Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Penn State will lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

So let me get this straight.

In a match where PSU was already leading and favored in at least 4 of the last 5 weights they send out Berge, coming off concussion protocol, because they think they need that match to ensure victory over Lehigh? I swear, the jokes really do write themselves in this forum. 

Cael sent Berge out and he has not wrestled since. Pretty strong evidence that he was not fully recovered. Cael probably also wasn't sure he was going to pull Brooks shirt at that point, or he would not have also weighed in Egsell(sp), Not that Brooks, in his first official match was a certain winner over Weiler.

Did anyone else hear Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons opine that Cassar may be back by the Big 10's?  Is there any truth to that or is it just speculation?  I have also heard some say he is retired for good and others think he may come back and wrestle again next year. 

17 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

Did anyone else hear Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons opine that Cassar may be back by the Big 10's?  Is there any truth to that or is it just speculation?  I have also heard some say he is retired for good and others think he may come back and wrestle again next year. 

I find that very hard to believe.  If there was a chance Cassar could return, why pull Nevills' redshirt?  Cael would never do something so unfair to a Nevills.

Wait......

19 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

His retirement party would have then had to have been the biggest troll job of an opposing program of all time. Imagine he comes back and wins natty title and lifts PSU over Iowa in the final match on Saturday night. Heads would explode. 

Nah, he's done. 

2 hours ago, RichB said:

Cael sent Berge out and he has not wrestled since. Pretty strong evidence that he was not fully recovered. Cael probably also wasn't sure he was going to pull Brooks shirt at that point, or he would not have also weighed in Egsell(sp), Not that Brooks, in his first official match was a certain winner over Weiler.

Its evidence he was fully cleared by the physicians and other medical staff. Your prior post, and even the one quoted here, makes it sound as if Cael Sanderson is willy nilly playing with the health and well being of his wrestlers in the name of wins and losses. If this were true he'd have wrestled Berge vs ASU and Iowa. 

Honestly .............. 3/10. 

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So people get sanctioned for discussing what was reported about Steveson to the media yet JC gets to run amock saying kid's are dead or at the mayo clinic with absolutely zero credible sourcing?

of course - Steveson is among the protected class

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It was reported he went to the Mayo Clinic to get a skin condition cleared up, it wasn’t concussion related 

Yea I never understood that, things get shut down for talking about reported news but wild rumors about a 20 yr old kids health is fair game 

that's why this particular forum and those given authority to shut some of us posters down - has the reputation it has with other wrestling forums. 

6 hours ago, JerryCallo said:

"Did anyone else hear Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons opine that Cassar may be back by the Big 10's? "

Yes, I heard that too and was surprised that comment wasnt looked into further for viability.

3 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

"Did anyone else hear Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons opine that Cassar may be back by the Big 10's? "

Yes, I heard that too and was surprised that comment wasnt looked into further for viability.

It was brought up elsewhere.   I think the answer was that they were mistaken, as he may try a comeback for Olympic trials, but not NCAA’s

On 2/2/2020 at 11:02 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm predicting PSU finishes the regular season 10-4.  They will lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State and it won't be particularly close.  Note that it was reported Berge is at the Mayo Clinic seeking treatment.  Sounds like his condition is much worse than initially reported.  He isn't coming back this year, sadly.

PSU vs Wisconsin

125 - Barnett dec Meredith 3-0 WISC

133 - Gross dec RBY 6-0 WISC

141 - Lee dec Moran 6-3 WISC

149 - Martin dec Verkleeren 9-3 WISC

157 - Scharenbrock dec Pipher 12-3 WISC

165 - Joseph dec Wick 12-6 WISC

174 - Hall maj Krattiger 12-10 WISC

184 - Brooks dec Sebastian 13-12 PSU

197 - Christiansen dec Rasheed 15-13 WISC

HWT - Hilger dec Nevills 18-13 WISC

I bet PSU can win 157 and 197, although Wick has a shot against Joseph.  I think PSU wins this one.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

PSU vs Ohio State

125 - Heinselman dec Meredith 3-0 OSU

133 - RBY dec Decatur 3-3

141 - Pletcher dec Lee 6-3 OSU

149 - Sasso FALL Verkleeren 12-3 OSU

157 - Cleary dec Pipher 15-3 OSU

165 - Joseph maj Cleary 15-7 OSU

174 - Hall dec Romero 15-11 OSU

184 - Jordan dec Brooks 18-11 OSU

197 - Moore tech Rasheed 23-11 OSU

285 - Nevills dec Traub 23-14 OSU

Do you have Hall as a major or dec?  Looks like you gave him 4

This seems more likely IMO.    I might give PSU 157, Moore only a major and Sasso a dec, but no bonus for PSU for a 16-15 tOSU win.  Obviously potential bonus are huge as is Lee/Pletcher (edit: and of course Brooks is probably favored over Jordan but I could see that going to Jordan).

