TBar1977

Facundo to Penn State

5 minutes ago, VAtoSC said:

I really like his attacking style, very slick on his feet. Question for me is can he be a 165lber in college? PSU seems set at 174, 184, and 197 the next few years with Starocci, Brooks, and Beard. 

Well, he (and the PSU staff) must believe it or else he probably doesn't choose Penn State. Guessing Joe Lee goes back down to 157. 

Edited by TBar1977

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Well, he must believe it or else he probably doesn't choose Penn State. 

Could be a scary group of upperweights for them if he can. I have to imagine with his wingspan, he can be devastating with the Cael ankle pick. 

2 minutes ago, VAtoSC said:

Could be a scary group of upperweights for them if he can. I have to imagine with his wingspan, he can be devastating with the Cael ankle pick. 

Yeah, and the one thing we should all know by now is that Cael Sanderson has a plan and can bring it to fruition. No need to worry about anything because it will all work out in the end. 

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, and the one thing we should all know by now is that Cael Sanderson has a plan and can bring it to fruition. No need to worry about anything because it will all work out in the end. 

Very good pickup.

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to work the Kerkvliet/Nevills situation over the next several years!

11 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Very good pickup.

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to work the Kerkvliet/Nevills situation over the next several years!

With Olympic and regular redshirts available I believe if they wanted they could go Nevilles in 2021 with kerk regular redshirt, kerk 2022, Nevills redshirt, best man wins loser sits 2023, kerk Olympic rs Nevills starts 2024, kerk 2025

31 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I read that at sarcasm but then I saw who posted it and was like whaaaaat?

Probably a bitter pill for Metcalf and ISU to swallow...would’ve thought he had the inside track. 

Lots of ways Cael can work all these upper weights into the lineup. Facundo won’t be on PSU’s roster until the 2022 (tournament) season, or 2023 if he red/grey shirts. That’ll be Brooks last year of eligibility. If Facundo grows into a 184 pounder (my best guess) he could take a grey then redshirt while waiting for Brooks to finish. 

10 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

With Olympic and regular redshirts available I believe if they wanted they could go Nevilles in 2021 with kerk regular redshirt, kerk 2022, Nevills redshirt, best man wins loser sits 2023, kerk Olympic rs Nevills starts 2024, kerk 2025

Dont forget can always send one of them off for a 2 year mission and then return. ;)

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You don't think Cael Sanderson has a plan he can bring to fruition? Ha ha. 

I think he can, yes, but even bleed-blue-and-white PSU fans acknowledge that things don’t always work out according to plan.

39 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

From a fixed point in time, Penn State Wrestling will extend endlessly into the future!  

18 minutes ago, pamela said:

I think he can, yes, but even bleed-blue-and-white PSU fans acknowledge that things don’t always work out according to plan.

I acknowledge that too. Saying it will all work out in the end leaves open the possibility PSU doesn't win every year. Them winning all the time isn't my benchmark for success. 

51 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Kerkvliet stuff is very confusing... but isn't this year his "redshirt?"

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

I read that he qualified for an Olympic this year ,so he still has 4 years eligibility plus a redshirt 

So do you only get one Olympic year, no?  So does that change the plan for 2024? 

And did he apply for his Olympic year early enough?  Back in October, the plan was for him to suit up for Ohio State and wrestle as a true freshman, correct?

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

So do you only get one Olympic year, no?  So does that change the plan for 2024? 

And did he apply for his Olympic year early enough?  Back in October, the plan was for him to suit up for Ohio State and wrestle as a true freshman, correct?

The plan is always changing, but

there is always a plan.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

That is some serious man love right there.  I could go further but my comments would probably be deemed too homophobic.

5 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

You can take multiple Olympic redshirts. It is very rare.