MSU158

Was DeSanto injured?

40 minutes ago, russelscout said:

True, but he also did much worse things. Thats why I specified the last two years. His antics in the last two seasons wouldnt get a rise out of many if any if he wasnt at Iowa.

He was LOVED by the wrestling universe (and disliked by Iowa) during the first half of his freshman season. Then the wrestling world turned on him when he started acting up. 

Has his behavior improved? Arguably yes, but when you do something wrong your past doesnt get wiped clean. You can forgive someone, but you NEVER forget. Imo many have forgiven him, but hes also lost all benefit of the doubt moving forward.

Fans not liking him has very little to do with him being at Iowa. Had transfered anywhere else and behaved in the exact same manner that he has during the past 2 seasons he would probably be disliked even more because the Iowa folk would also dislike him in addition to those who currently dislike him.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He stood up perfectly fine and took a full speed shot after the first injury time then bugged out after getting cradled then got up fine and walked off the mat, then cheered from the bench with no wrap, no ice jumping up and down then his head coach gave a press conference eluding to the fact he could’ve finished the match.

and for all the posts saying “ why would a wrestler just quit in a big match no one would do that” can we stop pretending like Austin desanto is anything like a normal athlete. I have nothing against him but I’ve watched him have about 4 or 5 complete mental breakdowns live on tv and on Flo. It’s very obvious he doesn’t handle losing well in most cases. In my opinion and more importantly a lot of high level wrestlers opinions the guy just gave up last night, if it turns out he has a torn acl I’ll be the first To admitt I was wrong but I think he just broke last night ,good thing these 2 will get another chance to wrestle in a few weeks 

Please don't take this as me being antagonistic because I am genuinely curious. Can you list the 4-5 complete mental breakdowns that you have witnessed? I have watched nearly all of DeSantos' matches since he was a freshman and the only true "breakdown" I recall witnessing are his freshman NCAA matches against Micic and the Rutgers' wrestler. He has had some questionable behavior here and there since but nothing that I would qualify as a breakdown.

As to the OP, I've rewatched the match about a dozen times and have to agree with several posters here that specified the toe pull and DeSantos' release of his grip in the first cradle sequence as sign of an injury. In regards to the second cradle sequence, not exactly sure what happened there as it looked like a fairly standard cradle. My best guess, having experienced something somewhat similar, is that the torque involved in having the knee brought close to the head made him feel discomfort at a level he was not familiar with and that freaked him out. Speculation? Absolutely, but isn't that exactly what we're all engaging in here?

Not injured - it was all a hoax.

The knee wasn't torqued, RBY just pulled his leg towards him.  This was done so he could lock up the cradle and turn ADS for the fall.  Knowing what was about to happen, ADS panicked and screamed in "pain" so the ref would stop the action.  Being in CHA, the crooked ref went along with the ploy.  (We know he's crooked because he didn't award back points as required by the imminent scoring rule.) 

Also, as clearly shown by the video, ADS initially pretended that his head was hurt, not his knee.  Sneaky Brands, fearing an injury default due to concussion, told ADS to pretend it was his knee.  Afterwards, he wrestled fine on it, but would occasionally remember he was supposed to be injured - so he'd limp back to the mat a few times. 

Finallly, RBY slapped on the second cradle and ADS faked injury again.  (Even those falsely claiming a "torque" on the first "injury," admit there was nothing untoward about the second cradle.)  ADS then really freaked out, apparently flashing back to the Duran-Leonard "no mas" fight, and decided to quit rather than continue being embarrassed by the superior athlete.   Consequently, he laid flat on his belly, and crying like a baby, said "I can't, I can't" to Coach Brands.  (The latter, to his credit, admitted in the post match press conference that ADS could have continued.)

So there you are.  The evidence, most of which is memorialized on video, is indisputable.  There is no injury.  We'll see ADS take the mat later* today in East Lansing.  Mark my word.

* assuming the Hawks don't decide to continue with the "injury" hoax

I would bet a million dollars his MCL is torn, or partially torn.

RBY methodically decided to change ADS' foot position and pulled it out at a 90 degree pointing away from the tibia.  He then grabbed the toes and calf, and violently pulled up and out, making the foot a lever to twist the tibia thus tearing that knee ligament. 

