Jimmy Cinnabon

Kemerer went from a small 157er to a huge 174er in 1 year

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Looked like he walks around at 200+ and had 15-20 pounds on Hall when they wrestled.  Crazy how big these guys can get "naturally"

I know you're trolling but how dare you sir. How dare you besmirch Kemerer's good name.

1. He wasn't a small 157er

2. It's been 2 years since he wrestled 157

3. Jordan Kutler and Joe Smith also went from 157 to 174...are you suggesting they aren't "natural"

i've got everything but a foot and half a leg out the door on jimmy.  i really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought he actually had some decent posts but its clear that he's just closing his eyes and throwing darts without even researching the topic.

1 minute ago, Witherman said:

i've got everything but a foot and half a leg out the door on jimmy.  i really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought he actually had some decent posts but its clear that he's just closing his eyes and throwing darts without even researching the topic.

He mixes in some honest analysis to keep us guessing.

I for one love Jimmy. 

20 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

I know you're trolling but how dare you sir. How dare you besmirch Kemerer's good name.

3. Jordan Kutler and Joe Smith also went from 157 to 174...are you suggesting they aren't "natural"

Judging by the fact that Kutler didn't make 157 at EIWAs that year, it's not accurate to say he went from 157 to 174, is it?

Brian Realbuto also went from 157 to 174 between sophomore and junior years.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Looked like he walks around at 200+ and had 15-20 pounds on Hall when they wrestled.  Crazy how big these guys can get "naturally"

Strength and Conditioning coaches at colleges today are top notch at putting beef on athletes.  If an athlete has the frame for it, through proper diet (increase calories) and proper high weight/low rep weight training this can easily be done.   Many young athletes have not fully matured yet (and some have...Mark Hall?) and once you quit cutting weight and go the opposite direction (lifting and eating) it is not out of the question to jump two weight classes.

You are close to libel in accusing the kid of possibly illegal activity. Not a smart nor a good move on your part.

Growth spurts, youth and good weight training and diet make a big difference when you are young. Especially in a sport where weight management is so important. Too many may be doing long term harm with the big weight cuts involved. This wrestler may well be competing now much closer to his natural weight rather than starving and dehydrating to get down.

Quinn Kinner jumped 3 weight classes in 2 months.  Highly doubtful he is on anything.  

One of the components of athletes jumping weight classes in college is because some of them aren’t on a college strength and conditioning schedule while in HS. There is “natural weight” then there is “natural weight after strength training in college.  I have seen many guys get large because they aren’t running x-country before wrestling season when they get to college.  

3 hours ago, Erminio8 said:

Joe Smith isn't natural. He's more like an unnatural eating machine. I have full confidence if he had one more year he'd be wrestling 197 next year. 

1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

Quinn Kinner jumped 3 weight classes in 2 months.  Highly doubtful he is on anything.  

One of the components of athletes jumping weight classes in college is because some of them aren’t on a college strength and conditioning schedule while in HS. There is “natural weight” then there is “natural weight after strength training in college.  I have seen many guys get large because they aren’t running x-country before wrestling season when they get to college.  

Quinn Kinner? 

Edited by TobusRex

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Kemerer was a huge 157 and he's also not a big 174. Every report out of the Iowa room says he walks around in the low to mid 180s. 

LOL..."huge" 157 pounder :D I think we're apt to forget sometimes how small the wrestlers actually are at times. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

But before the season, people didn't think he could do it.

I can see him at 184 next year so Brands slides in at 174 and Assad gets a redshirt.