Jimmy Cinnabon

Kemerer went from a small 157er to a huge 174er in 1 year

7 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think stuff like this needs to be said because its a problem...but some programs are obviously hotbeds of this kinda stuff and Iowa is not one of them. 

Eh.  The lawyer in me finds it tough to go with baseless accusations outside of "he's bigger than he was 2 years ago".

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

IDK what you mean by this

You said you think it's important to give voice to these accusations because there are undoubtedly people using PEDs, I said I'm not comfortable with the idea of casting those kinds of aspersions at college kids with nothing to go on other than "Kemerer is bigger than he was two years ago."  Give me something beyond just an increase in size, unless there's some grotesque increase in muscle mass.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

You said you think it's important to give voice to these accusations because there are undoubtedly people using PEDs, I said I'm not comfortable with the idea of casting those kinds of aspersions at college kids with nothing to go on other than "Kemerer is bigger than he was two years ago."  Give me something beyond just an increase in size, unless there's some grotesque increase in muscle mass..

Well I was the one who defended Kemerer by pointing out that he had two years to make the jump....so why are you quoting my defense of Kemerer as if it was an attack on him?

Read the posts...

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

Well I was the one who defended Kemerer by pointing out that he had two years to make the jump....so why are you quoting my defense of Kemerer as if it was an attack on him?

Because I disagree with the part of your assertion that "stuff like this needs to be said," at least in the way it's being said here.  I'm not talking strictly about Kemerer, although I clearly disagree on that specific count.  I'm talking in general it's dangerous and unfair to put that label on these kids in a non-revenue sport.  I'm sure there are guys on the gas, but I don't agree with just spouting out the claims without something to point to other then growth.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Because I disagree with the part of your assertion that "stuff like this needs to be said," at least in the way it's being said here.  I'm not talking strictly about Kemerer, although I clearly disagree on that specific count.  I'm talking in general it's dangerous and unfair to put that label on these kids in a non-revenue sport.  I'm sure there are guys on the gas, but I don't agree with just spouting out the claims without something to point to other then growth.

So we can't talk about it....this isn't a courtroom dude.

btw you are still flatly wrong because you quoted my defense of Kdawg as if I was attacking him.
You saying I'm flatly wrong doesn't make it true. Your post contained a general and a specific point. I agree with your specific one and disagree with your general one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

You saying I'm flatly wrong doesn't make it true. Your post contained a general and a specific point. I agree with your specific one and disagree with your general one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You quoted my point about Kemerer being innocent as if I said he was guilty. You were not paying attention.

20 hours ago, Boompa said:

But before the season, people didn't think he could do it.

I can see him at 184 next year so Brands slides in at 174 and Assad gets a redshirt.

I think Kemerer is a clear favorite to win it all next year at 174. I wouldn't mess with that.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, klehner said:

Judging by the fact that Kutler didn't make 157 at EIWAs that year, it's not accurate to say he went from 157 to 174, is it?

Brian Realbuto also went from 157 to 174 between sophomore and junior years.

Kutler did wrestle at 157 that year before he missed weight, so technically he did go from 157 to 174, but I get your point.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Jimmy is one of the best there is here, and I've even seen his name mentioned favorably in other forums. 

The OG's on this forum are drafting responses, not favorable ones... 

Those of us who actually cut a lot of weight season after season to make a specific weight class back in the day know just how easy it is to put on the pounds during the off season – even within 30 days. Guys like Kemerer and Cassar shot up so quickly to their more natural weight consistent for their frame size then added weightlifting to solidify that new mass. 

Today there are all kinds of weightlifting and calisthenic techniques to gain mass fast.