MedicineMan

Iowa Michigan

Just now, Perry said:

Lugo just doesn't impress me or look like much more than a 6 to 8 tier aa

Reminds me a little bit of Jason Tsirtsis but with a tad more offense. 

He's no Retherford, but his finishes have come a long way since last year. I'm not saying he's a lock for the title (especially with Kolodzik back in the field) but all he has to do is keep winning to make it to the semifinals and beyond.

Young takes a shot in the first. You don't see that out of him in every match.

Edit: 2 shots. Scores on the 2nd. Leads 2-0 now. Let's see if he decides to spend half the match on top or if he tries to score a few more TD's

Edit: Lewan escapes. Young takes his 3rd shot with :40 left in the 1st. This might be a season record for him.

P.S. It might seem like I'm being a little too tough on him from my armchair but I really do have a lot of respect for him. Just want to see him open up some more.

Edited by Mr. Poopy butthole

Not to take anything away from Young, who looked great, but there’s no way Lewan should be ranked 8th. His best win is over Justin Thomas of Oklahoma and he has a loss to AC Headlee this year, who’s ranked in the low teens. I think he’s more of a top 15, round of 12 type guy. 

Edit: Flo actually has Headlee at 11, wrestlestat has him at 18. 157 just isn’t very deep this year so maybe 8th isn’t that far off.

Edited by goheels1812

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Not to take anything away from Young, who looked great, but there’s no way Lewan should be ranked 8th. His best win is over Justin Thomas of Oklahoma and he has a loss to AC Headlee this year, who’s ranked in the low teens. I think he’s more of a top 15, round of 12 type guy. 

Agreed. That is the kind of match Young would have to win in the quarters/blood run so it bodes well for his AA prospects. Young hasn't looked like the 5th best wrestler up to this point so this was a nice win.

Marinelli wins 16-5 over Hughes.

It was a classic Marinelli match featuring post doubles, quick finishes, kicking the opponent's feet out as he's cutting them, 3/4 nelson and cowcatcher attempts.

Kemerer  via TF  21-6 over  Max Maylor. His opponent was overmatched and continued to take shots, much to Kemdawg's benefit.

Wilcke in at 184. Not sure about the reasoning behind the move. I think it's either because Abe is a little dinged up or Brands sending a message to Abe about nothing being a done deal. I don't think that Brands is the type to protect someone's ego (Abe has lost 2 out of his last 3) but then how do you explain Warner sitting out against Moore?

Official review midway through the second about a possible escape on the edge. No escape given. Wilcke gets out shortly after the restart and is almost immediately in on the legs for a quick 2. Very slick maneuver for a sneaky 3 points. 

After the 1st period I thought it would be a typical Wilcke match. Based on score alone you would think it was but both opponents were very active in the 3rd... sorta. Wilcke did get stinged with a stalling warning in the 3rd for hugging the edge. Decent performance I suppose but I don't see how you don't go with Abe the rest of the way.

197: Warner wit ha deep snap halfway through the first and go behind for a TD. This seems to be his MO. Let's see if he keeps the pressure up to widen the gap. Lot's of riding. No definitive attempts to turn. Stall call on Warner at the end of the first. Iowa has been winning with scrambling and tough riding it seems like (Lugo, Warner, and to a lesser extent, Young).

I'm a little tipsy at this point and am jumping between this match and OKST vs. Wyoming so I'm going to slow down.

Warner wins 4-1. A few halfhearted attempts in the 3rd. I'm not sure he has the offense to place higher than 3rd. He was never in danger though so there's that.

HWY. Match of the night. Here we go. Parris with a quick dump for 2. Wow. Cass with the reversal. Parris quick escape. Parris taking all the shots. Cass with a shot, Parris re-attack and score. Doesn't look good. Oh wow. Parris got the turk, dominating. PIN!

Edited by Mr. Poopy butthole

Thought Parris had a shot to win.  Did not expect to see Parris To pretty much control it on the feet and for most of the match on the mat too. Probably not wise to go under Cass to much for that dump but it ended up working that time. Got a little over anxious on the first pin combo which lead to a reversal.  But other than that it was all him. No live job finding that Turk which he changed over to a pin.  Cass kinda went deer in headlights  there likely not expecting Parris to throw it into that high of a gear from the opening whistle.  He’s deserving of his #2 ranking and shows he not going to slow it down for a match vs. someone like Gable. 

Edited by MadMardigain