Jimmy Cinnabon

Kemerer went from a small 157er to a huge 174er in 1 year

17 hours ago, Erminio8 said:

I think Kemerer is a clear favorite to win it all next year at 174. I wouldn't mess with that.

He might win it this year.  His win over Hall was not a fluke.   His situational wrestling skills might be the best in the country.  

Edited by silvermedal

16 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

He might win it this year.  His win over Hall was not a fluke.   His situational wrestling skills might be the best in the country.  

I'm calling Hall wins the next 2 with relative ease.

TobusRex - I thought OG was original grappler.

8 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

"Relative ease?"  You believe that or want to believe it? 

Hall is a badass no doubt about it. Kem though wrestled really well.  Do you believe Hall wrestled a 'bad' match?  Not looking to jump, just curious.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:02 PM, tec87 said:

tenor.gif

And just like most of his other threads, Jimmy drops a ridiculous thread topic and scurries off without returning to address the responses.

I like Jimmys threads but I have to say using a tumbleweef gif to emphasize scurrying off actually made me laugh out loud! 

15 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Those of us who actually cut a lot of weight season after season to make a specific weight class back in the day know just how easy it is to put on the pounds during the off season – even within 30 days. Guys like Kemerer and Cassar shot up so quickly to their more natural weight consistent for their frame size then added weightlifting to solidify that new mass. 

Today there are all kinds of weightlifting and calisthenic techniques to gain mass fast. 

I didn't realize Cassar moved up quickly.  Thought his move up was over 4-5 years as Bo kept bumping him up in weight classes.

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

TobusRex - I thought OG was original grappler.

Ok.  You make that call.  But will you publicly own being wrong when Hall gets beat again?  

I am sure Cael will help Hall make adjustments.  But Kemmerer is a bad-ss when it comes to reacting to good attacks.  And he made some beautiful adjustments as the match went on.  This wasn't an overconfident Logan Stieber getting caught on bottom vs frosh Retherford.  This was one guy having a lot of answers for everything his opponent did.  I think you're underrating just how good Kemmerer is.  I didn't know either until I saw this match.  He's made a big leap in my opinion.

Edited by silvermedal

4 hours ago, Mphillips said:

"Relative ease?"  You believe that or want to believe it? 

Hall is a badass no doubt about it. Kem though wrestled really well.  Do you believe Hall wrestled a 'bad' match?  Not looking to jump, just curious.

Yes, I believe 2 things happened in the first sequence that really shaped the rest of the match.  One, is that it was super close to starting out 6-0 Hall.  If that happens, he rolls to victory.  He was forced to push from behind and made other mistakes afterwards.

The other thing is that he seemed to completely wear himself out with that first throw and believe he will make adjustments / not be so aggressive as to wear himself out.  This will result in a tactical, controlled victory for Hall in their next meeting.

Either that or he will execute fully the big move early, resulting in a 6-0 lead or fall.

No disrespect to Kemerer, he is awesome and I expect him to be in the finals of both big tens and NCAA's.  I just hope that if Hall beats Kemerer at big tens, that they don't end up 2 and 3 seed opposite Kutler.  This shouldn't happen since Hall beat Kutler but isn't that how Cassar and Gable ended up on same side?

Edited by Mokoma
Fixed a few typos

9 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Ok.  You make that call.  But will you publicly own being wrong when Hall gets beat again?  

I am sure Cael will help Hall make adjustments.  But Kemmerer is a bad-ss when it comes to reacting to good attacks.  And he made some beautiful adjustments as the match went on.  This wasn't an overconfident Logan Stieber getting caught on bottom vs frosh Retherford.  This was one guy having a lot of answers for everything his opponent did.  

Yep, I've been wrong before and might be wrong again.  It's just a prediction, mostly based on that first 30 seconds, that ended up going in Kemerer's favor, big time.

43 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Yep, I've been wrong before and might be wrong again.  It's just a prediction, mostly based on that first 30 seconds, that ended up going in Kemerer's favor, big time.

Agree.  Hall nailed that throw.  Would have been worth 5 points in freestyle.  

10 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Agree.  Hall nailed that throw.  Would have been worth 5 points in freestyle.  

Considering this was a folkstyle match, I would go with he "almost" nailed that throw.  He probably should have been awarded at least with a takedown, and I feel like some refs would have been swiping already, although it wasn't long enough for a 2 count.  

6 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Considering this was a folkstyle match, I would go with he "almost" nailed that throw.  He probably should have been awarded at least with a takedown, and I feel like some refs would have been swiping already, although it wasn't long enough for a 2 count.  