Interestingly wrestlestat has PSU beating Wisconsin 24-13 and tOSU 27-7 (including Lee over Pletcher) but Pipher winning both at 157

Edited by 1032004

17 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I bet PSU can win 157 and 197, although Wick has a shot against Joseph.  I think PSU wins this one.

Do you have Hall as a major or dec?  Looks like you gave him 4

This seems more likely IMO.    I might give PSU 157, Moore only a major and Sasso a dec, but no bonus for PSU for a 16-15 tOSU win.  Obviously potential bonus are huge as is Lee/Pletcher (edit: and of course Brooks is probably favored over Jordan but I could see that going to Jordan).

Interestingly wrestlestat has PSU beating Wisconsin 24-13 and tOSU 27-7 (including Lee over Pletcher) but Pipher winning both at 157

That must have changed today. When I looked yesterday wrestlestat had Lee losing to Pletcher.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm predicting PSU finishes the regular season 10-4.  They will lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State and it won't be particularly close.  Note that it was reported Berge is at the Mayo Clinic seeking treatment.  Sounds like his condition is much worse than initially reported.  He isn't coming back this year, sadly.

PSU vs Wisconsin

125 - Barnett dec Meredith 3-0 WISC

133 - Gross dec RBY 6-0 WISC

141 - Lee dec Moran 6-3 WISC

149 - Martin dec Verkleeren 9-3 WISC

157 - Scharenbrock dec Pipher 12-3 WISC

165 - Joseph dec Wick 12-6 WISC

174 - Hall maj Krattiger 12-10 WISC

184 - Brooks dec Sebastian 13-12 PSU

197 - Christiansen dec Rasheed 15-13 WISC

HWT - Hilger dec Nevills 18-13 WISC

Scharenbrock is not that good, Hall will likely do more than major and Christiansen is not beating anyone. 

On 2/2/2020 at 10:05 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

PSU vs Ohio State

125 - Heinselman dec Meredith 3-0 OSU

133 - RBY dec Decatur 3-3

141 - Pletcher dec Lee 6-3 OSU

149 - Sasso FALL Verkleeren 12-3 OSU

157 - Cleary dec Pipher 15-3 OSU

165 - Joseph maj Cleary 15-7 OSU

174 - Hall dec Romero 15-11 OSU

184 - Jordan dec Brooks 18-11 OSU

197 - Moore tech Rasheed 23-11 OSU

285 - Nevills dec Traub 23-14 OSU

Not sure about Decatur holding to 3 although he did compete better vs  NE. Verkleeran will be in full stall mode, not much chance for a fall. If Smith is on at 165 he could keep it to 3. 

On 2/3/2020 at 10:03 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Conel needs major shoulder surgery idk if that’s code for benched 

All right after reading this quote from Cael re: Rasheed I can agree with this:

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article239960653.html?fbclid=IwAR20I7mqpphkB3wyWEpjPg1iCpJ1T2hGQhmDb--iNe4f5HkEqTm-9eKKy-A

“He’s given us great years and if he’s even close to healthy he has a chance....it’s about giving him a chance to reach his goals.”

Somewhat of an interesting juxtaposition to the Wilcke/Assad situation.

PS thank you to Cael for actually giving some insight here!  Unlike on Berge: “there’s a chance he’s back, there’s a chance he’s not back” 

I am pretty sure the Berge at the Mayo Clinic is something someone said, I think sarcastically on BWI.  Other than someone mentioning it in a thread there I haven't seen or heard anything about it.  Someone says something on a message board and then people just repeat it like it's a fact.

If I'm wrong and there is actual evidence that Berge was there for a skin issue or anything else feel free to post it.  A BWI thread is the only place I've seen it. 

Edited by StallWarning

On 2/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I find that very hard to believe.  If there was a chance Cassar could return, why pull Nevills' redshirt?  Cael would never do something so unfair to a Nevills.

Wait......

Can't Nevills use the redshirt when/while/after he transfers?

18 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

I am pretty sure the Berge at the Mayo Clinic is something someone said, I think sarcastically on BWI.  Other than someone mentioning it in a thread there I haven't seen or heard anything about it.  Someone says something on a message board and then people just repeat it like it's a fact.

If I'm wrong and there is actual evidence that Berge was there for a skin issue or anything else feel free to post it.  A BWI thread is the only place I've seen it. 

The BWI thread said it came from Byers on the broadcast.