Jump to content
Marcus Cisero

Fascinating Interview with Austin DeSanto after His Win over Jordan Decatur

Recommended Posts

Listen to this interview with Austin DeSanto after scoring 12 take-downs in a 27-12 win over Ohio State's Jordan Decatur.

Reporter “What was the difference between this week and last?”

 AD “This week I’m more focused, leaner, meaner hungry like a wolf.”

Austin DeSanto’s growth is clearly evident and those of us from Central PA are quite proud of him!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Listen to this interview with Austin DeSanto after scoring 12 take-downs in a 27-12 win over Ohio State's Jordan Decatur.

Reporter “What was the difference between this week and last?”

 AD “This week I’m more focused, leaner, meaner hungry like a wolf.”

Austin DeSanto’s growth is clearly evident and those of us from Central PA are quite proud of him!

 

 

C'mon, you mean south, central PA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Boompa said:

You thought Mifflin Co was.

That is a total misrepresentation. I think I remember the thread where you went off when I listed a bunch of NCAA wrestlers from the "Pittsburgh area" and included Hayden Hidlay because he occasionally went over to young guns. Go find that thread and link it for context. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, because Exeter is in Pittsburgh. 

Exeter is just east of Reading, Pennsylvania, tucked nicely between Routes 562 and Business 422. Not 45 minutes from where I grew up. 

DeSanto made a great choice when he transferred to Iowa. I'm glad things worked out for him, for I must be honest and say that when he tried to take Micic's arm off in the big dance I initially wrote him off as a punk who I could never respect. I jumped the gun, and the young man has made some serious transitions. I would like to point out that this transition also speaks loudly of the program run by Tom and Terry Brands at Iowa. Props to them, as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 1:01 AM, pa in taiwan said:

Exeter is just east of Reading, Pennsylvania, tucked nicely between Routes 562 and Business 422. Not 45 minutes from where I grew up. 

DeSanto made a great choice when he transferred to Iowa. I'm glad things worked out for him, for I must be honest and say that when he tried to take Micic's arm off in the big dance I initially wrote him off as a punk who I could never respect. I jumped the gun, and the young man has made some serious transitions. I would like to point out that this transition also speaks loudly of the program run by Tom and Terry Brands at Iowa. Props to them, as well. 

I know where the Exeter, PA that Desanto grew up in is. That one is in Berks County. There is another Exeter PA just outside of the city of Wilkes Barre. The one where Austin grew up in is in Berks County and there is another road you did not name, 724, that connects that town to the small town of Birdsboro where a current prominent Penn State wrestler grew up. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

South centra lPA?  How many Exeters are there in PA? 

I don't know if there are more than the two that I mentioned. The one where Desanto grew up is not far from the City of Reading, PA, about midway between Philadelphia and Harrisburg. You could call is SEPA, Southeastern, PA, or South Central, PA. Technically it is east of the geographic center of PA and definitely south of the geographic center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that this thread has become a Geography class I would like to add that as a true Central Pennsylvanian (Centre County). Dauphin County maybe on the eastern most edge of central but it is really more southern. Berks, Lancaster,  is certainly not central PA.

Those Dauphin and Lancaster folks don't have a home so they try to appropriate ours in central PA.

 

Edited by JeanGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

It was a good interview but what was fascinating about it?  I am a big DeSanto fan.

I've been the biggest Desanto hater since his Drexel days (The Flo Hype train and the fact that I saw he only had 1 move bothered me, not to mention the tude)
However, dude has stopped all the extras and is just a hard-nosed dude now... all the respect in the world from me.
That Said:  you're 100% spot on... 0 things were fascinating about this. The title should have said

"Interview with Austin DeSanto after His Win over Jordan Decatur"
or

"Deadly Interview with Austin DeSanto after His Win over Jordan Decatur"
(equally as accurate)


 

Edited by spladle08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I know where the Exeter, PA that Desanto grew up in is. That one and the Exeter outside of Wilkes Barre. The one where Austin grew up in is in Berks County and there is another road you did not name, 724, that connects that town to the small town of Birdsboro where a current prominent Penn State wrestler grew up. 

Hey...anyone can go on Google maps!  Keep trying Bob Costas.

Edited by Boompa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boompa said:

Hey...anyone can go on Google maps!  Keep trying Bob Costas.

You know you have problems when your strategy is reduced to geographically calling out someone who is not even involved in a thread while at the same time wrongly correcting someone else on geography. 

You can now predictably respond in the way you typically do, although I doubt it will cure what ails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alwayswrestling said:

It was a good interview but what was fascinating about it?  I am a big DeSanto fan.

fas·ci·nat·ing

 /ˈfasəˌnādiNG/

Learn to pronounce

 Adjective

 1.      extremely interesting.

 "fascinating facts"

I started the thread and stand by my decision to include “fascinating,” because I found his response to questions, confidence, poise (when compared to other interviews I've seen in the past) extremely interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I know where the Exeter, PA that Desanto grew up in is. That one and the Exeter outside of Wilkes Barre. The one where Austin grew up in is in Berks County and there is another road you did not name, 724, that connects that town to the small town of Birdsboro where a current prominent Penn State wrestler grew up. 

Exeter PA is about one and half hours north of a place we like to hike and bird watch (Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - Kempton PA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Exeter PA is about one and half hours north of a place we like to hike and bird watch (Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - Kempton PA)

Hawk Mtn sucks for hiking. Just my honest opinion. The rock fields are scree, meaning smaller rocks that move when you place weight on them.

The far better hike in that area, just 5 miles from Hawk Mtn., is the Pinnacle and Pulpit trail which also give you big hawks. If you do the loop trail you can easily get 9 miles and 2500 total feet of elevation and you get two outstanding viewpoints. 

Finally, the Exeter, PA that is north of hawk mtn is the one near Wilkes Barre as opposed to the one in Berks Cty. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...