Perry

Iowa vs Penn State

Just now, jchapman said:

Cradled and pinned.  Clear indication.  Indication does not mean it will happen for sure 100%, but a probable outcome.  Understood?

Nope. Not at all. Not even close.

The indication was that RBY was coached to go for that cradle. He may, or may not, have succeeded against a healthy Desanto. It was clear he was successful against a Desanto with a broken knee.

There was no clear indication, prior to the injury, that RBY's cradle was going to be particularly effective or not.

As I posted earlier, RBY looked tough and may well have won that match tonight via cradle. But post-injury performance isn't a clear indicator. Understood?

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

What does that question have to do with what I said? Your post basically supports my point. He is susceptible. Clearly Cael figures that out. Time to adjust or end up getting rolled up again. 

Im saying that the two matches arent really the same.

31 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

As to the Iowa fans denying serious bias in favor of them, any outside fan with no skin in the game could clearly tell that the stall calls and edge of mat calls by a landslide went in their favor, anyone that says otherwise is blinded by black and gold glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not an Iowa fan and have no bias for them (serious or other).

I thought Warner should have got a courtesy warning with about 15 seconds left.  I thought PSU's 149 got hit an extra time in the 3rd period on bottom in a match that was already over.

Aside from that I think guys got hit when they backed up, didn't attack, went straight off the mat, or dropped to an ankle.  I think Iowa guys are clearly coached to not do those things.  PSU guys are coached on wrestling moves and they have great gameplans and tactics, but when the PSU guys don't use those moves they stall.  They aren't coached in the same ways to make it look good.  Iowa guys are very good at not doing stalling things even when they aren't using wrestling moves.  

From a super simple perspective, one team sat with their butts in the middle of the center circle and the other team got hit for stalling more.  That's what should happen.  And it didn't happen more often then it should.  In 10 mostly close matches the officials didn't impact or even influence the outcome of a single match.  That's rare in our sport.  And yet I think 10% of the posts I read while watching the dual were complaints about officials in Carver.  It might be generally true but it wasn't close to true tonight.

23 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I truly hope Desanto isn’t injured because injuries suck. But if he’s not Brands has an interesting dilemma. Can he really just run Desanto out there next week like nothing ever happened and Desanto is 100%? If I were him I might hold Desanto out for a few matches regardless to get his head right. 

Brands is a notorious duck hunter. Desanto  will duck  up into big tens. They whooped PSU, rest of big tens is cake.

5 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Nope. Not at all. Not even close.

The indication was that RBY was coached to go for that cradle. He may, or may not, have succeeded against a healthy Desanto. It was clear he was successful against a Desanto with a broken knee.

There was no clear indication, prior to the injury, that RBY's cradle was going to be particularly effective or not.

As I posted earlier, RBY looked tough and may well have won that match tonight via cradle. But post-injury performance isn't a clear indicator. Understood?

Broken knee?  Stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

What does that question have to do with what I said? Your post basically supports my point. He is susceptible. Clearly Cael figures that out. Time to adjust or end up getting rolled up again. 

You are definitely one of the more astute posters on here.  But, you have to admit the “toe turn” caused basically immediate injury and led to a simple lock of the cradle.   Legal or not, it injured DeSanto and EVERYTHING that happened after should be measured with that obvious injury in mind. 

DeSanto May very well be susceptible, but I don’t know how you say for certain based on that injury.....

3 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Second cradle and injury or not, Desanto needs to adjust. Two of his top competitors got him with cradles and he is clearly susceptible to them after some of his shots. If he is not seriously injured, this may be a blessing and wake-up call in disguise. 

Desanto should rewatch the match, he can learn an easy way to lock up a cradle by torquing the knee. Seemed pretty effective. 

4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

You are definitely one of the more astute posters on here.  But, you have to admit the “toe turn” caused basically immediate injury and led to a simple lock of the cradle.   Legal or not, it injured DeSanto and EVERYTHING that happened after should be measured with that obvious injury in mind. 

DeSanto May very well be susceptible, but I don’t know how you say for certain based on that injury.....

I’m throwing out everything that happened after the first cradle. Whether or not RBY locked that cradle up, Desanto cannot sit there and even give him the opening. He is the most aggressive wrestler from neutral in the country and it’s not like he has a dozen different attacks. It’s basically the same two shots with slight variations. Guys like RBY and Gross, and certainly their coaches, will be looking for it. He does leave himself open at times when stuck on a shot, and he takes a LOT of shots. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Just now, jchapman said:

Which bones are broken?

It may not be a bone and is probably a ligament tear. In MOST cases the ligament tear is more severe and take much longer to recover from. But, if you want to live off the semantics of a “broken bone” to continue on , go for it....

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

I’m not the one that said he broke bones 

Come on. You are using that to deflect that YOU have basically said he FAKED injury twice and then jumped on a guy for what he decided the injury was. 

Simply put, your take is more embarrassing by far!

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

It may not be a bone and is probably a ligament tear. In MOST cases the ligament tear is more severe and take much longer to recover from. But, if you want to live off the semantics of a “broken bone” to continue on , go for it....

His immediate reaction when it was bent durinf the second cradle is more suggestive of a sprain than ligament tear. Or at least that’s what I hope it is. 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Which ligaments are torn?  The truth is, no one knows what the severity of the injury is at this time.  Why are you so mad at me?  I never said his bones are broken, I was calling out someone else who said it.  When no one knows, why are we saying broken knee, ligament tear, etc?

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

His immediate reaction when it was bent durinf the second cradle is more suggestive of a sprain than ligament tear. Or at least that’s what I hope it is. 

Trust me, I hope you are right and actually would love to have to eat crow and jchapman be right about him “faking”. However, I watched that toe turn sequence a TON and just don’t see him not being injured. 

Just now, MSU158 said:

Trust me, I hope you are right and actually would love to have to eat crow and jchapman be right about him “faking”. However, I watched that toe turn sequence a TON and just don’t see him not being injured. 

Now you are straight up telling lies

2 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Which ligaments are torn?  The truth is, no one knows what the severity of the injury is at this time.  Why are you so mad at me?  I never said his bones are broken, I was calling out someone else who said it.  When no one knows, why are we saying broken knee, ligament tear, etc?

You are deflecting really hard man.  He was injured bad enough to not finish the match.  Out of every reason to dislike DeSanto, do you really think quitting is one of them???