NJDan

How Bad is DeSanto (his injury)

Is there any news about how badly AD is injured. I know he kept wrestling and walked off the mat. But doesn't that happen a lot  (such as with David Taylor) when the athlete still needs surgery? 

Early, I know, but is there any word?

Brands said that he thought Desanto could have continued if he didn't lose his composure.

He also said his (Brands) actions merited a team point deduction.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I know PSU fans are enjoying their humor.  

But seriously, two questions:

1.  Do you feel that foot pull that lead to the initial injury time was a legal move?  

2.  Would you be fine if wrestlers started doing that same move to PSU wrestlers on a regular basis?

27 minutes ago, nom said:

1.  Do you feel that foot pull that lead to the initial injury time was a legal move?  

2.  Would you be fine if wrestlers started doing that same move to PSU wrestlers on a regular basis?

Who says this doesn't already happen to psu wrestlers. I cringe all the time about knees being severly twisted. 

42 minutes ago, nom said:

I'm not a PSU homer.

1. I honestly don't think anything with the first cradle/foot-knee action was illegal, wrong, etc. In slow-mo, I don't see the knee being forced against the normal range of the joint. It looked to me that RBY actually pulled ADS's foot/shin laterally- away from his body-but "as a unit" vice simply pulling the foot away while the knee was anchored, which would be illegal and dangerous to the knee.  When the ref stopped the first cradle, I actually thought RBY had accidentally gouged an eye.  

The second cradle looked quite clean and ASD was definitely enroute to being pinned. That's just how I see things. 

2. Many wrestlers routinely torgue opponent's knees much, much farther from the axis of the body when trying to finish a low-single or single that results in a scramble. 

I don't condone illegal behavior; I just don't see it in either cradle. 

Now, this doesn't mean that ASD didn't feel any pain - we've all felt pain from legal moves and movement.

That said, I still believe that ASD cratered mentally early on, especially after reviewing the video. I think Brands saw what was happening and wisely got him off of the mat before something serious (from ASD) happened. 

ASD is a serious talent and can be a national champion; but he's got some work to do with his mental game, composure, resilience while under stress, etc.

DeSanto's injury is clearly pretty bad.

He has deep emotional scars. 

He has to come to terms with the fact that as a bully and a punk he got whooped on the playground, embarrassed, and nearly cried in front of 15,000 of his closest relatives.

Rumor has it that he is either in the transfer portal or going to ask the NCAA for another year if he defaults out of this one.

I've already explained what was illegal about it, and it was pointed out that brayton lee was dqd for the same thing. Lets just hope that its not a serious injury, or even better, that desanto was faking it. You never want to see someone get injured, especially with illegal holds (no matter how subtle it was)

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Except for the fact that it wasn’t illegal. 

Except your not allowed to grab the middle of the foot and pull the leg to the side in that position, which causes direct torque on the knee. That is the reason B. Lee got dq'd, and why Desanto got hurt. Refs constantly stop it on the high school level before it gets to that point. Rby just hit it so fast, thats why its subtle, but still dangerous.

Edited by Molsen

2 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

Hopefully the NCAA will take action and make it illegal to put him in a cradle.

Thumbs up. While there at it, if you get anywhere with a headlock you shouldn’t be allowed to get scored on. It’s ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Thumbs up. While there at it, if you get anywhere with a headlock you shouldn’t be allowed to get scored on. It’s ridiculous. 

Single leg takedowns should be outlawed, if you can't execute a double leg takedown you are probably only giving 50% effort.

Anyway, really hope Austin is ok and back in the lineup asap and hopefully we'll see a rematch or 2 of Desanto and RBY.  Last night's dual was great and DeSanto and the Hawkeyes have been very entertaining all year. This post season is going to be awesome!  

5 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Anyway, really hope Austin is ok and back in the lineup asap and hopefully we'll see a rematch or 2 of Desanto and RBY.  Last night's dual was great and DeSanto and the Hawkeyes have been very entertaining all year. This post season is going to be awesome!  

If he is back real quick then he will take some grief here. It would then look like RBY did no mas him.