IronChef

Three straight undefeated seasons

Who are some wrestlers who have had three straight undefeated seasons? Zain did it, as did Cael (4 in a row, obviously). I don't think anyone did it between those two or since Zain, so who did it before Cael? By three straight, I mean exactly that: three consecutive years without a loss. No redshirts in between.

46 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

No way. Van Brill would've whipped his skinny ass for sure!!

In a 20 second winner takes all match, Kyle Todrank gets Nolf as well.

Edit: grammar (long day at work)

Edited by goheels1812

I’d include Nolf because I don’t consider his injury default to Van Brill in the 2018 B10 tournament to be a true loss. Nolf teched him the other 2 times they wrestled. 

Crap I double posted.

So ummm how do edit this.

Did JB not go 3? I know one was derailed by the torn knee, but.... man he was good :)

That Poeta, Leen, Gillespie, bracket was especially awesome

*nevermind I remember the year before he was still figuring things out down there with Metcalf and company

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Crap I double posted.

So ummm how do edit this.

Did JB not go 3? I know one was derailed by the torn knee, but.... man he was good :)

That Poeta, Leen, Gillespie, bracket was especially awesome

*nevermind I remember the year before he was still figuring things out down there with Metcalf and company

Burroughs only won 2 titles lol of course he did not have 3 undefeated seasons.

Burroughs only won 2 titles lol of course he did not have 3 undefeated seasons.

Yeah, the post you quoted literally says "nevermind" as I remembered he was at 49 the year prior. And the year prior to that I'm 97% sure he lost to the #1 and #2 seeds back to back at NCAAs :) tough draw for the freshman

*I was just editting my double post nothing more.

Per PSUMike's timewarp from nearly three years ago, the point about Lee Kemp surfaced. 

In Kemp's era, we had ties and we also had the All-Star Classic, both of which were on your record at the time. What was also included in records at the time were matches to post-collegians. So Kemp's loss his junior season to Pete Galea at the Northern Open counted as a loss at the time. We cannot retroactively apply the current standards to previous years to change how history unfolded. 

Kemp's record those last three seasons were 39-0, 40-1 and 30-0-1, officially. Cael, for example, would have even more wins on his record if the NCAA was, at the time, counting matches against NJCAA opponents as official. Those matches count today. 

10 hours ago, tigerfan said:

Jim Zalesky, but he may have had a tie.  What about Barry Davis, or did he lose to Darkus during that stretch? 3 years without a loss seems to be pretty rarefied air.

Not undefeated his sophomore year - but was his jr and sr year. 89 match win streak when from first part of sophomore year through the end of his career. I thought he had too but I did some research.