uncle bernard

RBY should have been DQ'd

You got to be kidding me. What Rutgers Vanbrill did to Nolf WAS intentional and that kid along with the ref for not calling it should of been DQ'd. Tonight RBY showed up and AD did not. Even the Hawkeye fans knew it. So did the announcers. Even DeSanto knows it which is why he has yet to return to the arena.

I expect AD will return on fire but this was embarrassing and to call it any other way is not being honest.

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Is this a joke? 

No, it's serious. You are not allowed to pull the foot out like that because the only direction it can go is against the joint. RBY grabbed the middle of the foot and pulled straight out in one sharp tug. This caused the injury and set up the cradle. Wasn't intentional or malicious, but it is illegal (unless they changed the rule this year which is unlikely). Brayton Lee was DQ'd earlier this year for something similar.

1 minute ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You got to be kidding me. What Rutgers Vanbrill did to Nolf WAS intentional and that kid along with the ref for not calling it should of been DQ'd. Tonight RBY showed up and AD did not. Even the Hawkeye fans knew it. So did the announcers. Even DeSanto knows it which is why he has yet to return to the arena.

I expect AD will return on fire but this was embarrassing and to call it any other way is not being honest.

This is classless. Desanto showed up. He just got injured right away. Not taking anything away from RBY.

And what Van Brill did to Nolf was not intentional. Nolf did it to himself by sitting up into the position. It was his own motion that caused the injury. I do hate those positions.

20 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Is this a joke? 

Even my wife saw what RBY did to his knee, and she couldn't care less about wrestling, much less this match.  Go back and look at the replay.

47 minutes ago, klehner said:

Even my wife saw what RBY did to his knee, and she couldn't care less about wrestling, much less this match.  Go back and look at the replay.

Or, more likely, she saw someone get violently taken to their back, heard your (almost certainly biased) reaction, and responded in kind.

In real time, nothing looked off at all, and even in slow motion, it's questionable that his knee hyper extended at all.

The idea that RBY should have been DQ'd is laughable, and if that's in fact a rule, it's a terrible one.  RBY did nothing wrong, and I suspect DeSanto was going over regardless.

That said, I'm biased.  Much as I appreciate DeSanto, the Carver fans are so annoying that it's hard not to tar the wrestlers with the same brush.  Nor does DeSanto face adversity like that very often, and I wonder whether he experienced a bit of what he puts most of his opponents through.

I'm sure he'll bounce back, learn from the experience, and be better for it.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

The move is illegal.

Even if you're correct about the first cradle, I haven't seen any evidence that DeSanto's foot popped out during the second.  Perhaps it did, but since the first one didn't look at all intentional, I'd be surprised if the same anomaly happened again.

I also suspect T&T's heads would have exploded if DeSanto's injury default should have been a DQ.  They know the rules, and surely would have made it known to the refs (who themselves know the rules).

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I'll be honest, I didn't see anything untoward. Hope Desanto is ok.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maybe they've changed the rule, but I was always taught that you cannot grab the middle of the foot and pull the knee out, which was exactly what he did. When you pull from the middle of the foot, the only direction you can go is against the joint which is what makes it illegal (if I'm right). Brayton Lee was Dq'd for it earlier this year. I don't think it was malicious or anything, but I was always taught it was illegal and I've seen it enforced in college.

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Pulling the knee against the joint from the middle of the foot is illegal. It resulted in an injury and thus should have been 6 for Iowa. Brayton Lee was dq'd for something similar earlier this year.

Agreed, after looking at replay very dangerous

any video of the Lee DQ?

edit: although even if the first one was illegal, technically if Desanto still returned then he wouldn't have won by DQ if he defaulted out later.

Edited by 1032004

18 minutes ago, PSUNatChamps said:

RBY did something illegal with two cradles that DeSanto stepped into? Comedy hour??? PSU at full stength (Berge & Cassar) wins this no problem!!

This post couldn’t be further from the truth about being at full strength...Even if RBY wins via, major and Iowa doesn’t lose the team point...Thats 3 less points from Iowa, increasing their margin of victory to 5. Max Murin/Jayden Eierman didn’t wrestle at 141 so Nick Lee teaches their backup. Eierman beats Lee but even Murin keeps it to at worst a major loss to Lee, increasing Iowa’s lead by more. And your point about Cassar...he’s retired from college wrestling so sorry to say, but you’re stuck with. Nevills for at least one more year. To say Iowa wins this dual no problem is ignorant.