Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking bets about PSU vs Wisconsin tonight

speaking of the non 4NF

what changed?

he stroked... stopped...then started... the position never really changed until the reversal...

should have been 4

but it doesn't matter... ended up right

however if gross continues the take my leg style he will lose when it counts 

11 minutes ago, jross said:

Nah, one does not get NF when the defender's shoulders are laying on your chest rather than the mat.

People don’t seem to realize that after a second or 2 it went from a gross spadle to rby Almost In a Peterson position 

I think the 2 NF was correct if you rewatch the match gross loses control pretty quickly and is on his back more then rby is

hopefully these 2 wrestle two more times this year but that was a great match last night 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

People don’t seem to realize that after a second or 2 it went from a gross spadle to rby Almost In a Peterson position 

I think the 2 NF was correct if you rewatch the match gross loses control pretty quickly and is on his back more then rby is

hopefully these 2 wrestle two more times this year but that was a great match last night 

RBY never had a “Peterson position.”   I don’t hate the 2 call since there was probably a slight change in the angle, but wouldn’t have seen an issue if he got the 4.

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

RBY never had a “Peterson position.”   I don’t hate the 2 call since there was probably a slight change in the angle, but wouldn’t have seen an issue if he got the 4.

Actually right before the reversal is awarded and around the time bono goes to throw the brick rby pressures into gross, breaks free and hooks gross leg while gross is on his back, then gross eventually turns down, so yea if you watch it was very close to Peterson position 

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Actually right before the reversal is awarded and around the time bono goes to throw the brick rby pressures into gross, breaks free and hooks gross leg while gross is on his back, then gross eventually turns down, so yea if you watch it was very close to Peterson position 

He put one arm on the other side of Gross’s body while he was still in essentially the same position.  Not even close to a Peterson IMO.

35 minutes ago, GockeS said:

speaking of the non 4NF

what changed?

he stroked... stopped...then started... the position never really changed until the reversal...

should have been 4

Looking closer, there should be zero near-fall points.  RBY is not on his elbows.  His shoulder or scapula or head are not touching the mat.  Never are both shoulders or both scapulae held within 4 inches of the mat for a 2 count.  The ref could have called anywhere from 0-4 points and folks would be scratching their heads.  From a distance, it looks like 2 or 4 NF.  A closer look seems like 0 NF to me.

Section 5. Near Fall
Art. 1. Near Fall Criteria. A near fall is a position in which the offensive wrestler has the opponent in a controlled pinning situation in which any one of the following three criteria are met:

• a. The defensive wrestler is held in a high bridge or on both elbows;
  • b. Any part of one shoulder or scapula, or the head is touching the mat and the other shoulder or scapula is held at an angle of 45 degrees or less to the mat; or
  • c. Any part of both shoulders or both scapulae are held within four inches of the mat.

q7XA6G.gif

RBY came very close to a couple more TD's last nite. I realize that close is not the same thing as finished, especially with a guy like Gross. As noted above, he is really improving his game. Desanto gave him one look and feel, and Gross gave him a totally different look and feel and he was ready both matches. 

Edited by TBar1977

I'm not sure why posters are so high on either RBY or Gross in terms of international competition. Both are excellent at what they do and in folkstyle, but all that scrambling and rolining around are gonna kill them in a freestyle match. And yeah, of course they won't do that in a freestyle match - so you take that away from them and what exactly makes them so special in the international styles? Great folkstyle wrestling but...think it through before anointing them king of anything beyond folkstyle.

4 minutes ago, npope said:

I'm not sure why posters are so high on either RBY or Gross in terms of international competition. Both are excellent at what they do and in folkstyle, but all that scrambling and rolining around are gonna kill them in a freestyle match. And yeah, of course they won't do that in a freestyle match - so you take that away from them and what exactly makes them so special in the international styles? Great folkstyle wrestling but...think it through before anointing them king of anything beyond folkstyle.

RBY was a U23 Trials runner up in 2018, then finished runner up at Junior Open and runner up at Junior Challenge Trials bracket, so he's beating a lot of guys in freestyle. NLWC can sharpen up some of those loose ends.

Gross beat a ton of top ranked guys last September.

I wouldn't rule either of them out. 

3 hours ago, jross said:

Looking closer, there should be zero near-fall points.  RBY is not on his elbows.  His shoulder or scapula or head are not touching the mat.  Never are both shoulders or both scapulae held within 4 inches of the mat for a 2 count.  The ref could have called anywhere from 0-4 points and folks would be scratching their heads.  From a distance, it looks like 2 or 4 NF.  A closer look seems like 0 NF to me.

Section 5. Near Fall
Art. 1. Near Fall Criteria. A near fall is a position in which the offensive wrestler has the opponent in a controlled pinning situation in which any one of the following three criteria are met:

• a. The defensive wrestler is held in a high bridge or on both elbows;
  • b. Any part of one shoulder or scapula, or the head is touching the mat and the other shoulder or scapula is held at an angle of 45 degrees or less to the mat; or
  • c. Any part of both shoulders or both scapulae are held within four inches of the mat.

q7XA6G.gif

if you look closely... the bottom of his scapula is on the mat.

perhaps it could have been a pin.

as much as the pin the hall match.

10 minutes ago, GockeS said:

if you look closely... the bottom of his scapula is on the mat.

perhaps it could have been a pin.

as much as the pin the hall match.

Definitely a pin.  Moran also beat Lee.  You have to watch the match backward in slow motion but check it out, it's pretty obvious.  ;_;

You never answered me Jimmy in your mail.  Let us make this public.  

I bet you 50 dollars that Penn State defeats Ohio State.  If Penn St wins you donate 50 bucks to the Gideons.  If Ohio State wins, I give 50 bucks to the Nittany Lion wrestling club. 

Same thing for Luke Pletcher verse Nick Lee.  If Lee wins then you donate 50 bucks to Gideons. If Pletcher wins then I donate 50 bucks to NLWC.  

For the record can you say that you are in?

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

I bet you 50 dollars that Penn State defeats Ohio State.  If Penn St wins you donate 50 bucks to the Gideons.  If Ohio State wins, I give 50 bucks to the Nittany Lion wrestling club. 

Same thing for Luke Pletcher verse Nick Lee.  If Lee wins then you donate 50 bucks to Gideons. If Pletcher wins then I donate 50 bucks to NLWC.  

A wash means no one donates to anybody. 

26 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

He putting in OT to pay off the couple c-notes he owes to other RTCs. He’ll be with you in a few days.