Marcus Cisero

Fascinating Interview with Austin DeSanto after His Win over Jordan Decatur

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Hawk Mtn sucks for hiking. Just my honest opinion. The rock fields are screed, meaning smaller rocks that move when you place weight on them.

The far better hike in that area, just 5 miles from Hawk Mtn., is the Pinnacle and Pulpit trail which also give you big hawks. If you do the loop trail you can easily get 9 miles and 2500 total feet of elevation and you get two outstanding viewpoints. 

Finally, the Exeter, PA that is north of hawk mtn is the one near Wilkes Barre as opposed to the one in Berks Cty. 

Hawk Mtn sucks for hiking? Tell that to the few seniors we work without mobility issues who look forward to the annual hawk migration at Hawk Mountain and at Waggoner’s Gap. For them, it is a “hike.” They also look forward to the easy hike at Middlecreek in February to see the migrating Snow Geese.

Now for a real hike, the family and I head to Zion National Park, Utah to venture onto Observation Point and Angels Landing. The only thing that sucks during these hikes is the amount of air sucked from your lungs as we make to the top.

Hawk Mtn sucks for hiking? Tell that to the few seniors we work without mobility issues who look forward to the annual hawk migration at Hawk Mountain and at Waggoner’s Gap. For them, it is a “hike.” They also look forward to the easy hike at Middlecreek in February to see the migrating Snow Geese.

Now for a real hike, the family and I head to Zion National Park, Utah to venture onto Observation Point and Angels Landing. The only thing that sucks during these hikes is the amount of air sucked from your lungs as we make to the top.

Just go to Rickets Glen if you want a great hike. Much better than Hawk Mountain, lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cjc007 said:

Just go to Rickets Glen if you want a great hike. Much better than Hawk Mountain, lol.

Been there numerous times - even have a few blow-up shots on the walls in my home office.

PA offers some of the BEST outdoor destinations in the country. Appalachian Trail literally bisects the town in which I live.

18 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I don't know the Middlecreek hike, but I do know Hawk Mountain and I have hiked Angel's Landing at Zion and many other fantastic hikes out west. Far too many to name and I hope to experience many  more in the future. My wife and I are planning some great hikes in and around the Maroon Bells (Aspen) this summer and one big day hike near Leadville, CO as well. I will probably need Diamox for that hike as we will go over 14K on that one. Sorry you don't like my opinion of Hawk Mtn. relative to the nearby Pinnacle and Pulpit Trail. Just not a fan of the scree. 

16 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Just go to Rickets Glen is you want a great hike. Much better than Hawk Mountain, lol.

Ricketts Glen is awesome. Love the waterfalls. Hiked it and also several hikes in nearby Sullivan County numerous times. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Been there numerous times - even have a few blow-up shots on the walls in my home office.

PA offers some of the BEST outdoor destinations in the country. Appalachian Trail literally bisects the town in which I live.

The AT is also part of the Pinnacle and Pulpit Trail. 

8 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

cool Tbar - you're a hiker to!

Love hiking. I don't do anything requiring ropes, but I'll walk up anything so long as I am not feeling altitude sickness. I have one mountain I want to hit this summer that isn't difficult from a hiking perspective, but its high. Not worried about my legs or my lungs, but altitude is nothing to joke about and I will be prepared with good diet, hydration, ibuprofin and diamox. Neither my wife or I have ever had to use my Personal Locator Beacon as last resort, but Iwe will have it in my pack. 

Edited by TBar1977

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Love hiking. I don't do anything requiring ropes, but I'll walk up anything so long as I am not feeling altitude sickness. I have one mountain I want to hit this summer that isn't difficult from a hiking perspective, but its high. Not worried about my legs or my lungs, but altitude is nothing to joke about and I will be prepared with good diet, hydration, ibuprofin and diamox. Neither my wife or I have ever had to use my Personal Locator Beacon as last resort, but Iwe will have it in my pack. 

Which 14er is your plans?

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Since you've been to Zion, have to ever tried Angels Landing  with the really sharp switchbacks?  There's only a few ropes at the edge of the mountain that you must cling onto right before you get to the 3-4' center point. The 3-4' center point has a 1000+ foot drop off on either side and people have actually fell to their deaths at this point (no ropes or anything to hang onto. I did this several times. Not for the faint of heart. 

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Have you trekked the Loyalsock Trail?

32 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Since you've been to Zion, have to ever tried Angels Landing  with the really sharp switchbacks?  There's only a few ropes at the edge of the mountain that you must cling onto right before you get to the 3-4' center point. The 3-4' center point has a 1000+ foot drop off on either side and people have actually fell to their deaths at this point (no ropes or anything to hang onto. I did this several times. Not for the faint of heart. 

I did not do that aspect of the trail. 

I used to do crazy stuff like that, but I can't do that any more. Tuckerman's Ravine at Mt. Washington is about as far as I will go on the "scale of crazy" these days. We were up in North Conway for 4 days last July but only one day lent itself to doing Mt. Washington, but even then the weather didn't permit Tuckerman's so we did the relatively easier Jewel Trail that day. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 1/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, TBar1977 said:

That is a total misrepresentation. I think I remember the thread where you went off when I listed a bunch of NCAA wrestlers from the "Pittsburgh area" and included Hayden Hidlay because he occasionally went over to young guns. Go find that thread and link it for context. 

Occasionally is the key word here, meaning hardly.  He was 95% Legend at Bucknell (you know....east of State College to save some Google maps time) and his former club coach is the Director of Operations at NC State now.

Which you don't know.  The same club coach/director of operations now was Ken Chertow's right hand man for years before.  You do know Ken wrestled for PSU right?  Is Ken's house still for sale?  Do you know Taylor actually looked at it because it has a built in 2 level training facility?  It's in Boalsburg which is just east of State College to save you some more Google maps time.

21 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Occasionally is the key word here, meaning hardly.  He was 95% Legend at Bucknell (you know....east of State College to save some Google maps time) and his former club coach is the Director of Operations at NC State now.

Which you don't know.  The same club coach/director of operations now was Ken Chertow's right hand man for years before.  You do know Ken wrestled for PSU right?  Is Ken's house still for sale?  Do you know Taylor actually looked at it because it has a built in 2 level training facility?  It's in Boalsburg which is just east of State College to save you some more Google maps time.

What in the world does any of that have to do with your specious claim that I don't know where Mifflin County or Exeter in Berks County are? You are just another joker in the internet who likes to pick fights for no good reason. You started that other **** a year or so ago, and you started this **** this week. You are a **** stirrer, clear and simple. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

What in the world does any of that have to do with your specious claim that I don't know where Mifflin County or Exeter in Berks County are? You are just another joker in the internet who likes to pick fights for no good reason. You started that other **** a year or so ago, and you started this **** this week. You are a **** stirrer, clear and simple. 

Burn....    

I've seen guys like you before.  You are neither alumni nor a fan... 

You are a bandwagon fan and you're actual lack of knowledge of PA wrestling proves that.

If you can't research all answers on the internet, you are stumped.

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Wait, you have a wife?

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

You know a famous world leader mentioned something about building a wall between New Mexico and the USA....

And another one ran for President "in all 57 ststes".

Now one of them can't remember the difference between Iowa and Ohio.