Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

European Championship - Feb 10-16

Russia announced thier team for European Championship to be held from Feb 10-16 

Azamat Tuskayev (57 kg, Alania), Alexander Bogomoev (61 kg, Buryatia), Kurban Shiraev (65 kg, Dagestan), Israil Kasumov (70 kg, Krasnoyarsk), Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov (74 kg), Magomed Ramazanov (79 kg, both Dagestan), Arthur Nayfonov (86 kg), Batyrbek Tsakulov (92 kg, both Alania), Sadulaev (97kg) and  Baldan Tsyzhipov (125 kg).

I am particularly interested in Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov (74 kg) to see how he performs. He expressed his desire to be Olympian this year,  curious to see how his performance place a role in Russia’s 74kg rep for Tokyo

I believe that it doesn't matter who wins the European Championships (at 57, 74 and 97), for Uguev, Sidakov and Sadulaev have been very consistent and Tedeev said that the olympic hopefuls must have shown their success in the Olympic cycle.  Gazimagomedov can definitely win a medal at 74, but I don't know if he beats Burroughs (or maybe Dake)

I think Chamizo beats Gazimagomedov, though.  I hope Tuskaev, Naifonov and Sadulaev (of course) will get gold.  But these European championships aren't as strong as they were last year, or the year before.  The best of Azerbaijan will not be there, same with Russia in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, sidakova4991 said:

I believe that it doesn't matter who wins the European Championships (at 57, 74 and 97), for Uguev, Sidakov and Sadulaev have been very consistent and Tedeev said that the olympic hopefuls must have shown their success in the Olympic cycle.  Gazimagomedov can definitely win a medal at 74, but I don't know if he beats Burroughs (or maybe Dake)

I think Chamizo beats Gazimagomedov, though.  I hope Tuskaev, Naifonov and Sadulaev (of course) will get gold.  But these European championships aren't as strong as they were last year, or the year before.  The best of Azerbaijan will not be there, same with Russia in my opinion.  

So how does Gadzimagomedov do against you?  :D

What about Gadzhimagomedov? Is he still injured? Retired? Does he have a shot at Olympic spot at 74kg?

Last question: So you think Uguev will be the 57kg Russian Olympic entry or does Tuskaev still have a shot at the Olympic spot, especially if he dominates Euro's?

Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

So how does Gadzimagomedov do against you?  :D

What about Gadzhimagomedov? Is he still injured? Retired? Does he have a shot at Olympic spot at 74kg?

Last question: So you think Uguev will be the 57kg Russian Olympic entry or does Tuskaev still have a shot at the Olympic spot, especially if he dominates Euro's?

Thanks in advance.  

I would be up 8-0 within the first 30 seconds, and proceed to pin him with a spladle.  lol

Gadzhimagomedov can make 74kg, although he didn't look very impressive at the Ivan Yarygin, he lost 1*-1 against Ramazanov (who was equally as unimpressive as Akhmed).  

Although, I am sure the Olympic squad is confirmed for 57, 74 and of course 97; Gazimagomedov is the second best, Zhamalov (up and coming) has olympic potential for 2024.  

Uguev is our best guy at 57, no other guys in his weight class (in Russia) really come close.  Tuskaev has defeated Uguev before; although, Uguev exacted revenge last year.  Uguev should be our guy at 57; otherwise, we'd be screwed out of a medal at 57 (although Tuskaev has a decent shot).

On 2/8/2020 at 9:30 AM, sidakova4991 said:

What is the reason for Azerbaijan not sending their best?

3 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

What is the reason for Azerbaijan not sending their best?

I assume that they are going through some early national-team training camps.  Aliyev, Gostiev, Sharifov and Amiraslanov (I presume he is their best at 57 because he beat Uguev and won the European games) are all void at these European Championships.  They will probably send their team to some ranking series, like Dan Petrov or the cup in Poland.

