Sign in to follow this  
Blue Dragons

Chael Sonnen on the Matteo Pellicone

I watched it, and love that he speaks out for the sport and gives it exposure, but it seemed pretty clear he doesn't really "keep up" with it.
From the not knowing the current weights, to not knowing the names. and what not, despite having it sitting right there in front oh him.

@Lurker I mean he is a good arguer, so it sounds like it makes sense, but lots of u23 champs get handled. But in Bo's case he did destroy Tsakulov, who is a legit Senior level wrestler, so yeah he is a "World Champion" but whether it's Military, Cadet, or Junior.... blah blah blah... it 100% matters when we are talking about senior level tournaments.

Ok I'm done

And also who are these "people" that aren't giving him credit for it?
He created a mythical argument what ended up in, "if you have any world championship no matter the level, you are one of the best wrestlers in the world"

*sorry just re-watched to hear Cheal be Cheal

12 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I watched it, and love that he speaks out for the sport and gives it exposure, but it seemed pretty clear he doesn't really "keep up" with it.
From the not knowing the current weights, to not knowing the names. and what not, despite having it sitting right there in front oh him.

i love me some uncle chael, but, this 100%...

to be fair, i do see him at the open occasionally, and i know he does pay attention... but, he oversells it a bit... he is like most "fans" whose opinion of their knowledge far exceeds their actual knowledge...