very close matches. Very hard one to predict. 

Iowa is a heavy favorite in 1 match, and a favorite in an additional 5. 

PSU is a heavy favorite in 1, and a favorite in 1

2 are total toss ups 

Iowa should win, especially because bonus will be hard to come by for PSU and Iowa will get at least 5 points at 125. 

125:  Lee FALL

133:  Desanto DEC

141:  Lee MDEC

149:  Lugo DEC

157:  Young DEC

165:  Marinelli DEC

174:  Hall DEC

184:  Yeesh....Brooks DEC

197:  Warner DEC

HW:  Cassioppi DEC

24-10 Iowa

I didn't calculate the score until after I wrote the predictions.  It's hard to see PSU actually losing a dual meet 7-3.  Obviously a bunch of swing matches here with 197, 184, and 165 very close to straight toss ups, and 133 and 174 to a slightly lesser extent

6 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

The abacus has it 25-9 Iowa, although it will be re-calibrated on Monday...Iowa tech at 125, majors at 149 and 157. PSU victories at 141, 165, and 174.

Yeah. I’d say 184 is a super interesting one stylistically. Could go either way. 197 should go to Warner, but he is hot and cold. The current version of Shak though isn’t very good. 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

125:  Lee FALL

133:  Desanto DEC

141:  Lee MDEC

149:  Lugo DEC

157:  Young DEC

165:  Marinelli DEC

174:  Hall DEC

184:  Yeesh....Brooks DEC

197:  Warner DEC

HW:  Cassioppi DEC

24-10 Iowa

I didn't calculate the score until after I wrote the predictions.  It's hard to see PSU actually losing a dual meet 7-3.  Obviously a bunch of swing matches here with 197, 184, and 165 very close to straight toss ups, and 133 and 174 to a slightly lesser extent

This looks good. Snapple may be in for Murin which might mean a Nick Lee TF. I’m also wondering if Brands will put Cash in, esp if the dual is looking more or less buttoned up by then. It could be a good confidence-boosting, “prove yourself” opportunity for Wilcke against PSU in front of a home crowd. Lots of upside.

125 Lee tech fall. Iowa 5, PSU 0

133 DeSanto dec. Iowa 8, PSU 0

141 Lee dec. Iowa 8, PSU 3

149 Lugo dec. Iowa 11, PSU 3

157 Young dec. Iowa 14, PSU 3

165 Joseph dec. Iowa 14, PSU 6 

174 Hall dec. Iowa 14, PSU 9

184 Brooks dec. Iowa 14, PSU 12

197 Warner dec. Iowa 17, PSU 12

285 Cass dec. Iowa 20, PSU 12

Edited by de4856
Correction

125:  Lee TFall

133:  Desanto Dec

141:  Lee MDec

149:  Lugo Dec

157:  Young Dec

165:  Cenzo Dec (no one is beating Joseph if he continues wrestling like he has lately)

174:  Hall Dec

184:  Brooks Dec

197:  Warner MDec (I believe Shaq will not improve upon last evenings dismal performance. No longer the King Kradler he once was. - no AA this year - my prediction)

HW:  Cassioppi Dec

21-12 Iowa

I’m a PSU fan but it is what it is this season. Iowa is just too stacked and no one gets any closer from here on in.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

10 minutes ago, JohnnyWishbone said:

Should a 20 pt win. Iowa set up for for the most dominant year of wrestling at the ncaa’s in the softest year of wresting. Wake me up next year when the real wrestlers come back. 

Iowa would still win it this year.

20 hours ago, JohnnyWishbone said:

Should a 20 pt win. Iowa set up for for the most dominant year of wrestling at the ncaa’s in the softest year of wresting. Wake me up next year when the real wrestlers come back. 

Aren't they also considerable favorites next year? 

Lee tech 5-0 Iowa

Desanto dec 8-0

Lee major 8-4

Lugo dec 11-4

Young dec 14-4

Marinelli dec 17-4

Hall dec 17-7

Brooks dec 17-10

Rasheed dec 17-13

Cass dec 20-13

Even with Rasheed winning which probably isn’t likely at this point that’s still a 7 point loss for PSU.  Of course Joseph/Marinelli is a tossup but that still doesn’t give them the win unless they get more bonus somewhere else.    I really don’t see RBY winning but it’s not impossible.

125 Lee pin

133 Toss-up

141 Lee

149 Toss-up

157 Toss-up (if Berge goes, it goes to PSU)

165 Joseph

174 Hall

184 Brooks

197 Rasheed

285 Seth Nevills

Penn State wins this thing in CHA. Hail to Cael for getting his guys ready