TBar1977

Facundo to Penn State

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Gotta wonder what this means for Berge's health, especially if the assumption is Joe Lee to 157.

He could be a 2023 red shirt freshman with no gray shirt year. I think it says nothing about Berge's health.

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, I believe Micic is famously taking his second redshirt year, and presumably getting ready to take his oldest child to high school ;)

I think Mason Manville might also be on his second, but not sure.

39 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

That is the 2nd big Michigan high schooler to commit to PSU.  Austin Boone(Lowell HS) is going to be really good as well.  He just beat Voinovich at the Brecksville tourney about a month ago.

Boone also has a win over highly touted PIAA Champ and NC State recruit Ed Scott.

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, I believe Micic is famously taking his second redshirt year, and presumably getting ready to take his oldest child to high school ;)

Reasonable rule would be one ORSY per nation per sport per gender

19 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Truly I hope so, but I thought a PSU guy above said something about Lee to 165 next year?

I think there are a lot of PSU fans trying to figure out how to compete with your Hawks next year. It is all conjecture by people with no more info than you. It is a good problem to have if you're coaching PSU.

Just now, 82bordeaux said:

I think there are a lot of PSU fans trying to figure out how to compete with your Hawks next year. It is all conjecture by people with no more info than you. It is a good problem to have if you're coaching PSU.

I meant Lee to 157.  Sorry about that confusion.

12 minutes ago, RichB said:

Reasonable rule would be one ORSY per nation per sport per gender

so FS, GR, and could a wrestler take an ORS for say kick boxing, fencing, water polo, dance, etc etc and then times how many genders? ;)

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, I saw that match linked above. You should try to watch the match with Scott. Its on Flo. Boone is really good on the mat. 

One thing he is used to is winning.  If team and individual titles are the #1 priority I have to admit, picking PSU makes sense.  He is on pace to win 4 Individual Titles and 4 Team Titles at Lowell.   I have watched him wrestle a bunch, going back several years.  He isn't very flashy, but he is VERY fundamentally sound and super tough.

This is definitely a case of the "rich getting richer".

6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

One thing he is used to is winning.  If team and individual titles are the #1 priority I have to admit, picking PSU makes sense.  He is on pace to win 4 Individual Titles and 4 Team Titles at Lowell.   I have watched him wrestle a bunch, going back several years.  He isn't very flashy, but he is VERY fundamentally sound and super tough.

This is definitely a case of the "rich getting richer".

With all the PSU injury issues this year I was wondering where the next guys to fill 149 and 157 were coming from and Boone and Facundo give PSU plenty of options with their future line ups. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

So do you only get one Olympic year, no?  So does that change the plan for 2024? 

And did he apply for his Olympic year early enough?  Back in October, the plan was for him to suit up for Ohio State and wrestle as a true freshman, correct?

Micic is on his second Olympic year.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

so FS, GR, and could a wrestler take an ORS for say kick boxing, fencing, water polo, dance, etc etc and then times how many genders? ;)

Well Judo and Wrestling. A couple wrestlers have done ORSY for Judo. Wessel Lehigh, Someone from Brown

Of course, what if one does an LDS mission, then Becomes a JW. Another couple of Mission years?