MedicineMan

Iowa Michigan

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I got the impression if they wrestle 5 more times that Parris wins every time. 

Cass was totally outclassed. 

Cass isnt worse than I thought to be fair. I think his ranking at is justifiable. Be just can’t touch Gable or Parris right now. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Cass was totally outclassed. 

Cass isnt worse than I thought to be fair. I think his ranking at is justifiable. Be just can’t touch Gable or Parris right now. 

Yeah, agree with your description. He is good, but they are on another level.

28 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Every single season a junior world gold medalist has started, they have AAd (after they won Gold). 

Most have won titles at some point. 

And that’s the thing, it wasn’t just that he won Junior Worlds, we’ve had quite a few do that. It was that nobody made it out of the first period against him. He went 10-0 tech, 10-0 tech, 13-2 tech, and then first period fall against an extremely good Zare. The same Zare who beat Petriashvili, Makhov, Gwiz, Kerkvliet, etc. At the time you say wow really nice job but probably not repeatable and if they wrestled again Zare probably wins. Well maybe just maybe Mason Parris is on or near that level. Can’t wait to see him vs Steveson.

Edited by Divided42

2 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Lee is dominant with basically one move. Figure that out, then get him into the 3rd period - and you've figured him out

I don't care what any one says - Spencer Lee is VULNERABLE

Partially agree. Nobody is unbeatable. However, don't concur with your first point. We've seen many great wrestlers have close matches for one reason or another. Zain had a couple 2-1 wins over Collica, Clagon, and Sorenson, respectively. Nolf had the famous ultra tight win against Hidlay. Bo lost to Myles twice. Those are just a few recent stand-out matches. I think it's too soon to claim that Spencer Lee is "figured out". 

He does seem to rely a little too much on the reinforced tilt though, I'll give you that. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Partially agree. Nobody is unbeatable. However, don't concur with your first point. We've seen many great wrestlers have close matches for one reason or another. Zain had a couple 2-1 wins over Collica, Clagon, and Sorenson, respectively. Nolf had the famous ultra tight win against Hidlay. Bo lost to Myles twice. Those are just a few recent stand-out matches. I think it's too soon to claim that Spencer Lee is "figured out". 

He does seem to rely a little too much on the reinforced tilt though, I'll give you that. 

I think its fair to say its been figured out. The bigger issue is, is anyone capable of executing that plan. Looks like the margin of error is very tiny, but the path/strategy exists.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I'm surprised people are surprised by how dominant Parris was tonight. The result against Zare alone is evidence enough that hes on a different level than all these guys, gable not included. Not so hot take, he beats gable for the title.

Edited by BTC

Parris was impessive before he fully committed to wrestling. I think a lot of Indiana folk expected him to shock in college, but the amount he is improving is just nuts. I cant wait to see him vs Steveson (who also has indiana ties before apple valley)

9 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Can’t believe Medley is the guy to stop Spencer’s 100% bonus streak. Wrestling makes no sense sometimes 

He's a great kid with a huge heart.  Big student of the game and Bormet says he's the hardest worker on the team.  Not surprised at all.

28 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

He's a great kid with a huge heart.  Big student of the game and Bormet says he's the hardest worker on the team.  Not surprised at all.

Has Medley been bonused at all this year?

12 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Lee is dominant with basically one move. Figure that out, then get him into the 3rd period - and you've figured him out

I don't care what any one says - Spencer Lee is VULNERABLE

Everybody is vulnerable, thanks to pins! Picc racked him up for 6 last year.

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Has Medley been bonused at all this year?

Not sure but he hangs with everyone and pulls the occasional upset.  Has improved dramatically since starting college and will continue to get better.  On academic scholarship but loves wrestling and has earned his way into the starting line-up.  More stories like this and more young men like Jack.