ludwigdmd

DeSanto injury?

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

Bruised ego is typically a 2-3 week recovery.  

Well you do need to miss a minimum of 2 matches to make it seem legit....3-4 if you want to silence the boards. At this point he would be safe to just ride it out until the B10. 

FWIW it certainly is a real possibility that DeSanto felt the injury at the time was worse than it may actually turn out to be. As an Ohio State fan I can still remember Braxton Miller being taken off the field in an ambulance against Purdue and we all thought he was dead... and then he started the next week.

Edited by DocBZ

1 hour ago, gowrestle said:

Heard that during the break one of the Brands used the word toward the PSU coaches accusing them of instructing RBY to intentionally injure DeSanto. Definitely a low class act by the Iowa coaches. 

Not as low class as throwing a chair at a ref, though.

1 hour ago, gowrestle said:

Heard that during the break one of the Brands used the word toward the PSU coaches accusing them of instructing RBY to intentionally injure DeSanto. Definitely a low class act by the Iowa coaches. 

Wow. Who did you hear that from? I follow Iowa pretty closely. I wasnt at the dual, but know plenty of people who were. How were you the first one to hear about this?

19 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Wow. Who did you hear that from? I follow Iowa pretty closely. I wasnt at the dual, but know plenty of people who were. How were you the first one to hear about this?

He wasn’t the first.  The person who told him may have been.

26 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Before the PSU/Maryland Dual, Casey Cunningham shared the story at the prematch reception hosted by the Penn State Wrestling Club. I was not present but I heard the story from several that were. 

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

Definitely aimed at official.  Did it result in a suspension? Charges filed?

Let's not overstate this. He threw the brick and then a towel at Sammy Julian. Sammy threw him out. He picked up the chair which was below stage level and waved it at Sammy and slammed it down (possibly on the mat) but waited to do that when Sammy walked away.

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

Let's not overstate this. He threw the brick and then a towel at Sammy Julian. Sammy threw him out. He picked up the chair which was below stage level and waved it at Sammy and slammed it down (possibly on the mat) but waited to do that when Sammy walked away.

classy.

13 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Before the PSU/Maryland Dual, Casey Cunningham shared the story at the prematch reception hosted by the Penn State Wrestling Club. I was not present but I heard the story from several that were. 

Hmm, so he went in front of a group of people and said that one of the Brands boys used the "F" word at them? Thats a weird story gowrestle.

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

classy.

I'm not defending what Cael did (and although I know Cael a little I'm friends with Sammy so I more side with him) but I don't like seeing people get carried away with stuff. I realize that people here are reacting to the caption of the video.

21 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Hmm, so he went in front of a group of people and said that one of the Brands boys used the "F" word at them? Thats a weird story gowrestle.

Definitely unusual. Agree on that.