Perry

Iowa vs Penn State

How are PSU fans whining?  They got a 6 point injury default in a match they weren't favored in + a mysterious team point deduction for Iowa (which may have been justified but we have no idea since it was off camera and hasn't been explained).

Just now, lost said:

How are PSU fans whining?  They got a 6 point injury default in a match they weren't favored in + a mysterious team point deduction for Iowa (which may have been justified but we have no idea since it was off camera and hasn't been explained).

Hardly "mysterious."

Just now, iGranby said:

I could see Lugo not doing what he needs for his team herw. Not quite the bonus guy to begin with.

Agreed. This thing really is going to come down to the tossup matches and the bonuses and team deductions are definitely going to matter.

Just now, ionel said:

Hardly "mysterious."

How is it not mysterious?  The camera panned away and Iowa has one point less then they did before.  And the extent of the commentators explanation is "It looks like Iowa was deducted a team point"

Just now, Housebuye said:

You didn’t answer the question 

Yes I think its called fairly. Is the ref influenced by the crowd on stalling at times? Sure but same goes in rec hall and plenty of places in the country. You said it was cheating which implies that there is a plan to make Iowa win. Lets dive into that deeper. Why would a ref ever do that?

1 minute ago, lost said:

I’m equally a fan of both teams I think. Both are consistently podium contenders and I watch almost all of their duals every season. 

It doesn’t matter what the score is. The refs are making bad calls. Brands sending Desanto back out there was incredibly dumb and he should be ashamed of himself. Note I said that prior to desanto defaulting. We all knew he couldn’t wrestle after that, but Brands sent him back out anyways. This isn’t NCAAs. 

props to Desanto though. Dude is tough as hell. Hope he is back to 100% by NCAAs

Just now, lost said:

How is it not mysterious?  The camera panned away and Iowa has one point less then they did before.  And the extent of the commentators explanation is "It looks like Iowa was deducted a team point"

Brand bros violate mat control all the time, they get called on it once or twice every blue moon.  Go look outside.

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's called home advantage. It happens EVERYWHERE. Yes, probably more in Carver than most. But I see it at PSU, OkSt, tOSU, and pretty much everywhere else. Especially where the fans are rabid.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just part of sports.

An Iowa fan called it a conspiracy, not anyone else. 

it is way worse in Carver. 

9 hours ago, stp said:

125: Spencer lee wins by tech  Iowa 5-0
133:  Desanto vs RBY: RBY by pin  PSU 5-6 (my upset guess)
141: Nick Lee vs Max Murin: Lee by dec PSU 5-9
149: Verkleeren vs Lugo: Lugo by dec PSU 8-9
157: Kaleb Young vs Pipher: Young by major Iowa 12-9 
165: Marinelli vs Joseph: Joseph by decision tied 12-12
174: Hall vs Kemerer: Hall by major PSU 16-12
184: Brooks vs Assad: Brooks  by decision PSU 19-12
197: Rasheed by major PSU 23-12
Heavyweight: Nevills vs Cassioppi: Cassoppi by decision PSU 23-15

PSU 23-15

Almost got the RBY by pin, nice call!

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Yes I think its called fairly. Is the ref influenced by the crowd on stalling at times? Sure but same goes in rec hall and plenty of places in the country. You said it was cheating which implies that there is a plan to make Iowa win. Lets dive into that deeper. Why would a ref ever do that?

Oh ok. This is the stance you are choosing to take. Cool. 

Couple things - Carver seems to think that mat returns and Stall calls will motivate Lugo to go get Bonus here. Cant see that happening. Looks happy to get a 3 - 6 point win vs an unranked backup. 

Who got Iowa a team point deduction? Brands was on screen and didnt seem to do/say anything wrong. If it was Telford, and it costs them the dual I will be so happy. Idk why, but I dislike that dude so much. 

Edited by iGranby