I personally thought ref should've been indicating & counting danger back position, which could've resulted in the 2 takedown.  But being in Carver ref not getting any encouragement from fans to jump on that, plus just had the ice cream break and no one moves fast after ice cream. ;)

6 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

It was probably the best big move I've seen this season.  I think having double unders made it too difficult to control when they hit the mat.  

You may be right that Hall wins moving forward.  I'm sure he's going to be very smart about what he does and doesn't do.  I'd expect low scoring bouts.  

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Yes, I believe 2 things happened in the first sequence that really shaped the rest of the match.  One, is that it was super close to starting out 6-0 Hall.  If that happens, he rolls to victory.  He was forced to push from behind and made other mistakes afterwards.

The other thing is that he seemed to completely wear himself out with that first throw and believe he will make adjustments / not be so aggressive as to wear himself out.  This will result in a tactical, controlled victory for Hall in their next meeting.

Either that or he will execute fully the big move early, resulting in a 6-0 lead or fall.

No disrespect to Kemerer, he is awesome and I expect him to be in the finals of both big tens and NCAA's.  I just hope that if Hall beats Kemerer at big tens, that they don't end up 2 and 3 seed opposite Kutler.  This shouldn't happen since Hall beat Kutler but isn't that how Cassar and Gable ended up on same side?

Arguing he wore himself out with that firs throw when he got:  A: a very slick reversal shortly afterwards; and B. a solid takedown also is being disingenuous.  Especially when the throw happened in the first 20 seconds and he only had the grip locked for like 5 seconds.  If he's "wearing himself out" after that, he's got other problems to worry about.

People who think Kemerer is on juice are nuts and have clearly never been a part of the D1 strength and conditioning program. The S&C coaches at most places have bachelors degrees in exercise science, and masters degree in kinesiology at a minimum. The best S&C coaches are crazy smart, experts in their field and are fantastic at tailoring programs to get results individually.  

Look at the gains high school football players make in the first year they get to college. Why is hard to believe that wrestlers can't do the same, when it is wildly accepted that wrestlers are some of the most dedicated athletes who push themselves the hardest?  

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Arguing he wore himself out with that firs throw when he got:  A: a very slick reversal shortly afterwards; and B. a solid takedown also is being disingenuous.  Especially when the throw happened in the first 20 seconds and he only had the grip locked for like 5 seconds.  If he's "wearing himself out" after that, he's got other problems to worry about.

Did you watch the match?  I'm not saying he gave up, but he wrestled differently than normal.  His head was down most of the remainder of the match and he didn't show his usual fire or explosiveness from that point on out.

We will see what happens next match.  You're entitled to any opinion you want, but mine is that he will win a fairly controlled match at big tens.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

Did you watch the match?  I'm not saying he gave up, but he wrestled differently than normal.  His head was down most of the remainder of the match and he didn't show his usual fire or explosiveness from that point on out.

We will see what happens next match.  You're entitled to any opinion you want, but mine is that he will win a fairly controlled match at big tens.

I'm not commenting on who will win the matchup going forward, I think it is fairly even, but if your position is thatHall wore himself out within 23 seconds of the match starting, you should be very concerned about his ability to win the matchup going forward.

I'm not commenting on who will win the matchup going forward, I think it is fairly even, but if your position is thatHall wore himself out within 23 seconds of the match starting, you should be very concerned about his ability to win the matchup going forward.

Did you think he had his normal power the rest of the match?  He seemed off to me.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

Did you watch the match?  I'm not saying he gave up, but he wrestled differently than normal.

Yes, but only in that he lost. He hit a slick throw, a nice single, and a perfectly timed ankle pick. Its almost like you refuse to believe Hall could have lost to Kem without there being something wrong. 

Just now, Mokoma said:

Did you think he had his normal power the rest of the match?  He seemed off to me.

I think he just ran into a more prepared wrestler.  He did start to look a little tired in the second, but up until then, he looked fine to me.  His TD in the first was pretty much vintage Mark Hall.

Just now, russelscout said:

Yes, but only in that he lost. He hit a slick throw, a nice single, and a perfectly timed ankle pick. Its almost like you refuse to believe Hall could have lost to Kem without there being something wrong. 

Are you referring to the perfectly timed ankle pick and slick throw that resulted in a total of zero points?

I think he just ran into a more prepared wrestler.  He did start to look a little tired in the second, but up until then, he looked fine to me.  His TD in the first was pretty much vintage Mark Hall.

That's all I'm saying.  I'm not saying he was sick or using excuses, just that he might have been more worn out and that he will (hopefully) make the correct adjustments moving forward in their next match.