5 minutes ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Not intending to minimize the tragedy, but if you live in Newport Beach, why start a basketball school 70 miles away that would necessitate riding a helicopter to avoid two hours of traffic? 

From what I read, he owned and flew in his helicopter all over. During his career he flew into LA for practice daily. I think it was so common for him it was like one of us owning a car. 

30 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

Why o why is this on here?

Bc he’s a guy that has an impact on people and athletes all over the world, if you don’t think there are tons of wrestlers (and football, baseball, soccer, etc) that apply the “mamba mentality” and have been inspired by his non stop work ethic it would be foolish. He was one of the fiercest competitors ever ,regardless of sport, why do you have an issue with his tragic accident being acknowledged here?

Edited by Antitroll2828

Let's get a little bit serious - well over 100,000 people die every day. Most, by far, without public fanfare.

It's good that some may want to post best wishes on the internet for a an athlete that has passed. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But it may be one step too far to try to force others to care about your personal convictions.

I care far more about the lady who lives down my street and is struggling to survive right now than I do about any multi-millionaire athlete.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Let's get a little bit serious - well over 100,000 people die every day. Most, by far, without public fanfare.

It's good that some may want to post best wishes on the internet for a an athlete that has passed. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But it may be one step too far to try to force others to care about your personal convictions.

I care far more about the lady who lives down my street and is struggling to survive right now than I do about any multi-millionaire athlete.

No one is trying to force their convictions on others. It was wit whiz who took issue with the post and chose to respond in a negative way. No one is forcing anyone to view this topic. If he or anyone else has a problem with a post of this nature dont even respond. It's an azzwhole move to do so, plain and simple. 

RIP to everyone on board the flight.

Edited by BTC

Not being forced to agree but it's an "azzwhole move" to disagree.  Ooooookay.

Such a wonderful person you are for expressing your condolences with respect to Kobe Bryant on a wrestling forum.  But if you're such a wonderful person, why publicly call someone an "azzwhole" just because he thinks it an inappropriate topic for the forum?

Edited by witwhiz

23 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

Such a wonderful person you are for expressing your condolences with respect to Kobe Bryant on a wrestling forum.  But if you're such a wonderful person, why publicly call someone an "azzwhole" just because he thinks it an inappropriate topic for the forum?

If this is your defense, then please go comment on all of the other inappropriate topics littered throughout the forum. It’s not hard to recognize the man for his athletic achievements and competitive spirit. Regardless, of what you think of him personally, his drive to succeed we unquestionable, and there’s nothing inappropriate about a simple tribute to the man. 

51 minutes ago, nyum said:

If this is your defense, then please go comment on all of the other inappropriate topics littered throughout the forum. It’s not hard to recognize the man for his athletic achievements and competitive spirit. Regardless, of what you think of him personally, his drive to succeed we unquestionable, and there’s nothing inappropriate about a simple tribute to the man. 

My defense?  Jeez, I didn't realize I'm on trial.  What's the maximum term I'm subject to?  

26 minutes ago, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

Schultz knew he was living with a mentally unstable person.  Bryant was just doing what he’d done for 20 years.

You mean Bryant flew, in fog so dense that the LA Police grounded their helicopters, for 20 years?

2 hours ago, witwhiz said:

Why respond? If I posted my relative died, would you also say wrong forum? Or just ignore me? 

RIP legend

Everyone one knew this man, so it gives us an opportunity to see how all of us react to the death of another human being. Mass media predictably gves its audience what it wants; they are in the $ business. Social media exposes how folks react at a granual level. My conclusion: the anonymity of the internet bred callousness; then, we became so callous that we didn't care  about remaining anonymous; so, we post callous sh*t under our own name.

It should be noted that callousness can be dressed up as "thoughts and prayers." Offering condolences to whomever for the death of a man that you only knew as an idea is just as callous as calling him a rapist moments after he, his daughter, and the "less note-worthy" died in one of the most horrific ways imaginable.

Edited by jackwebster

For some of us, this might be one of the only forums we share our thoughts on. In the words of Kentucky Muflap, you guys are like a reel family to me.

This is what I was going to say. There’s all kinds of forums and spaces for people to post their thoughts and opinions. If this is the forum someone is most comfortable with using and they want to share their thoughts on the passing of one of the world’s most famous athletes then I don’t see a problem with it. If you don’t like it, don’t click on it and move on to some post about how someone’s streaming service failed for ten seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk