Class of 1970

Wyatt Sheets, OK State

Does anyone really think Wyatt Sheets belongs in the Cowboy lineup next season? His skill level always seems below that of any really good wrestler he comes up against. I think he would flourish at a D-ll school. Not Cowboy material. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, Class of 1970 said:

Does anyone really think Wyatt Sheets belongs in the Cowboy lineup next season? His skill level always seems below that of any really good wrestler he comes up against. I think he would flourish at a D-ll school. Not Cowboy material. 

Great thread. 

On 1/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, Class of 1970 said:

This feels like bait... for what reason, I have no idea.  

He's a ranked starter on a top 10 team.  D-II?  I'll just leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Curious who is "yourselves?"

pronoun: " yourselves"
Used to refer to the person being addressed as the object of a verb or preposition when they are also the subject of the clause.

That's all I've got ionel. I'm afraid it's not gonna get any better and I had to "Google" that...

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:
pronoun: " yourselves"
Used to refer to the person being addressed as the object of a verb or preposition when they are also the subject of the clause.

That's all I've got ionel. I'm afraid it's not gonna get any better and I had to "Google" that...

Ok then, so pretty much what folks were already doing here, so continue on ...

;)

I think it's a pretty crappy topic and thread.  Nearly every lineup has holes, or will have holes.  Iowa is this year's exception. 

PSU - Does Meredith belong?  What about Verk?  Pipher?  Shak/Conel/Beard combo?

tOSU - Does Malik belong?  Cleary/Kinner?  

This question can be asked of all teams except Iowa.  

9 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I think it's a pretty crappy topic and thread.  Nearly every lineup has holes, or will have holes.  Iowa is this year's exception. 

PSU - Does Meredith belong?  What about Verk?  Pipher?  Shak/Conel/Beard combo?

tOSU - Does Malik belong?  Cleary/Kinner?  

This question can be asked of all teams except Iowa.  

The people you listed aren’t comparable to sheets, conel and Shak are AAs, Beard a blue chip recruit true freshman, verk is a world champ, Kinner has been successful at 133 and 157 ,Malik was atleast a NQ with world level success 

sheets was a non ncaa qualifier whose best career win was taleb ramani coming into this season...it’s not until recently he’s really stepped up his game 

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I learnt from the best we have here.

verb
past tense: learnt; past participle: learnt
    gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught.
    "they'd started learning French"

ARCHAICINFORMAL

teach (someone).
"“That'll learn you,” he chuckled"

well done sir!  :)

27 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The people you listed aren’t comparable to sheets, conel and Shak are AAs, Beard a blue chip recruit true freshman, verk is a world champ, Kinner has been successful at 133 and 157 ,Malik was atleast a NQ with world level success 

sheets was a non ncaa qualifier whose best career win was taleb ramani coming into this season...it’s not until recently he’s really stepped up his game 

Why did you leave out Meredith, Pipher and Cleary?  That list clearly has a wide range of talent levels.

Having holes in the lineup applies to all teams except Iowa.

I think that OK State U. having the rich tradition of winning and also having one of the best amateur wrestlers of all time as coach, should never have a lineup with as many holes as they have this year. I realize that injuries, Olympic redshirt, and a de- commitment from a very talented heavyweight all contribute to this year's porous lineup. Iowa having a team with no holes in the lineup is a rare situation for any team. I think holes mainly come from the modern era limitation of scholarship money. This has created greater parity. 

He beat Parker Kropman who has beaten Kolodzik.   Therefore, I think he will be a title contender next year.

In all seriousness, he’s beaten several NQ’s so he certainly seems capable of scoring a couple points at NCAA’s.

15 minutes ago, Class of 1970 said:

I think that OK State U. having the rich tradition of winning and also having one of the best amateur wrestlers of all time as coach, should never have a lineup with as many holes as they have this year. I realize that injuries, Olympic redshirt, and a de- commitment from a very talented heavyweight all contribute to this year's porous lineup. Iowa having a team with no holes in the lineup is a rare situation for any team. I think holes mainly come from the modern era limitation of scholarship money. This has created greater parity. 

I'd say they only have one real "hole" at 285.  They now have two Sr with Joe in but a fairly young lineup with something like 3 Fr, 2 So and 4 guys first yr starters.

40 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

How good does a kid have to be? Is this the cost of being Mike Sheets son? How long till we are bashing edmond ruth?

I don't know who Mike Sheets is and had forgotten about Ruth, don't even know where he goes to school, so maybe?

1 hour ago, Class of 1970 said:

It's not really necessarily to clarify "best AMATEUR wrestlers of all time", because there is no true "Professional" wrestling.