Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking bets about PSU vs Wisconsin tonight

42 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I accept.  Thanks.  This is fun.  So far i have 20 bucks and 100 push ups on the line LOL

Well I can’t do 100 push ups anymore, so here we are haha! If I win send the $20 to SERTC. 

36 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Well I can’t do 100 push ups anymore, so here we are haha! If I win send the $20 to SERTC. 

You can still do 100 again if you simply try harder. I have faith you can do it. Just increase the number you can do by 1 every day and you'll be at 100 before you know it. 

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You can still do 100 again if you simply try harder. I have faith you can do it. Just increase the number you can do by 1 every day and you'll be at 100 before you know it. 

Thanks TBar! I tried to see how many I could do, it was 26 at 370 lbs.

17 hours ago, jross said:

Yes but not to someone's buttocks.  It looks like lower mid back exposure and lower scapula is higher than 4 inches.  RBY's upper back, including the nuance detail of the entire scapula and shoulders are high off the mat.  

better look again

35 minutes ago, GockeS said:

yet after video, they still kept the two

How many NFL challenges remain as called on the field for ambiguous situations?  Answer - all of them.

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

better look again

Let's assume that one scapula is within 4 inches of the mat AND NOT on the mat.  Does the situation warrant near-fall points per the rule book?

• Is RBY held in a high bridge?  No
  • Is RBY on both elbows?  No
  • Is any part of one shoulder touching the mat? No
  • Is any part of one scapula touching the mat? No
  • Is any part of RBY's head touching the mat? No
  • Are both shoulders held within 4 inches of the mat?  No
  • Are both scapulae held within 4 inches of the mat?  No 

1 hour ago, jross said:

Let's assume that one scapula is within 4 inches of the mat AND NOT on the mat.  Does the situation warrant near-fall points per the rule book?

If one scapula was within 4 inches of the mat, they both were (for long enough to get the count(s) )

2 hours ago, jross said:

now do stalling.

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

now do stalling.

This might have went over my head.  I posted opinions on stalling and pointed to the rule book for support.  Does supporting opinions with facts come off as annoying or am I missing something?  It is a learned habit from work.  When you have to deliver and accept constant peer feedback on your professional work in the form of software code reviews, you quickly learn to support your decisions and opinions with research. 

Maybe it is because two different people can watch the same action and perceive it differently.  95% of refs would call that spladle 2 or 4pts and no one will bat an eye.  When I review the rules and watch the replay 20 times, I cannot see NF criteria being met.  And when I watch college wrestling, I see stalling all the time.  I know its stalling from when I wrestled and I understand its stalling from reading and treating the rules as black & white.  The riding point encourages stalling.  It can be improved to keep riding time and also to discourage stalling.

Now if you are serious about analyzing stalling, I'll do it.  Obviously from my posts, I enjoy looking and analyzing the nuanced details.  In my engineering world, details matter.

Edited by jross

39 minutes ago, jross said:

Maybe it is because two different people can watch the same action and perceive it differently.  

this is exactly right.. as i look at the video.. i can see the WHOLE small of his back flat... so that means the scaps aren't too far behind.

40 minutes ago, jross said:

Now if you are serious about analyzing stalling, I'll do it.  

no. the point is.. all those criteria... are out the window. 

i didn't see any tape measures.

etc.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

If one scapula was within 4 inches of the mat, they both were (for long enough to get the count(s) )

1 minute ago, GockeS said:

this is exactly right.. as i look at the video.. i can see the WHOLE small of his back flat... so that means the scaps aren't too far behind. (@perceive differently)

I see the ref counting and his blades are not close to the mat.

Capture.jpg

Maybe we're both correct.  The mind is easily tricked.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, GockeS said:

what happens to facts once the battle starts?

The facts are whatever the ref decides when the battle starts.  There is no ref blame here.  I'd be happy if the ref gave 4pts, there was a PSU challenge, and the ref's response was "dude, he got spladled."  Nah, I enjoy the post match scrutiny with no pressure to make quick decisions.