If his goal was to merely get the leg out a bit he would have grabbed the ankle instead and just pulled it out a bit.  There is only one reason to turn the foot and pull up on the toes, and that is to stress the joints in a direction they're not designed to go.   

3 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Not injured - it was all a hoax.

The knee wasn't torqued, RBY just pulled his leg towards him.  This was done so he could lock up the cradle and turn ADS for the fall.  Knowing what was about to happen, ADS panicked and screamed in "pain" so the ref would stop the action.  Being in CHA, the crooked ref went along with the ploy.  (We know he's crooked because he didn't award back points as required by the imminent scoring rule.) 

Also, as clearly shown by the video, ADS initially pretended that his head was hurt, not his knee.  Sneaky Brands, fearing an injury default due to concussion, told ADS to pretend it was his knee.  Afterwards, he wrestled fine on it, but would occasionally remember he was supposed to be injured - so he'd limp back to the mat a few times. 

Finallly, RBY slapped on the second cradle and ADS faked injury again.  (Even those falsely claiming a "torque" on the first "injury," admit there was nothing untoward about the second cradle.)  ADS then really freaked out, apparently flashing back to the Duran-Leonard "no mas" fight, and decided to quit rather than continue being embarrassed by the superior athlete.   Consequently, he laid flat on his belly, and crying like a baby, said "I can't, I can't" to Coach Brands.  (The latter, to his credit, admitted in the post match press conference that ADS could have continued.)

So there you are.  The evidence, most of which is memorialized on video, is indisputable.  There is no injury.  We'll see ADS take the mat later* today in East Lansing.  Mark my word.

* assuming the Hawks don't decide to continue with the "injury" hoax

That is a moronic assessment.  The ref started running in before the cradle, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out ADS was just covering his face as cried in pain.  

If RBY's sole purpose was to pull the leg out safely, he wouldn't have gone to the trouble to turn the foot 90 degrees, and then pull UP and out violently.  He just would have grabbed the ankle.  

3 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

RBY methodically decided to change ADS' foot position and pulled it out at a 90 degree pointing away from the tibia.  He then grabbed the toes and calf, and violently pulled up and out, making the foot a lever to twist the tibia thus tearing that knee ligament. 

If his goal was to merely get the leg out a bit he would have grabbed the ankle instead and just pulled it out a bit.  There is only one reason to turn the foot and pull up on the toes, and that is to stress the joints in a direction they're not designed to go.   

Image result for shaking my head gif"

2 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

That was quite a dramatiztion of what actually took place. You should seriously (seriously not being sarcastic at all) consider a career in Hollywood. You could write a lot better stuff than the crap theyre spewing out these days!

18 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Please don't take this as me being antagonistic because I am genuinely curious. Can you list the 4-5 complete mental breakdowns that you have witnessed? I have watched nearly all of DeSantos' matches since he was a freshman and the only true "breakdown" I recall witnessing are his freshman NCAA matches against Micic and the Rutgers' wrestler. He has had some questionable behavior here and there since but nothing that I would qualify as a breakdown.

As to the OP, I've rewatched the match about a dozen times and have to agree with several posters here that specified the toe pull and DeSantos' release of his grip in the first cradle sequence as sign of an injury. In regards to the second cradle sequence, not exactly sure what happened there as it looked like a fairly standard cradle. My best guess, having experienced something somewhat similar, is that the torque involved in having the knee brought close to the head made him feel discomfort at a level he was not familiar with and that freaked him out. Speculation? Absolutely, but isn't that exactly what we're all engaging in here?

The 2 you listed, 

3. completely losing it and screaming at his Drexel coach in front of everyone at ncaa

4. trying to hurt chaz tucker multiple times in there EIWA final

5. pushing Lizak head down, spitting on the match, doing a throat slash and having to be calmed down by 3 coaches 

and there’s been a few other shenanigans 

like I said I have nothing against desanto, I think he’s one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch in the entire country without the antics but last night I think he got to worked up and couldn’t handle it.

11 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

That was quite a dramatiztion of what actually took place. You should seriously (seriously not being sarcastic at all) consider a career in Hollywood. You could write a lot better stuff than the crap theyre spewing out these days!

Thank you.  ;)

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

If Desanto wrestled for another school, most people wouldnt care about anything this year or last. 

Come on that’s ridiculous, everyone cared when he tried to break Micic arm while at Drexel.

