Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking bets about PSU vs Wisconsin tonight

38 minutes ago, jross said:

The stalling rules do not use the 'lock' verbiage.  The ref was aware of the common scenario where the offensive wrestler has one or both hands around the defensive wrestler's leg.  RBY did not have one or both hands around SG's leg and it was not considered stalling.

During the sequence, there were other stalling articles that the ref was lenient on.  RBY did not attempt to break SG down from the base position (Art. 15), he was not trying to return SG to the mat (Art. 15), and he was not wrestling aggressively from the top position (Art. 2).

See Stalling Rules - Pg 55 of 109 in the PDF.  True paper page number is 52.

From the last two RBY matches against Desanto and Gross, it is clear that RBY is a detail-oriented wrestler.  Top notch and fun to watch.

Should be. Wasn’t doing anything leaning on those legs. Also that 2 count should have been a 4 even with those slow swipes. Ref seemed to favor RBY. 

RBY usually just hangs on from top and pushes/works towards out of bounds when his opponent stands up. 

Edited by Daybreak

8 hours ago, Perry said:

Not even a penn state fan, neutral party in this for the most part. Gross does nothing. He's also a thief and I havent forgotten why he was kicked off Iowa's roster

Perry - that's uncalled for man. Seth made a mistake, cleaned up his act and now he's been winning - both as an individual and a wrestler ever since that incident. I believe in 2nd chances. Don't you?

Edited by Marcus Cisero

8 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

This is the first time I've seen Lee run tilts. Has he done this before?

I agree - it's obvious he's been adding to his arsenal in the workout room. This kid is on a whole new level this year.

Imagine what a match between Lee and Pletcher will be like. Well, you won't have to because they are on a collision course a week from today!

8 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Man I really hope you aren’t a judge. Kids that make 1 mistake would get put under the jail instead of having a chance to make up for it and make something out of their life. I’d say Gross has done a pretty damn good job of hitting rock bottom and then climbing back to the top, just like chance marstellar and many other guys. You can dislike those guys all you want, but I like the redemption stories and I’m glad they got a second chance. 

well said goheels. 

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Jimmy Cinnabon, I have to admit it - Your bringing gambling into the equation (although it was gambling at its most simple form and for charity) has gotten this forum jumping.
Well done.
He has more fun with this forum than most everyone else. Everyone takes this place too seriously and bashes his goofball topics, yet they generate more interest than most of the others. Now he has to donate to a variety of wrestling clubs. No one really loses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So...JC was quick to call someone out to pay (who didn’t even make the bet),  but has been absent since the end of the dual...
He did say in one of the bets the loser couldn't post until they provided proof of donation......

9 hours ago, jross said:

The stalling rules do not use the 'lock' verbiage.  The ref was aware of the common scenario where the offensive wrestler has one or both hands around the defensive wrestler's leg.  RBY did not have one or both hands around SG's leg and it was not considered stalling.

During the sequence, there were other stalling articles that the ref was lenient on.  RBY did not attempt to break SG down from the base position (Art. 15), he was not trying to return SG to the mat (Art. 15), and he was not wrestling aggressively from the top position (Art. 2).

See Stalling Rules - Pg 55 of 109 in the PDF.  True paper page number is 52.

From the last two RBY matches against Desanto and Gross, it is clear that RBY is a detail-oriented wrestler.  Top notch and fun to watch.

You can actually hear the ref during the match explaining to Bono why it wasn't stalling. Clearly says "hands weren't locked"

Edited by Flying-Tiger

8 minutes ago, Flying-Tiger said:

You can actually hear the ref during the match explaining to Bono why it wasn't stalling. Clearly says "hands weren't locked"

Which would apply to the 5 second aspect.  He was still probably  “regular stalling” because he wasn’t doing anything there for about 10+ seconds.

2 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Perry - that's uncalled for man. Seth made a mistake, cleaned up his act and now he's been winning - both as an individual and a wrestler ever since that incident. I believe in 2nd chances. Don't you?

Yes, you (and the others) were right, my comments last night were out of line and shouldn't have been made.

After having watched the match on YouTube, my thoughts are in line with what some others have posted. RBY looked better than Gross did for a majority of the match. But, I think Gross should have had 4 NF on that spladle, and RBY should have been hit for stalling on that ankle. The ref was so focused on the five count rule, he ignored the fact that RBY was stalling the traditional way. Just because he didn't drop down to the leg doesn't mean he can hook the ankle and do nothing for a solid minute.