10 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Parris is clearly better than before, and he wasn't bad!  His trajectory is fun to watch... And he is going to give Gable a battle.  

Agree 

and Parris potential is still being untapped and his growth will continue 

54 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

I’m calling it. The best heavy in the game!

prove me wrong

I don't agree with this.  While Parris is very very good, I think we're failing to remember how good Gable Steveson is.  I do feel Parris' athleticism will be able to give Gable fits at times and close the gap, but this is the same guy that lost to Sam Stoll last year at nationals.  The same guy that lost to Cassar 19-8.  Has he improved?  Of course he has.  He looks bigger, stronger and has retained his speed as well.  I just don't see it to be enough to beat Gable consistently.  I do think the match will be 2-3 points though.  I would take Gable 8-5 ish.  

I will say this - Cassioppi got worked in every facet of that match, but I think he'll close the gap considerably if they meet at B10's.  The match was very exciting, even Cass's reversal.  I actually wish that match would have went the distance to see how close it may have been.  Cass normally works hard late in matches, and I would been interested to see if Parris maintained his speed throughout.  

Parris maybe able to keep it competitive but I think Gable still had it on him this year. Gables more mobile and technique savvy than most HWT too.  It maybe a dog fight but Gables just got a better feel for positions than Parris and it’s likely makes the difference in a few flurries.  Now if Parris works another year to continue his development in the weight room and in match awareness he’s going to be a tough one for anyone to compete with. 

Edited by MadMardigain

I agree with everything you say, gable will be a handful and huge challenge for Parris

big Tony’s reversal was awesome but aside from that yes he was “worked”

unless Parris completely runs outta gas I don’t see how match coulda played out longer or different 

I do think that GS still has the edge over MP, except in one area...conditioning for long, action-packed matches. 

I'm not saying that GS is out of shape, rather, it appears that MP has a really good motor. 

This could be the deciding factor when these two wrestle. 

The best news is that we get to see several very good high;y mobile and skilled heavies compete this year (and the past several years); I don't think anyone likes to watch the typical "Push, slap and tickle" jousting so common with the big guys. 

38 minutes ago, Iscored2onu said:

I don't agree with this.  While Parris is very very good, I think we're failing to remember how good Gable Steveson is.  I do feel Parris' athleticism will be able to give Gable fits at times and close the gap, but this is the same guy that lost to Sam Stoll last year at nationals.  The same guy that lost to Cassar 19-8.  Has he improved?  Of course he has.  He looks bigger, stronger and has retained his speed as well.  I just don't see it to be enough to beat Gable consistently.  I do think the match will be 2-3 points though.  I would take Gable 8-5 ish.  

I will say this - Cassioppi got worked in every facet of that match, but I think he'll close the gap considerably if they meet at B10's.  The match was very exciting, even Cass's reversal.  I actually wish that match would have went the distance to see how close it may have been.  Cass normally works hard late in matches, and I would been interested to see if Parris maintained his speed throughout.  

Agreed - Cassiopi will return "coached up."  For example, I don't see him falling into MP's fireman's/dump again. I do see him becoming more schooled on what to do when MP is under him on those shots he likes to take. And, he was able to snatch MP's leg a few times, and unless MP allowed him to do so, that's a good sign. 

I really like Cass and think he's got lot of upward potential. Last night, I think he was a bit surprised by just how strong MP was. 

1 hour ago, Old Corps said:

I do think that GS still has the edge over MP, except in one area...conditioning for long, action-packed matches. 

I'm not saying that GS is out of shape, rather, it appears that MP has a really good motor. 

This could be the deciding factor when these two wrestle. 

The best news is that we get to see several very good high;y mobile and skilled heavies compete this year (and the past several years); I don't think anyone likes to watch the typical "Push, slap and tickle" jousting so common with the big guys. 

Today edge to GS absolutely, future is gonna be fun to watch this play out

GS is so predictable in his on mat behavior, he almost always will do some unsportsmanlike like when his opponent battles rather than bows down to him, then predictably will reach out a hand in forgiveness 

MP will battle hard 

1 hour ago, Iscored2onu said:

It is pretty silly to say you wish the better wrestler had not pinned the lesser wrestler so you could see the lesser wrestler make the match closer.  Clearly, you are saying this as a fan disappointed Cass got stomped - and not someone who wants to see the best these two have to offer.

To paraphrase a movie line:

"Cass has been weighed, he has been measured and he has been found wanting".  

2 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

Today edge to GS absolutely, future is gonna be fun to watch this play out

GS is so predictable in his on mat behavior, he almost always will do some unsportsmanlike like when his opponent battles rather than bows down to him, then predictably will reach out a hand in forgiveness 

MP will battle hard 

Stevenson will not beat Parris.

25 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Agreed, Stevenson would likely not score a point against Parris.

I wouldnt go that far, but I will say Stevenson knows Parris won't be a cake walk.

...and props to Cassiopi for not dodging Parris like Gable did!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

37 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Stevenson will not beat Parris.

I'll go a step further out on the limb and say that Stevenson will never even take the mat against Parris.  I'm not calling him a duck ... but that's my firm prediction. 

Just now, ionel said:

I'll go a step further out on the limb and say that Stevenson will never even take the mat against Parris.  I'm not calling him a duck ... but that's my firm prediction. 

Solid take.