Jimmy Cinnabon

Desanto vs RBY 2019 - will it be closer?

15 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Then throw them out.  You wouldn't have even mentioned them, let alone keep them, if you didn't like the ego boost they gave you.

For me, it is the good memories of great individuals, great teams, great times.  Struggle, sacrifice, delayed gratification, teamwork.

I'm the one that needs the ego boost mentioning trophies?? Lol YOU ASKED SPECIFICALLY.

You're the one who brought them up in the first place Mr State Championship Trophy Owner/polisher!.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I recall in the Midlands final that Gross attempted the one-armed RBY strategy against DeSanto more than once.

As for tomorrow's dual, Penn State can be anywhere from (possibly) winning 8 matches (125 and 157 - without Berge - are definite losses) to being shut out.

The PSU coaching staff has had lots of time to rebuild the "one-arm" strategy. I mean simply seeing Desanto v. Fix you can see a great way to control the right arm of Desanto without putting it behind your back. RBY should be attuned to that however, I also think Desanto has grown past this opportunity a little bit as he was able to get to his offense with Gross employing this same strategy though. This match should be pretty compelling overall but I see Desanto pulling it out.

At first I thought it was crazy that people were saying RBYs strategy was not stalling, then i actually saw who was posting. That being said, it was also a smart strategy though. Sometimes in wrestling, stalling is the smart move, to keep the match close and give yourself a chance.

Doing something that completely stops your offensive potential, just to stop something your opponent might try, is stalling. But theres been a lot of time since then, so hopefully they coached up Rby so they dont have to resort to stalling to keep it close.

4 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I'm the one that needs the ego boost mentioning trophies?? Lol YOU ASKED SPECIFICALLY.

You're the one who brought them up in the first place Mr State Championship Trophy Owner/polisher!.

Actually, you implied that I was a bad coach.  I said my trophieS prove otherwise.  That is all, sparky.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Actually, you implied that I was a bad coach.  I said my trophieS prove otherwise.  That is all, sparky.

I didnt imply anything, ai said it straight out based on your take of what what you considered bad coaching. Your trophies dont prove a thing, but since you want to go that route you contradict yourself considering PSU won NCAAs last year using the exact tactic you defined as bad coaching.

And the fact that you kept your team trophies (that you spend so much time admiring and polishing) instead of giving them to the school/team/club show EXACTLY what kind of "coach" you were.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

26 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I didnt imply anything, ai said it straight out based on your take of what what you considered bad coaching. Your trophies dont prove a thing, but since you want to go that route you contradict yourself considering PSU won NCAAs last year using the exact tactic you defined as bad coaching.

And the fact that you kept your team trophies (that you spend so much time admiring and polishing) instead of giving them to the school/team/club show EXACTLY what kind of "coach" you were.

That tactic did not win them NCAAs.  Their better athletes did.  Simply put- their athletes were better and better prepared.  That particular tactic was "bad coaching."  I predict that your lord, God Cael gets rid of that tactic tomorrow, because he realizes it is a bad look.  (Unless he is actually coaching RBY to stall out a win or to prevent bonus points).

And I am sorry that my success hurts your poor little feelings, Sparky.

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

That tactic did not win them NCAAs.  Their better athletes did.  Simply put- their athletes were better and better prepared.  That particular tactic was "bad coaching."  I predict that your lord, God Cael gets rid of that tactic tomorrow, because he realizes it is a bad look.  (Unless he is actually coaching RBY to stall out a win or to prevent bonus points).

And I am sorry that my success hurts your poor little feelings, Sparky.

If it prevents bonus or a stall out win its called good tactics. Clearly such an accomplished coach as yourself would realize that.

Contrary to what you may believe, Cael is a man not a god.

As for your success, any coach who has to say "I'm a good coach" is no true good coach. Again it speaks volumes about what type of coach you were considering you kept the team trophies and polish them on a regular basis instead of giving them to the team.. you kniw the guys as you put it "did all the work."

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

If it prevents bonus or a stall out win its called good tactics. Clearly such an accomplished coach as yourself would realize that.

Contrary to what you may believe, Cael is a man not a god.

As for your success, any coach who has to say "I'm a good coach" is no true good coach. Again it speaks volumes about what type of coach you were considering you kept the team trophies and polish them on a regular basis instead of giving them to the team.. you kniw the guys as you put it "did all the work."

You're cute! ;)

Just now, PASLP2 said:

Iowa had better athletes in a couple weights last year at NCAAs, but they didn’t finish higher than the Psu wrestlers.  Must have been the coaching.  

It could have been the coaching.  But not at 133.  Cael is a great coach.  I am sure that Cael does not think that he is perfect and wishes he could change some things.  I did not say he was a bad coach.  I said that the tactic was bad coaching.  

On 1/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, MSU158 said:

I was just trying to find a pattern. To me picking RBY over DeSanto is almost as bad as picking  Nickal over Snyder. 

Guess you believe now that Bo has at least a punchers chance right??

15 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Got 2 out of 3, not bad!!

If you want to use an injury to prove yourself, that is up to you. I can promise you I wouldn’t be touting myself as a genius if the guy I picked had never beat the other guy and then won by injury default.  Especially when the move is borderline illegal.

But, feel free....

30 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

RBY used the left arm behind his back, always presented, and drilled Desanto with lightening quick counters. He blew up the criticisms in brutally efficient manner. 

Gibbons agrees.  See 2:25 - 2:50.  (Below video is set to begin at 2:25.)

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

If you want to use an injury to prove yourself, that is up to you. I can promise you I wouldn’t be touting myself as a genius if the guy I picked had never beat the other guy and then won by injury default.  Especially when the move is borderline illegal.

But, feel free....

I didn’t see the ref call anything illegal.  So it wasn’t.   RBY was smoking him before Desanto decided to quit rather than getting pinned.  So yes, I will take the call as being correct.  He was up pretty convincingly before the default.