Marcus Cisero

DeSanto "No Mas" Against RBY

Just like Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard 2 - Duran said "No Mas" and threw in the towel when he realized he was quickly outmatched by Sugar Ray.

As much as I love DeSanto and wanted him to win, he knew that cradle was locked - not once, but twice. Austin looked foolish pouting to his corner, "no mas." In other words, he tapped out.

RBY was prepared to win and Desanto wasnt, and its as simple as that.

What a huge disappointment.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

13 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Good troll lol but his knee is in bad shape. I hope that it’s not serious but I am afraid it is 

Sorry coach but I'm not buying it. I watched the replays like everyone else - Austin tapped out. Even the announcers had a hard time explaining what they just watched.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

We’ll see if he turns out to be injured, but I must agree with those who say he appeared to quit. 

Both cradles were likely going to be pins. 

RBY just dominated DeSanto and I think, frustrated him to the point where he looked close to tears during one TV close-up.

Obviously, not a great night for him.

29 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Sorry coach but I'm not buying it. I watched the replays like everyone else - Austin tapped out. Even the announcers had a hard time explaining what they just watched.

You aren’t gonna troll me, although this is a great attempt. I just hope Austin is okay 

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The amount of adults who are giddy to see a young man suffer a clear injury is just really discouraging to see. RBY is a stud. I'm sure the last thing he wanted was to win by default. The knee popping out was pretty clear.

I don’t think anyone is giddy and some of us didn’t see a clear injury. 

Some of us saw DeSanto tell Brands “I can’t”

The look on the coach’s face said volumes  

55 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

I don’t think anyone is giddy and some of us didn’t see a clear injury. 

Some of us saw DeSanto tell Brands “I can’t”

The look on the coach’s face said volumes  

What do you think he was saying "I can't" about other than the injury?

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

You new here? Its not about what actually happened. Its about taking shots at an Iowa wrestler. 

Although some of the comments are definitely a bit dramatic, DeSanto was clearly out of sorts mentally.  Whether it was because his knee was bothering him, or the fact that he's not used to being thrown around like that, he was clearly distressed from that point on.

And he was moving fine during their subsequent scrambles.  Doesn't mean his knee wasn't bothering him, but it wasn't as if he was trying to wrestle with a torn ACL.  The leg was clearly stable enough to shoot off of, but when he came back to center, he absolutely appeared to be near tears.

Not that we'll ever know, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn he thought he was letting down his fans, teammates and coaches, and it bothered him so much in the moment that he broke down.

Nonetheless, I'm sure he'll learn from the experience, and come back better for it.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

The amount of adults who are giddy to see a young man suffer a clear injury is just really discouraging to see. RBY is a stud. I'm sure the last thing he wanted was to win by default. The knee popping out was pretty clear.

I think you are right. After looking at replays. 

2 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Although some of the comments are definitely a bit dramatic, DeSanto was clearly out of sorts mentally.  Whether it was because his knee was bothering him, or the fact that he's not used to being thrown around like that, he was clearly distressed from that point on.

And he was moving fine during their subsequent scrambles.  Doesn't mean his knee wasn't bothering him, but it wasn't as if he was trying to wrestle with a torn ACL.  The leg was clearly stable enough to shoot off of, but when he came back to center, he absolutely appeared to be near tears.

Not that we'll ever know, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn he thought he was letting down his fans, teammates and coaches, and it bothered him so much in the moment that he broke down.

Nonetheless, I'm sure he'll learn from the experience, and come back better for it.

Well said.

He looked unnerved early on.

I think he wants to win so badly that he sometimes gets consumed by the slightest adversity during a match. 

I think he’s the type of wrestler who can literally beat or lose to anyone on any given day. 

RBY clearly had his number tonight.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Are you sure RBY grabbed DeSanto's foot to start the cradle?  All I saw was DeSanto's foot pop out and get caught on the outside of RBY's thigh, which did exert force against the knee joint.  And that was only clear from the slo-mo replay.

Watching it again, all I see is RBY slap on a cradle in the standard fashion, but instead of slowly taking him over (a la Lugo), he got his feet under him, and took him over hard and fast.  I didn't see him grab DeSanto's foot at all.

Although I haven't seen the second cradle in slo-mo, I didn't even see DeSanto's foot come out then at all, and the cradle looked textbook.

Cant believe some people... do you really think a top tier competitor like ASD is faking an injury in a match because he got caught in one move early in a match?  By a guy he has already beaten twice?

I'm not a hawkeye fan and find it disgusting that some people are rooting for someone getting injured like that.  Did you guys get off when Rivera went down against Piotrowski?

Edited by lost

15 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What do you think he was saying "I can't" about other than the injury?

I think he was completely mentally broken at that point.

Brands was pointing his fingers at his own head, essentially telling DeSanto to get focused, etc. 

I honestly think he said “I can’t” more out of frustration than in reference to any injury. 

Just my opinion, based on watching a few replays. 

I wish DeSanto well. 

1 minute ago, lost said:

Cant believe some people... do you really think a top tier competitor like ASD is faking an injury in a match because he got caught in one move early in a match?  By a guy he has already beaten twice?

I'm not a hawkeye fan and find it disgusting that some people are rooting for someone getting injured like that.  Did you guys get off when Rivera went down against Piotrowski?

I just watched the end of the match on youtube.  After the second cradle stoppage when he gets off the mat he walks off without a limp all the way through the tunnel