Sign in to follow this  
goheels1812

OSU vs UNI

UNI has been really good tonight. Anyone see that Joe Smith performance? YIKES. I wasn’t expecting him to beat Steiert, but didn’t think he’d get majored either. I honestly think he doesn’t care about wrestling and is just finishing his career to appease his pops.

That Jay Schwarm is kind of a one-trick pony, but man is he good at it.  He's reminiscent of "The Snapper" from a few years back.  He has to be leading the nation in pins or close to it.

And now Back to UNI.  

Long time fan here.  Schwab is doing a fantastic job with those guys.  

After SDSU dual there has been a change of attitude.  Tougher, stronger, scoring and leading matches.

I would also like to say Schwab has these guys on the right track.  They are gentlemen and scholars off the mat.  Each wrestler takes a few seconds of their time to shake hands and introduce themselves.  Take an interest in anybody that comes by.  

Sitting with Drew Foster in practice a month or so ago was a great experience.  Talked about the guys, technique and how wild it is to wrestle Lujan. 

Saw Steiert get get in a great double then in the next instant Lujan was sitting on his shoulders

Anyone know what is going on with Jake Holschlag?  I think he wrestled and lost to a relative nobody since his early season injury and has not been seen since.  He could really help that line up!

Edited by JerryCallo
add info

I know the Pokes aren't a great team this season, but this was a huge win for UNI. They are the favorites to win the Big 12 and this has to be good seeding criteria at several weights.  Maybe I overestimate our importance in the world, but I think UNI beating OSU like they did is probably the biggest thing a non OSU team has done in few years.  

12 minutes ago, Peso said:

I know the Pokes aren't a great team this season, but this was a huge win for UNI. They are the favorites to win the Big 12 and this has to be good seeding criteria at several weights.  Maybe I overestimate our importance in the world, but I think UNI beating OSU like they did is probably the biggest thing a non OSU team has done in few years.  

UNI is favored over OSU at Big 12s?  They have a good team, can't see them being favored. 

Edited by TobusRex