Jimmy Cinnabon

Desanto vs RBY 2019 - will it be closer?

Desanto has jumped levels this year and looks to be a legit title contender.  RBY looks to be about the same.  Hasn't lost yet but went to 2OT to beat Alvarez.  My prediction is Desanto by major.  His pace is just too much and RBY hasn't figured out how to defend the fireman's.

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

HR is already calling out RBY for stalling this coming Friday. The beauty of the internetz. 

Are you referring to his aggressive, super offensive, arm behind his back attack stance?

7 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Are you referring to his aggressive, super offensive, arm behind his back attack stance?

That was an embarrassment to coaching, wrestling, and officiating.  Should have been DQed,  There are no offensive moves with one hand behind your back, hence the young man was avoiding wrestling.

19 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

That was an embarrassment to coaching, wrestling, and officiating.  Should have been DQed,  There are no offensive moves with one hand behind your back, hence the young man was avoiding wrestling.

Was brilliant coaching strategy. Why give your opponent control of your arms?

I don't think I buy that Desanto has jumped levels. Yeah he beat Gross, but he also lost to him, it's kind of the same story every year - he beats really good guys (Micic, Suriano) then loses to them later in the season. His bonus % is also really high right now but I feel like it's going to drop like it usually does the second half of the season. If we see the RBY that just majored Ridge Lovett, Desanto could be in trouble.

40 minutes ago, Perry said:

if you can't score an offensive point on a one armed wrestler you don't deserve to win quite frankly

Does that apply to a one legged guy as well?  Robles would vehemently disagree with you. 

Just now, Mokoma said:

Why would my opinion on Nickal change?  Both he and Snyder got trounced by the same guy.  It's not like Nickal got beat up and then Snyder lost a close match.  

I was just trying to find a pattern. To me picking RBY over DeSanto is almost as bad as picking  Nickal over Snyder. 

14 minutes ago, mg113 said:

I don't think I buy that Desanto has jumped levels. Yeah he beat Gross, but he also lost to him, it's kind of the same story every year - he beats really good guys (Micic, Suriano) then loses to them later in the season. His bonus % is also really high right now but I feel like it's going to drop like it usually does the second half of the season. If we see the RBY that just majored Ridge Lovett, Desanto could be in trouble.

I'd agree, dont see a level jump.  

The meet is in CHA so stalling will be a factor, not real stalling but the kind called against any not wearing black in CHA.  You can count on it.

28 minutes ago, mg113 said:

It was a one score match until RBY hit a 6 point move basically as time ran out. He didn't look outstanding in that match. Not to say he looked bad, but he didn't look outstanding. 

48 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Was brilliant coaching strategy. Why give your opponent control of your arms?

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'd agree, dont see a level jump.  

The meet is in CHA so stalling will be a factor, not real stalling but the kind called against any not wearing black in CHA.  You can count on it.

Real stalling--- like putting your arm behind your back and not attacking.  Good coaching would be to show how to handfight and avoid a firemans.  They only had all season to do that.  But no--- let us avoid wrestling.

I don’t have as much of a problem with pulling the arm back as some of my hawkeye faithful. It’s a match tactic, similar to switching lead leg or some tactics used on bottom against a tough top wrestler. There have been several matches against desanto where the arm has been pulled back I just think RBY does it wayyy more obvious than others. 

28 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I was just trying to find a pattern. To me picking RBY over DeSanto is almost as bad as picking  Nickal over Snyder. 

I understand why you think Nickal winning the Olympic spot is a bold prediction.  I don't see the RBY over DeSanto being that bold of a pick.  Did you watch the match at NCAA's last year?  RBY was down one with a minute to go and nearly secured a takedown as they crashed into the table.  He can win this match.