18 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Just when I thought you were as ignorant as is humanly possible - you prove me wrong.  Every single sentence you monkey-typed is provably false.  How did you become so abjectly stupid? 

I would respond to each of your fallacies, but clearly you get paid in TrollCoin so what is the point.   I'll just add your insipid commentary to the block bin. 

Quit being a snowflake. 2 of the 3 sentences in the first paragraph were factual. The first and third sentences are objectively correct. 

4 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Oh no - snowflake... That hurts.  I'm 60 years old and have never been put so fully in my place.  Canceling my Super Bowl trip and staying in my basement all weekend.

You really seem much older...

4 hours ago, TFBJR said:

He was / is in Italy training Freestyle.   

I have no insight to share on if he is coming back nor does anyone on this thread.  If he chooses not to then he's making his best choice,  It's not like the kid half-asses anything.  Wrestling or not it's generally best to finish the degree.  Always good to have in your pocket.   

I knew he was away - but if he was interested, Rutgers had other home matches they could have done it in (they still have home matches coming up).  They were only honoring 2 people, how hard would it be to pick a date where both of them were in the country?

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Mr. suriano and nick had a problem with Humphrey bringing in Nato to train at the njrtc and mr suriano let everyone know about his issue with it and burned some bridges in the process 

Jaja.  Guau!

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

You really seem much older...

My  time is coming any day.  Been a long trip; the grass ain't greener. 

I work on averages.  I'll be 40 all weekend, 80 on Monday :)    

7 hours ago, TFBJR said:

He was / is in Italy training Freestyle.   

I have no insight to share on if he is coming back nor does anyone on this thread.  If he chooses not to then he's making his best choice,  It's not like the kid half-asses anything.  Wrestling or not it's generally best to finish the degree.  Always good to have in your pocket.   

Some of us do have insight. Suriano’s father had a falling out with Goodale and Humphreys. There is almost no chance his ego will allow him to send Nick back there. 

it’s also ridiculous that Nick isn’t allowed to make his own decisions, but that’s what happens I guess when you have a father like Nick does. 

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Mr. suriano and nick had a problem with Humphrey bringing in Nato to train at the njrtc and mr suriano let everyone know about his issue with it and burned some bridges in the process 

In the heat of the moment he lost it. Then he doubled down and lost it again. 

Mr Suriano is just like those terrible peewee parents who freak out at the ref, except that Nick is actually world class and an adult

13 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Thing is  you don't HAVE to be a great striker to win matches. Ben Askren, for example. Until he caught a knee to the face he was unbeatable in MMA, and he punched with all the power of an arthritic 89 year old granny. Wrestlers usually get a takedown and grind their opponents in MMA with lameass, short range punches, and usually win on chokes or (yawn) points. It's why lots of MMA fans hate watching former wrestlers. It certainly helps to know how to punch, no doubt about it, but it's not really 100% necessary. 

Right... I'm trying to find out why he would be a "killer".

20 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Mr Suriano is just like those terrible peewee parents who freak out at the ref, except that Nick is actually world class and an adult

Not word class, American class, maybe.

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Did Reece invite NaTo to visit and train, or to be a part of the NJRTC? Isn't Tyler Graff there also? Like what exactly is Suriano's dad's issue?

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

When did this happen?

Seriously, if Suriano doesn't come back, is that the weirdest high level career of all time?  DNW due to injury despite being the second favorite to win the title, 2, 1, left school.

6 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I thought that is only part of the rumor.   The other part being he wants to go right to MMA and/or acting.  No clue how credible any of this is or which part is the bigger reason for him not coming back.

Edited by 1032004

40 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I thought that is only part of the rumor.   The other part being he wants to go right to MMA and/or acting.  No clue how credible any of this is or which part is the bigger reason for him not coming back.

Is there a new season of Jersey Shore?

49 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

When did this happen?

Seriously, if Suriano doesn't come back, is that the weirdest high level career of all time?  DNW due to injury despite being the second favorite to win the title, 2, 1, left school.

Has to be the weirdest one. 

I assume he will get his degree, so maybe he will enroll but also be training mma? Not sure. 

this happened a few months back. You’ll notice Nick curiously hasn’t been training at the NJRTC, even though the rest of his team is. This is why

18 minutes ago, Hotkarl712 said:

I’m no talent scout and maybe Suriano is the next Marlon Brando but judging by his personality in interviews I don’t see the acting thing happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I always thought it was a weird decision.

with that said, Suriano is a winner. People have always doubted him. When he was being recruited people said he wouldn’t pan out becuase he relied too much on power. People also said he wouldn’t touch Colon. they said he wouldn’t win a title because he was a tier below the truly elite recruits. Guy tends to prove people wrong. 

I do think he is a legit mma prospect. His character may not translate to Hollywood, but he would have a good following in mma if he ends up picking up some skills and has punching power. I know the mma industry extremely well, having worked in it for years, so that prediction is coming with some level of expertise 

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Has to be the weirdest one. 

I assume he will get his degree, so maybe he will enroll but also be training mma? Not sure. 

this happened a few months back. You’ll notice Nick curiously hasn’t been training at the NJRTC, even though the rest of his team is. This is why

A lot of stuff I’ve been wondering about starting to make sense. 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

There's really no upside to him coming back to a again roundly mediocre Rutgers program.  He won his NCAA title (in controversial fashion) and is unlikely to repeat.  Even he repeats there is very little marginal gain.  

MMA is his path...that's where he will make his bucks.  He could be making 6 figures next year in the cage, or be wrestling in relative anonymity on bottom tier Rutgers team in the Big 10.

Hahaha.  Bottom tier.   They are 8-2 as a very young team.  Have several freshman starting.  Were seconds away from beating #7 Purdue.  Had 2 national champs last year.  Rebuilding year, up and coming....yes.   bottom tier, mediocre, "relative annoymity"....Not at all.

On time of the fact, that he would have been favored to win it at 133 this yr.

On 1/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, tommygun said:

How much money do MMA guys make per year?  Seems like a hefty price to pay for getting your brains bashed in.  

Getting your brains bashed in.   Wow. That is an ignorant statement.

I fought and more importantly, trained for 8 or so years.   And never said much as head a headache, nevermind a concussion or brain damage.  

Broken nose was my only injury.  

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Some of us do have insight. Suriano’s father had a falling out with Goodale and Humphreys. There is almost no chance his ego will allow him to send Nick back there. 

it’s also ridiculous that Nick isn’t allowed to make his own decisions, but that’s what happens I guess when you have a father like Nick does. 

It’s not his fathers choice it’s nicks choice if he wants to go back