The_MO_Godfather

Hell of a lineup...

Addition of Schmitt to Mizzou produces a heck of a lineup in 2020/2021.

125: Noah Surtin: Possible AA

133: Matt Schmitt: 5-8

141: Granth Leeth: 3-6

149: Brock Mauller: 1-4

157: Jarrett Jaques: 3-6

165: Luke Fortuna/Peyton Mocco

174: Jeremiah Kent

184: Canten Marriott

197: Wyatt Koelling/Jake Raschka

285: Zach Elam: 5-8

We're looking at 5, maybe 6 AA's.  Too bad Eierman didn't stick around to make it 6-7....

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

Well I am a big Mizzou fan but I just can not stretch my imagination to this extreme.

Noah Surtin is certainly very unproven at this point.

Schmitt round of 12 maybe.

Leeth so sucked down at 141 he can not get off bottom against average guys this year

probably not going to be in lineup at this weight. Look for Hart to be at 141.

Mauller can not initiate any offence of his own and the opposition is very aware. 5 to 8

Jacques possible round of 12.

Elam yes 5 to 8

I think you missed on Jeremiah Kent. I believe he is our most talented wrestler and 20-21

could be very very good for him.

Mizzou will also have a couple of very talented freshman who will be hard to keep out of the lineup.

Will Connor Brown be able to contribute?   141 maybe?

Regarding O'Tool, where can he squeeze into the line-up?  That part of the team is pretty solid. 

Edited by gallison

17 hours ago, mlbruem said:

Well I am a big Mizzou fan but I just can not stretch my imagination to this extreme.

Noah Surtin is certainly very unproven at this point.

Schmitt round of 12 maybe.

Leeth so sucked down at 141 he can not get off bottom against average guys this year

probably not going to be in lineup at this weight. Look for Hart to be at 141.

Mauller can not initiate any offence of his own and the opposition is very aware. 5 to 8

Jacques possible round of 12.

Elam yes 5 to 8

I think you missed on Jeremiah Kent. I believe he is our most talented wrestler and 20-21

could be very very good for him.

Mizzou will also have a couple of very talented freshman who will be hard to keep out of the lineup.

Man I love Kent and he has flashed some great things, but he has also lost to some mediocre guys.  Unfortunately I haven't been to any matches this year, so haven't seen anything but results.  What do you think will push him to that next level?

Which freshmen do you think will make an immediate impact?

8 minutes ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Man I love Kent and he has flashed some great things, but he has also lost to some mediocre guys.  Unfortunately I haven't been to any matches this year, so haven't seen anything but results.  What do you think will push him to that next level?

Which freshmen do you think will make an immediate impact?

Regarding Kent I feel is athleticism is superior and he is also a very physical wrestler. The year of experience  will serve him well with the coaches

getting him past the mistakes he makes this year. Add knowledge to energy, physicality, and superior athleticism and the sky is the limit.

The freshman that I think have a shot at the lineup are O'toole and Rocky Elam.

Surtin has lost to multiple non D1 wrestlers this season. He’s wrestled one AA caliber guy (Pat Glory) and was down 14-0 at the end of the 1st period. Probably a little aggressive to say he’s a potential AA next season. I think Surtin has podium potential down the road...but further down the road than next season.

P4P I think Elam’s the best wrestler on next year’s team. It’s a shame heavyweight is going to b so damn deep next year otherwise I’d say the 5-8 projection is selling him short.