Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Does RBY's "win" over Desanto count for B10 seeding?

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I don’t think he was ever award those takedowns. 

He got a takedown on the counter blast then was awarded a takedown on the second cradle. Should have gotten a takedown with the first cradle as well, but that’s a whole other debate. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

He got a takedown on the counter blast then was awarded a takedown on the second cradle. Should have gotten a takedown with the first cradle as well, but that’s a whole other debate. 

Ok, I didn’t know they gave him two on that last one.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

You can make a move starting from the position rby employs, you just have to be quick. Btw, Seth Gross and at least one other good wrestler now employ this technique. It is effective and points can certainly be scored from it. Rby used it the other nite and he was all over Desanto when it mattered.

I'm not going to argue it. People are missing the main point of what I said.  I was trying to be complimentary to RBY.  I think Desanto got a little cocky and RBY was not intimdated in the least.  The cradle as single leg defence was brilliant and I credit Young and Cael. 

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

I'm not going to argue it. People are missing the main point of what I said.  I was trying to be complimentary to RBY.  I think Desanto got a little cocky and RBY was not intimdated in the least.  The cradle as single leg defence was brilliant and I credit Young and Cael. 

I agree with your post here one hundred percent. 

15 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You are using the word "technically" incorrectly. Technically the injury default DOES count as a win. Spiritually it may not for some, but technically it does.

the word “technically” is literally misused a billion times a day on this forum.

17 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I had an archrival in HS. He was 5-0 against me. Tall, lanky kid with a hefty brace on his right leg. Naturally, stupidly aggressive wrestler that I was I'd go for that leg every time we wrestled. Pretty sure, in retrospect, that guy had NOTHING wrong with his knee!

GrampaRex didn't teach you not to fall for the fake knee brace trick?

29 minutes ago, Cruiser94 said:

I am pretty sure if the wrestler starts the match and can not finish due to injury, it is counted as a loss.

But, in a tournament setting. If wrestler is injured and Med FF's in the consi's I don't think it counts.

If you step on the mat and the starting whistle blows, the match counts.  PERIOD.  Whether 1 second goes off the clock or all 7 minutes.  There is a loser and a winner.  The REAL issue is how the rankers and inevitably the seeding committee will weigh that loss/win.  

For instance, Nolf was winning his match before the injury default.  He had also owned his opponent, other than that result.  As such, it is much more likely that result will get much less value than a "normal" loss, simply due to common sense.

Now, in this instance, RBY was winning prior to the injury default and there are no other head to head results for this season.  As such, there is NO WAY that RBY would not be put ahead of DeSanto, barring a crazy run of bad losses by RBY(which I don't see happening).

23 hours ago, MSU158 said:

If you step on the mat and the starting whistle blows, the match counts.  PERIOD.  Whether 1 second goes off the clock or all 7 minutes.  There is a loser and a winner.  The REAL issue is how the rankers and inevitably the seeding committee will weigh that loss/win.  

For instance, Nolf was winning his match before the injury default.  He had also owned his opponent, other than that result.  As such, it is much more likely that result will get much less value than a "normal" loss, simply due to common sense.

Now, in this instance, RBY was winning prior to the injury default and there are no other head to head results for this season.  As such, there is NO WAY that RBY would not be put ahead of DeSanto, barring a crazy run of bad losses by RBY(which I don't see happening).

Nolf was winning but he did get taken down first and I believe was only up 5-4 at time of injury in a scramble.  That match was much more competitive than RBY / Desanto in their limited action in my opinion.

That being said, I am confident Nolf would have won the match with no injury.  Was this the same dual meet where Bo also nearly lost?  I know he had a very close match against Rutgers one year to an opponent that was not on his level.