Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

 

What does his return to the lineup mean for Princeton’s team race potential at NCAA?

 

A higher team placement.

Hope this helps.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lu_alum said:

 

What does his return to the lineup mean for Princeton’s team race potential at NCAA?

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

If today's match was any indication:  nothing.  He got called for stalling three times against Hunter Richard, was in reverse the last two periods, could/should have been called for stalled twice more, and was almost taken down at the buzzer.  Won 4-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, klehner said:

If today's match was any indication:  nothing.  He got called for stalling three times against Hunter Richard, was in reverse the last two periods, could/should have been called for stalled twice more, and was almost taken down at the buzzer.  Won 4-2.

I haven’t seen all of Kolodziks collegiate matches but that perfectly describes most of the ones I have seen. He gets a lead and then goes heavy heavy heavy head and hands defense for the rest of the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I haven’t seen all of Kolodziks collegiate matches but that perfectly describes most of the ones I have seen. He gets a lead and then goes heavy heavy heavy head and hands defense for the rest of the match. 

He was getting run off the mat over and over.  I've seen a number of his matches, and I've never seen him look that bad.  He should have been DQed with a couple more stalling calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, klehner said:

He was getting run off the mat over and over.  I've seen a number of his matches, and I've never seen him look that bad.  He should have been DQed with a couple more stalling calls.

That long lung timeout on a Princeton challenge saved him. 

Edited by RedFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also seen in Jadwin Gym:  Joey Galasso, Vito, Yianni.  Joey is "large", and Vito is "tiny."

Other recruit news this weekend:  Cole Handlovic (BeCaHi) won all his matches at the PIAA AAA duals at 145, and Greg. Diakomihalis won NY Section V with three falls totaling under seven minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top 15, possibly break top 10 if their guns place high enough and a small supporting cast can grab a few points.

Flo’s current tourney ranking has them as 9th (38 pts), without Kolodzik. Tack on 18-20 pts at 149 and they are north of 55 pts, which would put them in 4th place.

Current rankings:
125: Glory - 3rd
149: Kolodzik - should come in as top 3/4
157: Monday - 5th
165: Cuomo - 23rd
197: Brucki- 3rd




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, this seems off to me. The year Cornell got three first place finishers, it came in 4th. Even if Kol takes first--which seems unlikely-- two thirds, a 1st and a 5th does not  get a team into the top 4.

Just checked: The year was 2012. Cornell had 102 team points. Lehigh had 61 and placed 8th with two seconds, a 4th and an 8th..

 

Edited by NJDan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is Brucki a senior?  Is that why they're pushing all in?

He's a junior. But this is their best chance at  an Ivy and maybe and EIWA title. Cornell will win both next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJDan said:

He's a junior. But this is their best chance at  an Ivy and maybe and EIWA title. Cornell will win both next year.

Gotcha.  Makes sense for them but this has the potential to push Iowa and Penn State closer, since obviously Penn State isn't likely to score points at this weight, whereas Iowa is hoping to score big points here, and this is just one obstacle.  Obviously he'll need to be better than he was in his most recent match, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NJDan said:

Hmmm, this seems off to me. The year Cornell got three first place finishers, it came in 4th. Even if Kol takes first--which seems unlikely-- two thirds, a 1st and a 5th does not  get a team into the top 4.

Just checked: The year was 2012. Cornell had 102 team points. Lehigh had 61 and placed 8th with two seconds, a 4th and an 8th..

 

It is very rare to score over 100 and not place top 2. You are looking at an outlier that almost certainly doesn’t apply this year. 
  
80ish points in enough for 4th and maybe 3rd this year. 
  
Princeton, like most 3/4 contenders, has to wrestle perfectly to make it. Nebraska, Ohio State, ASU, NC State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue and ISU all have a shot at the podium. 4ish AAs including 2 high scorers can get it done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Gotcha.  Makes sense for them but this has the potential to push Iowa and Penn State closer, since obviously Penn State isn't likely to score points at this weight, whereas Iowa is hoping to score big points here, and this is just one obstacle.  Obviously he'll need to be better than he was in his most recent match, but still.

For sure. Iowa needs Warner’s points and Brucki is 50/50 with him imo. Iowa needs most of their non title threats to place to win. They have a ton of opportunities though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

For sure. Iowa needs Warner’s points and Brucki is 50/50 with him imo. Iowa needs most of their non title threats to place to win. They have a ton of opportunities though

I think Warner is an underdog in that matchup, stylistically.  I know he won the first one this year, but I think that's more the outlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lu_alum said:


Flo’s current tourney ranking has them as 9th (38 pts), without Kolodzik. Tack on 18-20 pts at 149 and they are north of 55 pts, which would put them in 4th place.

Current rankings:
125: Glory - 3rd
149: Kolodzik - should come in as top 3/4
157: Monday - 5th
165: Cuomo - 23rd
197: Brucki- 3rd




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good analysis.  

Best case:  they all wrestle at least to their ranking and one or two surpass it (one of them gets into the finals).  Would think they'd be 3-6 as a team.

Worst case:  One or more doesn't place and the others end up somewhere in the 4-8 range.  Still a good finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Good analysis.  

Best case:  they all wrestle at least to their ranking and one or two surpass it (one of them gets into the finals).  Would think they'd be 3-6 as a team.

Worst case:  One or more doesn't place and the others end up somewhere in the 4-8 range.  Still a good finish.

The Princeton team I watched yesterday had better up their game, or only Glory of those listed will reach those predictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Housebuye said:

It is very rare to score over 100 and not place top 2. You are looking at an outlier that almost certainly doesn’t apply this year. 
  
80ish points in enough for 4th and maybe 3rd this year. 
  
Princeton, like most 3/4 contenders, has to wrestle perfectly to make it. Nebraska, Ohio State, ASU, NC State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue and ISU all have a shot at the podium. 4ish AAs including 2 high scorers can get it done. 

Brackets are here:  http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/brackets/NCAA2012.pdf

Three teams close for second place, then a big falloff to 5th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...