jerseywrestling

Ohio State vs Minnesota Sunday, January 18, 2020 on BTN

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

It's a cool story but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  He was an OH state runner-up, had 41 wins (30 outside of a redshirt year) prior to this season, and I believe had already beaten Singletary in a wrestleoff last year.

As I believe someone else mentioned, he held Hillger and Hall to decisions against him, so it's not like a tech or pin should have really been expected from Gable IMO, especially considering how bad Traub was stalling (as he should have been).

You do realize that getting ahead of one's self is absolutely normal and expected on these forums?!  It's what we do, and do well!  Lol...

13 hours ago, IronChef said:

People are getting down on Gable because you need your best wrestler to push for as many bonus points as possible in a dual that was still in doubt when the match started. He just kind of hung out after he got a lead. If he wanted a tech fall, he would have gotten it. He didn't want it.

He was clearly not going to chase Traub who was content to not wrestle. When Traub engaged, Gable got anTD. Traub is also ranked and has beaten Singletary btw(to treep). He’s not the reason they lost the dual and he’s not the only Gopher who looked tired late. I think it’s safe to assume they’re not exactly at their peak right now.

9 hours ago, simple said:

He was clearly not going to chase Traub who was content to not wrestle. When Traub engaged, Gable got anTD. Traub is also ranked and has beaten Singletary btw(to treep). He’s not the reason they lost the dual and he’s not the only Gopher who looked tired late. I think it’s safe to assume they’re not exactly at their peak right now.

I don't think Minnesota wrestled bad at all.  The difference IMO was Skatzka and Lee both losing in the last 30 seconds to guys they had already beaten earlier in the year.   Flip those matches and Minnesota wins 19-16.