Wrestlingfan1997

Why doesn’t hall go 165 and Joseph 174?

Cenzo is not and never has been big for 165.

He is chubby.

He is literally 165 now because he couldn't beat Retherford at 149 nor Nolf at 157. Penn State had a hole at 165.

Ffs try watching a match of his.

Edited by nhs67
Fat fingers...

I agree Hall looks and is very small for his weight class but his college record does speak for itself. Yeah he hates weight cutting but there's probably not going to be a place for him at the next level if he doesn't suck it up and cut some weight. Who knows what weight class that is, I mean my eyes tell me he's even smaller than Dake or JB. 30 years ago he wouldn't have had a choice and would have been wrestling in the 150 lb class I bet. 

Uhhh didn’t Cenzo miss weight at 157 during his redshirt year? I could be wrong but I also seem to recall an interview with Hall where he says he cuts the most weight on the team. I think the fact that they’ve both 1) stayed at these weights there entire careers, and 2) both made the finals every time they’ve been at NCAA’s, says they are at their ideal weights. I’ve seen people chalking up Hall’s loss last night to poor pre meet scouting or a potential size discrepancy but I just don’t buy it. Kemerer was just a hair better at wrestling last night, Hall was THIS close to several scoring opportunities but Kem always found a way. For me, the result last night was purely about who’s wrestling better right now

4 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Uhhh didn’t Cenzo miss weight at 157 during his redshirt year? I could be wrong but I also seem to recall an interview with Hall where he says he cuts the most weight on the team. I think the fact that they’ve both 1) stayed at these weights there entire careers, and 2) both made the finals every time they’ve been at NCAA’s, says they are at their ideal weights. I’ve seen people chalking up Hall’s loss last night to poor pre meet scouting or a potential size discrepancy but I just don’t buy it. Kemerer was just a hair better at wrestling last night, Hall was THIS close to several scoring opportunities but Kem always found a way. For me, the result last night was purely about who’s wrestling better right now

True.  And he just missed weight a week or so ago.

4 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I believe the Nolf thing but are you speculating about Retherford or do you know something we don't?

I am saying the plan was 165 because he couldn't sniff either in the room his RS year.

Edited by nhs67
Fat fingers...

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am saying the plan was 165 becausenl he couldn't sniff either in the room his RS year.

Again, I believe Nolf. Are you speculating about Retherford or is his inability to beat Retherford an established fact? I find that hard to believe given the size difference. Nolf is clearly a better wrestler.

3 hours ago, pamela said:

Hall says he hates cutting weight, Cenzo’s holding his own just fine at 165. I would love to see Marinelli and Hall go, though.

Lol , who enjoys cutting weight? Fortunately he's good enough to go where he wants. 

1 hour ago, custom fitch said:

I agree Hall looks and is very small for his weight class but his college record does speak for itself. Yeah he hates weight cutting but there's probably not going to be a place for him at the next level if he doesn't suck it up and cut some weight. Who knows what weight class that is, I mean my eyes tell me he's even smaller than Dake or JB. 30 years ago he wouldn't have had a choice and would have been wrestling in the 150 lb class I bet. 

I thought it was generally accepted that Mark Halls head counts for an additional weight class.  

33 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Short memories folks.... Remember when Hall beat Zahid last year, shutting him out at Rec Hall?  Then at NCAAs, Zahid spanked him.  

I think Hall is gonna return the favor...  Twofold.  

If by spanking you mean a one-point win then yes he did. If you mean totally dominated him then no he didn't.

42 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I thought it was generally accepted that Mark Halls head counts for an additional weight class.  

I’m asking seriously: Does the joke about Hall’s head size refer to its physical size or the idea that some think he is full of himself? If the former, I honestly don’t see it. 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Short memories folks.... Remember when Hall beat Zahid last year, shutting him out at Rec Hall?  Then at NCAAs, Zahid spanked him.  

I think Hall is gonna return the favor...  Twofold.  

What are you talking about???  That NCAA final was razor thin!  

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I’m asking seriously: Does the joke about Hall’s head size refer to its physical size or the idea that some think he is full of himself? If the former, I honestly don’t see it. 

Actual head size.  He looks like a walking candy apple. 

He definitely doesn't seem full of himself and I mean to insult only his giant noggin, not his excellent wrestling or character.