Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Penn State will lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State

I'm predicting PSU finishes the regular season 10-4.  They will lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State and it won't be particularly close.  Note that it was reported Berge is at the Mayo Clinic seeking treatment.  Sounds like his condition is much worse than initially reported.  He isn't coming back this year, sadly.

PSU vs Wisconsin

125 - Barnett dec Meredith 3-0 WISC

133 - Gross dec RBY 6-0 WISC

141 - Lee dec Moran 6-3 WISC

149 - Martin dec Verkleeren 9-3 WISC

157 - Scharenbrock dec Pipher 12-3 WISC

165 - Joseph dec Wick 12-6 WISC

174 - Hall maj Krattiger 12-10 WISC

184 - Brooks dec Sebastian 13-12 PSU

197 - Christiansen dec Rasheed 15-13 WISC

HWT - Hilger dec Nevills 18-13 WISC

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

PSU vs Ohio State

125 - Heinselman dec Meredith 3-0 OSU

133 - RBY dec Decatur 3-3

141 - Pletcher dec Lee 6-3 OSU

149 - Sasso FALL Verkleeren 12-3 OSU

157 - Cleary dec Pipher 15-3 OSU

165 - Joseph maj Cleary 15-7 OSU

174 - Hall dec Romero 15-11 OSU

184 - Jordan dec Brooks 18-11 OSU

197 - Moore tech Rasheed 23-11 OSU

285 - Nevills dec Traub 23-14 OSU

Where has it been reported that Berge is at the Mayo clinic? Genuinely curious.

Your Wisconsin prediction seems reasonable enough but I would say, as much of a slide as he's been on, Rasheed could still beat Christenson. 

A pin by Hall is not out of the question and neither is a major (or worse) by Lee.

The Ohio State win seems a little bit more out there though. What have you seen from Jordan that makes you think he'll beat Brooks? Sasso is definitely a favorite over Verk but predicting a pin, when he has had so few, seems dicey. Furthermore, I think 125 is a toss up at best. Neither has been overly impressive and RBY is certainly capable of bonusing Decatur.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Where has it been reported that Berge is at the Mayo clinic? Genuinely curious.

Your Wisconsin prediction seems reasonable enough but I would say, as much of a slide as he's been on, Rasheed could still beat Christenson. 

A pin by Hall is not out of the question and neither is a major (or worse) by Lee.

The Ohio State win seems a little bit more out there though. What have you seen from Jordan that makes you think he'll beat Brooks? Sasso is definitely a favorite over Verk but predicting a pin, when he has had so few, seems dicey. Furthermore, I think 125 is a toss up at best. Neither has been overly impressive and RBY is certainly capable of bonusing Decatur.

It was reported during the Iowa dual.

Jordan just had a big win his weekend.  Verk was just pinned a dual ago.  125 is not a toss-up.  Meredith is 0-6 in Big 10 duals.  Even if Brooks wins, Verk doesn't get pinned, Meredith wins and RBY wins by major Ohio State STILL wins the dual.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It was reported during the Iowa dual.

Jordan just had a big win his weekend.  Verk was just pinned a dual ago.  125 is not a toss-up.  Meredith is 0-6 in Big 10 duals.  Even if Brooks wins, Verk doesn't get pinned, Meredith wins and RBY wins by major Ohio State STILL wins the dual.

I must have missed that during the dual.

Here's how I see things playing out with tOSU

125 : 3-0 PSU

133: 7-0 PSU

141: 7-3 PSU

149: 7-6 PSU 

157: Toss up. I'll go with Pipher 10-6 PSU

165: 13-6 PSU

174: 16-6 PSU

184: 19-6 PSU

197: 19-10 PSU

HWY: 22-10 PSU

If 125 and 157 go the other way then it is 18-16 PSU which now that I write it feels more reasonable. I don't see Sasso getting bonus against Verk but that is possible and I suppose I'm not giving Decatur enough credit. Shakur hasn't been the same guy he was 2 years ago but it's hard for me to predict him getting techfalled.

All in all, I agree that a tOSU victory is in play but I personally wouldn't pick it.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Note that it was reported Berge is at the Mayo Clinic seeking treatment.  Sounds like his condition is much worse than initially reported. 

Since you are the one who initially reported that Berge stopped breathing, what is much worse than that?  Has he turned into a radioactive zombie?

In all seriousness, I personally wish Berge all the best in health, and will not spread rumors about his medical condition.

Edited by jchapman

So people get sanctioned for discussing what was reported about Steveson to the media yet JC gets to run amock saying kid's are dead or at the mayo clinic with absolutely zero credible sourcing?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So people get sanctioned for discussing what was reported about Steveson to the media yet JC gets to run amock saying kid's are dead or at the mayo clinic with absolutely zero credible sourcing?

Check BWI Maryland match thread.  Looks like PSU announcer said it.

Probably deserves it's own thread but I don't want another PSU or Iowa thread right now...

But I wonder if we see Beard this weekend for PSU.

Rasheed missed Sunday's match and was supposedly "getting checked out."   I wouldn't be surprised if just like Conel, he's "out for the season," which is really just code for benched.

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Probably deserves it's own thread but I don't want another PSU or Iowa thread right now...

But I wonder if we see Beard this weekend for PSU.

Rasheed missed Sunday's match and was supposedly "getting checked out."   I wouldn't be surprised if just like Conel, he's "out for the season," which is really just code for benched.

Conel needs major shoulder surgery idk if that’s code for benched 

3 minutes ago, RichB said:

Cael rushed Berge back into the lineup because the money folks at PSU still think the Lehigh meet is the most important event of the season.

So let me get this straight.

In a match where PSU was already leading and favored in at least 4 of the last 5 weights they send out Berge, coming off concussion protocol, because they think they need that match to ensure victory over Lehigh? I swear, the jokes really do write themselves in this forum. 

4 hours ago, jchapman said:

Since you are the one who initially reported that Berge stopped breathing, what is much worse than that?  Has he turned into a radioactive zombie?

In all seriousness, I personally wish Berge all the best in health, and will not spread rumors about his medical condition.

He was at the Mayo Clinic getting a skin issue treated nothing to do with his concussion Jimmy Cinn is just a scumbag 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Check BWI Maryland match thread.  Looks like PSU announcer said it.

It was reported he went to the Mayo Clinic to get a skin condition cleared up, it wasn’t concussion related 

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yea I never understood that, things get shut down for talking about reported news but wild rumors about a 20 yr old kids health is fair game 

Yea I never understood that, things get shut down for talking about reported news but wild rumors about a 20 yr old kids health is fair game 

You do realize if you find something questionable, you, and any other poster has the ability to report it to get a direct set of eyes on it right?

Been a reporting function here for 10 years. Some people overuse it. Some complain and do nothing about it.

9 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Nick Lee is going to defeat Pletcher.  It will be evident Lee is the better wrestler at 141. 

I don't see Jordan defeating Brooks either.  

I wish Tom Ryan would redshirt their 125 pounder.  He has good techninque, but he is small for the division. 

I am on the Nick Lee over Luke Pletcher bandwagon as well. Three times.