Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

T/F: Nick Lee is the best wrestler on the PSU roster?

As shocking as it is, I say true.  I think Lee is their best guy this year.  He will have the highest bonus percentage and I think is most likely to win a title in March.  How nuts is that when you consider you have 3x finalist 1x champ Hall and 3x finalist 2x champ Joseph on the team too?

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

As shocking as it is, I say true.  I think Lee is their best guy this year.  He will have the highest bonus percentage and I think is most likely to win a title in March.  How nuts is that when you consider you have 3x finalist 1x champ Hall and 3x finalist 2x champ Joseph on the team too?

Amen. And the gauntlet that was supposed to start a week ago (with Red then Murin) starts in earnest this week. Moran, McKee, Pletcher.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Amen. And the gauntlet that was supposed to start a week ago (with Red then Murin) starts in earnest this week. Moran, McKee, Pletcher.

I read something somewhere about McKee. Did anything happen with him? 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I think Lee gets revenge against Moran.  He finishes much cleaner now and won't let Moran sit the corner on him.

Pletcher has looked godly this year.  That will be a real battle.

You mean revenge on his revenge. Everyone seems to mention Moran beating Lee last year (in SV-2), but fail to mention that Lee turned around and majored Moran in Big Tens.

And while Pletcher has looked amazing this year I still have to lean toward Lee.

The only "gauntlet" is Pletcher.  This is a 3 man weight with Lee, Pletcher and Real Woods.  The only other guy who's remotely dangerous is Demas simply because he'll crush you if you make one mistake.

Pletcher has wrestled virtually everyone at the weight already and continues to win impressively.  Lee hasn't seen as many of the top guys but it doesn't matter because anyone can see he's incredible.  

9 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

The only "gauntlet" is Pletcher.  This is a 3 man weight with Lee, Pletcher and Real Woods.  The only other guy who's remotely dangerous is Demas simply because he'll crush you if you make one mistake.

Pletcher has wrestled virtually everyone at the weight already and continues to win impressively.  Lee hasn't seen as many of the top guys but it doesn't matter because anyone can see he's incredible.  

this is pretty darn accurate. 

Nick Lee might be the best wrestler on PSU’s roster right now bc he’s been the most consistent and reliable. Goes out, puts 100% effort, gets it done. He’s also been fun to watch. Looks kind of like Jason Nolf the way he moves. 

Looking forward to his match(es) with Pletch but it’s too bad there’s no possibility of either going against Yianni this season.

1 minute ago, JerryCallo said:

I would say the best wrestler for PSU now is Vicenzo and I am not sure why he has not gotten more "Hodge Buzz".  I think Lee and Hall are close - if Lee beats Pletcher then i would put him ahead of Hall. 

Because Lee has been more dominant thusfar.

Ugh it's really tough, because I think Mark Hall has had easily the most impressive year before leading up to the Kem loss. He has almost an 80% bonus rate, and he pinned Labriola, MD Valencia, and won over Kutler. But the loss to Kem was surprising, Kem hasn't looked that dominant this year. I guess Nick Lee is the new #1 on PSU roster, but I don't think it stays that way. Wrestlestat has Mark Hall way ahead of Lee in ELO.

Edited by mg113

31 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

Nick lee is the 4th best. You have Joseph, hall, and rby who I believe are all better

Lee is better than RBY.  I fully expect Lee to make the finals at NCAAs, RBY not so much. 

Ultimately the most talented guy on PSU's squad is Hall, boring as he can be to watch. I can't stand watching him, I hate watching those stall type wrestlers, but he's got next level athletic ability that can't be taught. He'll flourish internationally after he graduates and I wouldn't be surprised to see him winning world titles, and I can't see any other current PSU guy doing that. 

Edited by TobusRex

Nick Lee is more consistent than RBY. That's the difference between them. When RBY wrestles at his very best, he is equal to Nick Lee. Lee almost never doesn't come prepared to wrestle at his best. Sometimes I feel like RBY is coasting, so to speak. He absolutely came ready vs Desanto. That version of RBY is equal to Lee, imo. But it has to be every time out. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Nick Lee is more consistent than RBY. That's the difference between them. When RBY wrestles at his very best, he is equal to Nick Lee. Lee almost never doesn't come prepared to wrestle at his best. Sometimes I feel like RBY is coasting, so to speak. He absolutely came ready vs Desanto. That version of RBY is equal to Lee, imo. But it has to be every time out. 

I think rby will make the finals, unless he is on the same side of the bracket as Rivera. I’m not sure why I feel this way, but I believe that Rivera is a bad matchup for him. I think he beats gross though 

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Lee is better than RBY.  I fully expect Lee to make the finals at NCAAs, RBY not so much. 

Ultimately the most talented guy on PSU's squad is Hall, boring as he can be to watch. I can't stand watching him, I hate watching those stall type wrestlers, but he's got next level athletic ability that can't be taught. He'll flourish internationally after he graduates and I wouldn't be surprised to see him winning world titles, and I can't see any other current PSU guy doing that. 

Just curious what makes you say he has next level athletic ability? Its easy to look like that against inferior competition. He certainly didnt show that against Kemerer who was his toughest competition this year. Which weight will he go internationally? He doesn't have the frame for 86kg. His only choice is to go 74 as far as the olympic weights are concerned. Although he is self admittedly too big for the weight. If he goes 74 I see him being top 3 on the ladder once he develops but I dont see him being a hammer like he is right now.