Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking bets about PSU vs Wisconsin tonight

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

After listening to Bobby Douglas on FRL this morning and BTN tonight, I cant help but notice the repeated praise for Bono. He said almost nothing about Cael, his 4 x champ. Why would that be?

He did talk about Cael a bit during the broadcast. Interestingly enough, he stated that both Bono and Cael "worked harder than anyone" he knew (paraphrasing). Bono did get more praise but that might just be a function of them being on FRL together. I don't know if you could draw the conclusion, based on FRL and tonight's broadcast, that there is some bad blood between Cael and Bobby.

15 minutes ago, Perry said:

Pipher looks terrible in neutral. Any word on if Berge will be back this year or not?

According to Cael and I quote “there’s a chance he’s back, but there’s a chance he’s not back.”

13 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Thats not what I was talking about here. I was talking about the no call when RBY was on the ankle. 

Oh!  Are you talking about that time in the second period (at 1:14 remaining) after RBY gets the takedown?  As SG bases up, for more than 10 seconds, RBY does not try to break SG down.  RBY hooks an ankle while SG tries to escape.  For a couple seconds, RBY sat on SG's ankle and locked hands around SG's leg.  The ref counted a few seconds verbally.  RBY continued sitting on the ankle, let go of the leg, and stayed in the position for over 20 seconds.  The ref was saying "he is not locked" as an indication to the wrestlers that this was not stalling.  Eventually the ref called a stalemate.

Throughout that sequence, stalling should had been called on RBY as it appeared he was 'avoiding wrestling.' 

Aside.  'Avoiding wrestling' occurs all the time in wrestling with spiral rides, tight waist - claw, putting in both legs and fruitlessly trying to powerhalf, etc.  It increases riding time and it wears out the bottom man.  It is boring to watch and top man is more interested in increasing riding time than scoring back points or working for the pin.  

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t know if he’s mic’d up or something but I never realized how much Bono complains.   He might be right up there with Manning as the top complainers.

Zeke Jones too. I couldn’t even watch the ASU- Campbell dual because Zeke was in front of the camera doing gymnastics for 10 matches.

17 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Yes gross won that 30 second exchange in the match. Besides some great scrambling RBY was more aggressive and consistent with his attacks the 6:30 of the match. 

Aggressive sitting on the ankle twice, getting dinged for stalling the second time?

6 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Bono should throw Wick in the weight room for 8 hours a day all off season and bring him back at 184 next year. Imagine his frame with 20 extra pounds of muscle. 

Edit: grammar

That might actually be a good idea

6 minutes ago, jross said:

Oh!  Are you talking about that time in the second period (at 1:14 remaining) after RBY gets the takedown?  As SG bases up, for more than 10 seconds, RBY does not try to break SG down.  RBY hooks an ankle while SG tries to escape.  For a couple seconds, RBY sat on SG's ankle and locked hands around SG's leg.  The ref counted a few seconds verbally.  RBY continued sitting on the ankle, let go of the leg, and stayed in the position for over 20 seconds.  The ref was saying "he is not locked" as an indication to the wrestlers that this was not stalling.  Eventually the ref called a stalemate.

Throughout that sequence, stalling should had been called on RBY as it appeared he was 'avoiding wrestling.' 

Aside.  'Avoiding wrestling' occurs all the time in wrestling with spiral rides, tight waist - claw, putting in both legs and fruitlessly trying to powerhalf, etc.  It increases riding time and it wears out the bottom man.  It is boring to watch and top man is more interested in increasing riding time than scoring back points or working for the pin.  

I didnt know there needed to be a lock for the count to start.

Edited by russelscout

I was very impressed with Mark's 2nd takedown there. Krattiger rolled through and tried to force a stalemate by grabbing the ankle but Hall covered him and pulled on the neck to free his ankle. 

Edit: Damn, looked away to type this and missed the fall.

Edited by Mr. Poopy butthole