Marcus Cisero

DeSanto "No Mas" Against RBY

7 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Considering some of the utter lunacy thrown around this thread, I have no idea why my post drew your ire.

Ire?  You made a claim that was demonstrably false, with a quite-famous and recent counter-example.  I have no dog in this fight.

5 hours ago, russelscout said:

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

I’ll admit scout, I’m not an expert like you on every move, motive and mindset when it comes to wrestling. You and your clique always seem to have all the answers and denounce those with other view points. I’m not “trolling” – whatever the hell that is, but what I am doing is participating in a forum that allows me to provide a viewpoint seen through my very own eyes. VanBrill injured Nolf on purpose – without question, in my mind. You don’t like my viewpoint, that’s your problem pal. In addition, I’m not an Iowa fan, I’m a PSU fan but I follow Iowa closely because of all the PA wrestlers who are among their team. I especially like DeSanto because I enjoyed watching him in high school. Beating Lee was something I’ll never forget. I also didnt appreciate all the autistic comments hurled at him by ignorant people another reason why I was in his corner. Conversely, I do not like some of the things he’s done to other wrestlers in the past. I do not like some of his antics during and after matches. I don’t like it when Stevenson acts like a clown and I do not like it when DeSanto and others behave like buffoons. I am however one who can forgive and forget and when DeSanto really started moving up the ranks this season – both in skill set and maturity, I cheered him on as though he was my own kid. What took place during his match with RBY is inexcusable and I refuse to waiver on what I witnessed. I’ll leave that for the armchair quarterbacks. Can he come back? Sure he can. Will I get behind him if he does? Yup.  

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Disagree totally, I think the majority of the country would've had a Gross/Desanto finals prior to the RBY match.

Even now, I think Desanto is likely still favored over Rivera.   

You'll eat those words when Rivera returns. 

i watched the nolf injury many times... i never once thought that the other wrestler did something to make the injury happen.

i may have to watch it again

Edited by GockeS

just after 1 min in this video he starts to pull on the foot against the joint similar to what RBY did, but in a different position body wise, but he lets go and it causes no injury.

it does not give a good angle to see the injury, tho it does appear that van brill is holding the ankle up... perhaps a little against the joint.

I will try to find the better angle i have seen before

7 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You'll eat those words when Rivera returns. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rivera wins, just saying right now I think Gross, RBY and DeSanto would all be favored over him.   He also hasn’t wrestled since Midlands so who knows if he’ll even be 100%

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rivera wins, just saying right now I think Gross, RBY and DeSanto would all be favored over him.   He also hasn’t wrestled since Midlands so who knows if he’ll even be 100%

what baffles me is the lack of updates on his injury - at least I'm not aware of any. I watched his most recent interviews and he seemed upbeat and brimming with confidence but made no mention of an imminent return. I hope he does come back and soon too.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

i checked into this thread because i was bored and wanted to see what silliness was still going on...

you guys did not disappoint... 

VanBrill injured Nolf on purpose????

bless that "fans" little heart...

17 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You and your clique always seem to have all the answers and denounce those with other view points. I’m not “trolling” – whatever the hell that is, but what I am doing is participating in a forum that allows me to provide a viewpoint seen through my very own eyes.

I don't denounce anyone. I disagree with an opinion, say where I think the poster is wrong, and offer a counter argument. That is also participating in the forum. Just like you, I am allowed to show my viewpoint. I fully expect people to disagree and criticize with my opinions. You should expect the same. A forum is about discussion. It isn't about commenting and moving on, and frankly you don't do yourself any favors by trying to paint yourself as a victim of my responses. To me it would just suggest you have no rebuttal.

20 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

VanBrill injured Nolf on purpose – without question, in my mind. You don’t like my viewpoint, that’s your problem pal.

I disagree. I had been a long time lurker on here and only started posting consistently in the last year. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't even know people thought VanBrill had malicious intent. I had to go back and watch the match, and honestly I just don't know how you can come to that conclusion. Does VanBrill have a history of this sort of thing? What would his motive be and if it is just to take out a top guy, why wouldn't he do that to other guys ahead of him? VanBrill was not a title contender and taking out Nolf wouldn't make him one. Thats why I thought maybe you were trolling in order to get a rise out of people, because that would made more sense to me than what you were suggesting.

As far as the other stuff you had posted about Desanto, I was strictly replying to your comment about Van Brill and Nolf. I haven't really stayed on top of this thread so don't know what you were saying about Desanto in the other posts, but from what you are saying here I can guess. 

Truth is you really don't know. I really don't know. Do I think he could have continued? Yeah I do. Do I think it is this big outrage? Not really. When you get a sudden tweak on your knee, it can be pretty freaky. All the possibilities run through your head about what that could be, and we are all too familiar with what those potential consequences are. Maybe he wasn't so physically affected that he couldn't continue, but it's obvious he was affected mentally, so he defaulted. Either way, you weren't going to get the best version of Desanto the rest of the match, and PSU got their 6 points. 

I didn't think Van Brill purposely tried to hurt Nolf.   Rutgers has had some jerkoffs in their lineups the last few years but Van Brill was never dirty that I saw.  He was unorthodox and fun to watch but dirty?   I'm not sure where this is coming from.  That dual was chippy from start to finish.  Rutgers didn't roll over like they were supposed to I guess which means they were trying to injure their opponents?  It seems like a stretch

Edited by ironmonkey