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The 2 you listed, 

3. completely losing it and screaming at his Drexel coach in front of everyone at ncaa

4. trying to hurt chaz tucker multiple times in there EIWA final

5. pushing Lizak head down, spitting on the match, doing a throat slash and having to be calmed down by 3 coaches 

and there’s been a few other shenanigans 

like I said I have nothing against desanto, I think he’s one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch in the entire country without the antics but last night I think he got to worked up and couldn’t handle it.

Thanks for the congenial response. I admit that I consider the incident with him screaming at this coaches as one part of the meltdown with the Rutgers' match (no disrespect to the wrestler, I just don't remember his name. Delvecchio was it?).

Never witnessed any of his matches with Chaz Tucker but posters who have have been very consistent with their commentary on the match so I will take your word for it. 

As for the first Lizak match, I wouldn't consider that a meltdown personally. We have seen many wrestlers push and shove on their opponents heads. Even St. Nico Megaludis did it multiple times (including while simultaneously jogging in place and in sync with his head shoves) so that really isn't a big issue for me. The throat slash is also not exclusive to DeSanto. JO did it at the Bill Farrell and McMullen did it after beating Tony Nelson a few years back. Is it a little too much? Absolutely, keep it out of wrestling but those two things together I think don't warrant labeling the match as a meltdown. 

Unfortunately, I think the spitting on the mat was a really bad look so I'm with you there. The fact that DeSanto committed all three acts at the end of a single match is hard to argue against. It was unsportsmanlike for sure but I just don't think I would call it a meltdown. Feel free to disagree, I definitely dont' feel confident in any way that I am right on this one.

26 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

That is a moronic assessment.  The ref started running in before the cradle, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out ADS was just covering his face as cried in pain.  

If RBY's sole purpose was to pull the leg out safely, he wouldn't have gone to the trouble to turn the foot 90 degrees, and then pull UP and out violently.  He just would have grabbed the ankle.  

No, the ref did not start running in until after RBY had already locked up the cradle.  And he turned the ankle only enough so that he could get under his leg to lock up the cradle.  No joints were pulled beyond their normal ROM.  And there was certainly no "violent pull upward," as you colorfully describe.  Even the ref, who we know was crooked, didn't even make a PD call, let alone an illegal move call.  And he was looking directly at the action.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

3 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

No, the ref did not start running in until after RBY had already locked up the cradle.  And he turned the ankle only enough so that he could get under his leg to lock up the cradle.  No joints were pulled beyond their normal ROM.  And there was certainly no "violent pull upward," as you colorfully describe.  Even the ref, who we know was crooked, didn't even make a PD call, let alone an illegal move call.  And he was looking directly at the action.

You should rewatch the match in slow motion because I think everything you just said is wrong.

It is now.
Only for people who want to look for a reason to dislike him further. It's clear as day on the video once you watch it. Desanto let's go immediately when RBY tugs on his leg. His.hands don't move to defend, they just go to mat. He was injured. Askren in his breakdown on Twitter talked about the move being illegal though often overlooked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

fishing win GIF

Hey Dad - I caught a nice fat Hounded Hawk, but this one looks like a Poopy Butthole!

Scoff all you want. I hope you do take a second look at the video. If you think I'm wrong, please show me. I'm here to learn. I've watched the match closely. If I missed something, I would like to know.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Desanto will look rediculous. Those braces are hella funny looking.

Also true, and desanto will underperform going forward because im sure it would take away from his pace that breaks people. So i guess thats a win for you psu fans. Call out Desanto for faking, and if hes not faking, Desantos stock drops significantly because of injury. So i guess enjoy it...

9 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Also true, and desanto will underperform going forward because im sure it would take away from his pace that breaks people. So i guess thats a win for you psu fans. Call out Desanto for faking, and if hes not faking, Desantos stock drops significantly because of injury. So i guess enjoy it...

And if he is faking who's stock drops significantly?

Youve put Iowa fans in quite a perdicament. Youve got them HOPING hes injured. Lol!

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And if he is faking who's stock drops significantly?

Youve put Iowa fans in quite a perdicament. Youve got them HOPING hes injured. Lol!

If he was faking, Desantos stock drops, he loses the benefit of the doubt (because he has shown to be more controlled and mentally tough since joining iowa) and honestly deserves it. Im sure Iowa fans would prefer him to be healthy though, as frustratin as that would be.

Edited by Molsen