Perry

Hodge Contenders

Just now, Mokoma said:

I mean he had a great season and all but he didn’t wrestle any of the top guys.  His best wins were a 1 point win over Alvarez and 2 wins by 1 and 3 points of Bridges.  It’s not really a Hodge level season.  Even if he ran the table at NCAA’s he likely wouldn’t finish in the top 3.

Hodge is about winning & pinning.  He did both, beat everyone he had a chance to beat.  He deserves to be on the list.  Now if he only wrestled part of the season, say only got 15 to 18 matches then I can see your point, just not enough to warrant being on the list.  ;_;

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Hodge is about winning & pinning.  He did both, beat everyone he had a chance to beat.  He deserves to be on the list.  Now if he only wrestled part of the season, say only got 15 to 18 matches then I can see your point, just not enough to warrant being on the list.  ;_;

He did both?   He had 2 pins in 31 matches.  That is not a pinner.  Those pins weren’t even against starters were they???

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Read my post, I do not think Spencer Lee should win the Hodge either.

3 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Read my post, I do not think Spencer Lee should win the Hodge either.

I was talking about Griffith, he had 9 falls, more than any others if he had run the tables with 2 or 3 falls he certainly would've with 36 to 37 wins been one of top 2, if not out right obvious if  falls at NCAA. 

Just now, ionel said:

I was talking about Griffith, he had 9 falls, more than any others if he had run the tables with 2 or 3 falls he certainly would've with 36 to 37 wins been one of top 2, if not out right obvious if  falls at NCAA. 

Not sure what your post means, but I nearly just made a post saying that if it isn’t Moore, than Griffith would be my choice.  His 9 falls are more than double the next closest.

6 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Not sure what your post means, but I nearly just made a post saying that if it isn’t Moore, than Griffith would be my choice.  His 9 falls are more than double the next closest.

Yeah I got the Tucker Griffith wins mixed up.  I think Tucker deserves to be in conversation but Griffith if he won that weight class with his pin numbers ... 

Just now, ionel said:

Yeah I got the Tucker Griffith wins mixed up.  I think Tucker deserves to be in conversation but Griffith if he won that weight class with his pin numbers ... 

Agreed if Griffith were to win nationals he would get my vote.  With nationals not happening it makes it all a bit more cloudy.  

The challenge with Griffiths are the number of decisions.  Didn't he have 9 decisions?  The schedule at Stanford is also not very strong, so much easier to get pins.  The issue with the NCAA Tournament being cancelled is that most of this would have been sorted out.  I see only 3 or 4 of these guys making through the NCAA Tournament unbeaten.  We will never know.