Been hearing for awhile that suriano wont be returning to Rutgers and that his college wrestling career is done, over on the Rutgers forum they have been talking about this a lot lately so it seems pretty legit.

My question is has any other ncaa champ just decided to not finish college, I know plenty of guys who were champs and were injured there senior year but has an ncaa champ ever walked away with eligibility left?

There's really no upside to him coming back to a again roundly mediocre Rutgers program.  He won his NCAA title (in controversial fashion) and is unlikely to repeat.  Even he repeats there is very little marginal gain.  

MMA is his path...that's where he will make his bucks.  He could be making 6 figures next year in the cage, or be wrestling in relative anonymity on bottom tier Rutgers team in the Big 10.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

My question is has any other ncaa champ just decided to not finish college, I know plenty of guys who were champs and were injured there senior year but has an ncaa champ ever walked away with eligibility left?

Kevin Randleman, Ohio State went to 2-1-1 and did not wrestle his senior year.  

10 minutes ago, KSchlosser said:

Kevin Randleman, Ohio State went to 2-1-1 and did not wrestle his senior year.  

Good call I forgot how good randleman was ...but he didn’t chose to walk away though he was academically ineligible I believe 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

There's really no upside to him coming back to a again roundly mediocre Rutgers program.  He won his NCAA title (in controversial fashion) and is unlikely to repeat.  Even he repeats there is very little marginal gain.  

MMA is his path...that's where he will make his bucks.  He could be making 6 figures next year in the cage, or be wrestling in relative anonymity on bottom tier Rutgers team in the Big 10.

Just when I thought you were as ignorant as is humanly possible - you prove me wrong.  Every single sentence you monkey-typed is provably false.  How did you become so abjectly stupid? 

I would respond to each of your fallacies, but clearly you get paid in TrollCoin so what is the point.   I'll just add your insipid commentary to the block bin. 

Gimp: forgot about Matt Ruppel? shame on you! 

Matt Ruppel

Bio: One of Lehigh's all-time greats, Matt placed 3rd, 2nd and 1st in the EIWA which featured a rivalry with future NCAA champ Mark Kerr, Syracuse.

In his junior year, he fashioned a perfect season: 13-0-1 in duals, East-West All-Star win, EIWA title and an NCAA finals win, 6-5, over Iowa's Brook Simpson. During the stretch run to his 38-0-1 season (LU's only unbeaten season since 1983), he earned a perfect 4.0 GPA in the school of business.

A congenital back problem forced an unfortunate early end to his wrestling career, after just 3 bouts his senior year.

28 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Just when I thought you were as ignorant as is humanly possible - you prove me wrong.  Every single sentence you monkey-typed is provably false.  How did you become so abjectly stupid? 

I would respond to each of your fallacies, but clearly you get paid in TrollCoin so what is the point.   I'll just add your insipid commentary to the block bin. 

Little harsh don't ya think?  

I'll have you know that

minibon_332x255.thumb.jpg.205440472e68c5 is the brightest pastry on this forum.

just like KMF is the most intelligent PBR drinkn roofr we got on these hear boards!

;)

34 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

He doesn't have anything left to prove at the collegiate level...although I think getting a degree has value.  Does he have Olympic aspirations?  If so, is his plan to focus full time on freestyle?  

What?  He won one title, right...he has plenty of,  'proving' to do.  Doesn't he?