Sign in to follow this  
MonagFam

Is there any path for US Freestyle/GR wrestlers that does not go through the NCAA?

22 minutes ago, maligned said:

LJB, I mostly find your straightforward thoughts harmless and good contributions to the discussion. I agree with your comments most of the time. But what people who say, "I'm just not afraid to tell the truth and others are" are really saying is, "I care more about my message landing flush than I do about giving any respect cues to the people receiving it."   You're confusing honesty with lack of desire to show respect in culturally normal ways. It's possible to be very honest and also to show respect. 

of course it is... but you can also do that without lying to someone...

you guys are acting like i go up to HS kid and tell him he sucks at wrestling... that would be ridiculous, but, that is immediately where some go to because there feelings get roughed up when i acknowledge that the vast majority of HS wrestling is just bad wrestling... well, it is... i have no problem telling a coach that the wrestling is awful overall... i have no problem telling a parent that the wrestling is awful overall... i also have no problem telling a kid that what they did on the mat while even though it may have worked is a chump move and would never fly on the national level...

example- a wrestler on my kids team who was decent at the local level... enough to qualify for state a couple of times... even made it to the finals his senior year, so, not a fish... he would constantly hit a 3/4 stack on new wrestlers and pin them in duals... i would harrass him constantly about it... it became a joke... he even taught it to my kid as a freshmen who hit it in a dual on a poor hapless kid and they both pointed to me in the stands... it was all good and fun... his parents would tell me how he pinned 75% of his opponents he ever wrestled like that (all in state at HS duals)... i just shook my head while saying it is a chump move... try it in the semis of a real tourney... of state... of super 32... not gonna happen... it is a chump move and if you rely on it you will come up short when it matters...

how about a front quarter? why any coach would teach any kid that move is beyond me... you know why they do it? because you can beat 8 year olds with it... you can win a trophy when it doesn't matter one little bit... it is horrible technique... i have no problem telling any parent or coach that that is weak and they should never teach it...

i go on, but, it is redundant... promoting bad wrestling just because you claim anything else is "bad" for the sport is ridiculous... 

I don't understand people that don't already have LJB on mute. He is the definition of toxic.

Not to mention... he doesn't know.... how to construct... sentences.... without using... lots of.... elipses...

8 hours ago, lost said:

I don't understand people that don't already have LJB on mute. He is the definition of toxic.

Not to mention... he doesn't know.... how to construct... sentences.... without using... lots of.... elipses...

I just found this comment funny cuz....obviously....you don’t. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:18 PM, LJB said:

of course it is... but you can also do that without lying to someone...

you guys are acting like i go up to HS kid and tell him he sucks at wrestling... that would be ridiculous, but, that is immediately where some go to because there feelings get roughed up when i acknowledge that the vast majority of HS wrestling is just bad wrestling... well, it is... i have no problem telling a coach that the wrestling is awful overall... i have no problem telling a parent that the wrestling is awful overall... i also have no problem telling a kid that what they did on the mat while even though it may have worked is a chump move and would never fly on the national level...

example- a wrestler on my kids team who was decent at the local level... enough to qualify for state a couple of times... even made it to the finals his senior year, so, not a fish... he would constantly hit a 3/4 stack on new wrestlers and pin them in duals... i would harrass him constantly about it... it became a joke... he even taught it to my kid as a freshmen who hit it in a dual on a poor hapless kid and they both pointed to me in the stands... it was all good and fun... his parents would tell me how he pinned 75% of his opponents he ever wrestled like that (all in state at HS duals)... i just shook my head while saying it is a chump move... try it in the semis of a real tourney... of state... of super 32... not gonna happen... it is a chump move and if you rely on it you will come up short when it matters...

how about a front quarter? why any coach would teach any kid that move is beyond me... you know why they do it? because you can beat 8 year olds with it... you can win a trophy when it doesn't matter one little bit... it is horrible technique... i have no problem telling any parent or coach that that is weak and they should never teach it...

i go on, but, it is redundant... promoting bad wrestling just because you claim anything else is "bad" for the sport is ridiculous... 

I believe some guy named Sadulaev beat some guy named Snyder recently with a middle school trick move.