Men's Freestyle starting tomorrow (Friday Italy time, Thursday night US time), brackets released in UWW site

Interesting Matches:

74kg

Frank Chamizo vs Soner Demirtas (TUR) - first round match

M. Gazimagomedov (RUS) vs Atantil Kentchadze (GEO) - probable 2nd round

Finals - I think it will be M. Gazimagomedov (RUS) vs either Chamizo or Demirtas.

97kg

bottom half fully loaded with Sadulaev, Gadzhieyv (AZE), Odikadze (GEO), Khramiankou (BLR), where as top half with no major names.

Sadulaev will probably sweep through!

65kg

Kinche vs Ismail Musukaev (Russian import in HUN) - probable semi final match

Finals - Shirave (RUS) vs Ismail Musukaev (HUN) or Kinche (GEO)

Sadulaev almost got pinned by the Turk with a cradle, twice, in the first round. He managed to get out of it, but it was very close to being called. He won handily after coming back from 4-0. 

Micic got launched for a 4 pointer right off the bat by Atli of Turkey, and then battled back but fell short. 

3 hours ago, 77again said:

Sadulaev almost got pinned by the Turk with a cradle, twice, in the first round. He managed to get out of it, but it was very close to being called. He won handily after coming back from 4-0. 

Micic got launched for a 4 pointer right off the bat by Atli of Turkey, and then battled back but fell short. 

Wow! @maligned mentioned this in another thread too so I checked out this one to see if there’s a video of the match. I hope the UWW posts it up on YouTube.

EDIT: thanks to @cjc007 for posting it:

Edited by pamela

The UWW has a nice highlight clip of another Sadulaev match. Sad was going for an inside trip while Nurov had over-unders and used the backwards momentum to take Sadulaev off his feet & over. I don’t think he scored off of the move though. 

That sequence was like the World level version of a Cenzo & Marinelli match, haha.

Edited by pamela

4 hours ago, 77again said:

I thought it was a pin. 

I haven't gotten to watch these yet, but there were a couple of results at 65kg that caught my eye:

1/8:  Ali RAHIMZADE (AZE) df. Vladimer KHINCHEGASHVILI (GEO) by VPO, 7 - 0
1/4:  Niurgun SKRIABIN (BLR) df. Iszmail MUSZUKAJEV (HUN) by VSU1, 10 - 0
1/2:  Niurgun SKRIABIN (BLR) df. Ali RAHIMZADE (AZE) by VPO1, 5 - 1

17 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I haven't gotten to watch these yet, but there were a couple of results at 65kg that caught my eye:

1/8:  Ali RAHIMZADE (AZE) df. Vladimer KHINCHEGASHVILI (GEO) by VPO, 7 - 0
1/4:  Niurgun SKRIABIN (BLR) df. Iszmail MUSZUKAJEV (HUN) by VSU1, 10 - 0
1/2:  Niurgun SKRIABIN (BLR) df. Ali RAHIMZADE (AZE) by VPO1, 5 - 1

wow

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Simmons is there, was matside.  He says no.  Probably a better view than all of us I'm guessing

you can't get  a much better view of it than the clip...

anyone who thinks that was anywhere close to being a pin should probably just cut their own head off...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

you can't get  a much better view of it than the clip...

anyone who thinks that was anywhere close to being a pin should probably just cut their own head off...

While I agree it was a pin, can't really agree with either of your two points here.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Simmons is there, was matside.  He says no.  Probably a better view than all of us I'm guessing

Yeah. After rewatching it I changed my mind. My initial post was as much to say that I have seen very quick pins and this reminds me of those kinds if pins. But its probably more just that its close.

Edited by TBar1977

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah. After rewatching it I changed my mind. My initial post was as much to say that I have seen very quick pins and this reminds me of those kinds if pins. But its probably more just that its close.

Rockin back and forth will never get it, even if shoulder blades do happen to touch at the same time.  You gotta..."stick" it